Trek

#2 Edited by superstay (9693 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who....

d^_^b

#3 Edited by The Stegman (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

New Star Trek films>>Star Trek series>>>DW

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by The Stegman (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I actually really like the theme to DW, it's catchy, ha, but I've been trying for ages to get into the show, and I just can't, however ALL of my friends love it. This girl that I've been seeing likes it, so in order to appease her, I will give the show one more try...starting with Tenant, not that boring 9th Doctor.

#6 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who, simply because it sounds more alien and adventurous.

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Oh this is just for the theme tunes not the show

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: *facepalm* don't know why I didn't read that, now I feel silly. in that case, I still vote Star Trek, that "Space, the final frontier" thing gets me every time.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Yea that is pretty iconic, now the next question is Original Series or Next Generation?

#10 Posted by SheenLantern (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

Trek by far

#11 Posted by The Stegman (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: This is gonna sound odd, but my favorite intro is actually from Enterprise, mostly cause I watched it growing up, so many feels.

#12 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Who

#13 Posted by Rouflex (17226 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who:56%

Star Trek:44%

#14 Posted by MaccyD (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Emm, there's a different theme tune for every doctor?

Voted Doctor Who, it's really iconic around here and prefer the show over Star Trek.

#15 Edited by Xwraith (17178 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek. So many great theme songs.

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7667 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who hands down

#17 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek.

#18 Edited by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Who is older, better and more British (ie better again) then Star Trek, Star Gate,Star wars or Battlestar Galactica ;) it has the best intro, outro and cliff hangers. I love it, it's as big a staple as eastenders and coronation street.

#19 Edited by Rouflex (17226 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

Doctor Who:56%

Star Trek:44%

Doctor Who:63%

Star Trek:37%

I'm kinda surpised.

#20 Edited by Rouflex (17226 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: I know right, I expect Dr who to be at least in the 80% us whovians are the biggest fan lords out there

#22 Posted by Rouflex (17226 posts) - - Show Bio

@hillbillymorangie:

Nah i was talking about Trekkies, i thought there was more trekkies on the vine (Evan if i prefer DW).

#23 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: I dunno, I would say Whovians outnumber Trekkies, and those that like both (lik myself) will always pick the better theme tune... Definatly the Dr who one, As soon as the Donna da dun hits I'm there hooked to e screen, the first tune u, kids learn on the key board, it's the basis for all sci fi that followed. In my opinion anyway lol, blakes 7 to hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.

#24 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

On the topic, is the ABC in America that broadcasts the Marvel: Agents of Shield show, the same ABC as the Associated British Corporation that aired 'Out of this World' the sci fi show Terry Nation created before Dr Who? Or it a completely different ABC?

#25 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: I felt the same way lol. Honestly, I think this site hates Star Trek...you know it's bad when Dr. Who is winning lol. Not that Dr. Who is a bad show or anything.

Hillbilly, ST isn't british and age means nothing. Just saying lol.

#26 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: hey I love Star Trek, but it's not as good as dr who

#27 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@hillbillymorangie: That is your opinion, which you're entitled to. I prefer ST.

Star Trek overall has been more successful and far wider scale, movies, series, pop culture etc. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Who is big as well just saying ST clearly spawned alot more forms of media

#29 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: maybe but I prefer Dr Who's theme tune

#30 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@hillbillymorangie: lol the themes cool. I like the second theme the most from ST:Next Gen. Didn't like the first one as much though.