This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I am asking for some action to be taken in regards to a certain user. This is not an attempt at flaming, nor is it me trolling. I am making the first step to fixing this horrible situation we have on ComicVine.

Jhazzroucher has been making threads all across the board about miniscule things, just so he/she can link it to Storm in some way. The user's threads have absolutely nothing to do with Storm, and yet every title and description will mention Storm. It might seem like a pointless thing to report, but it is beginning to turn people away from these forums. I have spoken to numerous users, and I will name them if they allow it, about this user and we all agree something must be done. 

Now, I approched Jhazzroucher privately about his/her rabid obssession with Storm and how the user's thread spamming was turning people away from the board. The response I received was immature and baiting. 

anyway, I will not create a Storm or Storm related thread for this year if i see 10 of you using a Storm avatars for a year too, namely: innervenom123, Billy Batson, citizenbane, RainEffect,cyberninja, X35, FadeToBlackBolt, John_Valentine, and i'll give you the last 2 viners later.

That was the response I received when I tried to explain that the user's actions were having immense negative effects on the community. 

This is not an attack on Storm, or on any of the character's fans. This is bringing to the staff's attention pointless thread spamming that has to come to an end. I'm trying to be mature about this, but I'm not going to sit by and let it go on any longer.
#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the mods tend to side with jhazz, we better get the Storm avatars ready...

#3 Posted by Saren (25088 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

anyway, I will not create a Storm or Storm related thread for this year if i see 10 of you using a Storm avatars for a year too, namely: innervenom123, Billy Batson, citizenbane, RainEffect,cyberninja, X35, FadeToBlackBolt, John_Valentine, and i'll give you the last 2 viners later.

wut

#4 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect: Add to it the fact he's been banned TWICE, under different accounts.  

But no, someone who says f*ck in a battle thread is definitely the one harming Comicvine.
#5 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Hey! What about me? Don't I matter nowadays? DOESN'T 25 MATTER?

I take offense.

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@RainEffect: Add to it the fact he's been banned TWICE, under different accounts. But no, someone who says f*ck in a battle thread is definitely the one harming Comicvine.

Seriously? What a joke.

And who would that person be? xD

#8 Posted by Saren (25088 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is going to achieve anything, and quite frankly it doesn't technically have a lot of merit. Is jhazzroucher's habit of making pointless threads annoying as hell? Sweet mother of god, yes. Is it against the rules? Not really.

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect: Yup, as rbystji and RLAAMJR. Xerox-kitty got rid of him both times. I miss her.  

More than a few people. Not me because I avoid the battle forums like a restroom at a death metal concert. 
#10 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I don't think this is going to achieve anything, and quite frankly it doesn't technically have a lot of merit. Is jhazzroucher's habit of making pointless threads annoying as hell? Sweet mother of god, yes. Is it against the rules? Not really.

Surely it falls under the definition of 'spamming'?

I mean, I could just make it my mission to post a gif on every single one of his threads. See if he likes it. Hey, I'm not breaking any rules.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Yes, it's spamming. 
#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

This is not really the appropriate way to deal with this, this will just become a "hate-in". I will deal with this though

#13 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Since the mods tend to side with jhazz, we better get the Storm avatars ready...

-____-

@RainEffect said:

I am asking for some action to be taken in regards to a certain user. This is not an attempt at flaming, nor is it me trolling. I am making the first step to fixing this horrible situation we have on ComicVine.

Jhazzroucher has been making threads all across the board about miniscule things, just so he/she can link it to Storm in some way. The user's threads have absolutely nothing to do with Storm, and yet every title and description will mention Storm. It might seem like a pointless thing to report, but it is beginning to turn people away from these forums. I have spoken to numerous users, and I will name them if they allow it, about this user and we all agree something must be done.

Now, I approched Jhazzroucher privately about his/her rabid obssession with Storm and how the user's thread spamming was turning people away from the board. The response I received was immature and baiting.

That was the response I received when I tried to explain that the user's actions were having immense negative effects on the community.

This is not an attack on Storm, or on any of the character's fans. This is bringing to the staff's attention pointless thread spamming that has to come to an end. I'm trying to be mature about this, but I'm not going to sit by and let it go on any longer.

We don't need to see your private conversation with this user.

You guys are pretty good about posting things that aren't offensive, aren't calling other users out -- you're generally good users, so this is disappointing. If a user creates a thread about Storm to bait you DON'T POST IN IT! AT ALL. PM a mod with your concern and let them decide whether or not to lock and delete the thread. It's that easy.

If you create a thread specifically to bash another CV user, that's an automatic ban. You have been warned.