Sports Enthusiasts

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By castleking

I have always enjoyed sports since i was a kid from boxing, baseball, wrestling, track and lunch time football. there are a few sports that i didn't enjoy just because i wasn't that good mostly it was just basketball. The main reason i enjoyed sports was because  you are playing and people depend on you and it is a way to test yourself physically and show you where you need to improve. Having said that, i hate watching sports, i hate football, basketball and i really really really hate things that now passes as a sport like golf and other boring sports like baseball.

I have always despised ppl who sit and cheer for total strangers who are emotionally invested in a game that they are not contributing to other than paying for a game ticket, i know some of you will say the fans are as much part of the game as the athletes.. well, to those ppl the sad truth  is you are only a distraction to those on the field whether you cheer for them or not. i can understand when parents family members and friends go to the events to cheer for a particular athlete, they are emotionally invested in that person and want him to succeed. but, to the strangers who have no friends nor family who just shows up to the game b/c it is the only thing they have to look forward to in their life, i say to you go find something else to fill your life. Join a amateur team, go bowling and socialize rather than sitting in the stance filling your mouth  with wieners and painting your face and removing your clothes while  orgasmically screaming a players name and number while he runs down the field covered in sweat and uniform clinging to him with mud and dirt.

i mean something about all that just sounds really gay to me, not that there is anything wrong with being gay  but, if i were to analyze it. i think it would be something to do with some latent or buried homoerotic tendencies and i am sure Sigmund Freud would probably agree with me when analyzing sports fans. In closing why do people feel the need to watch others play sports rather than they doing it themselves?

what is missing in a person's life that they need to fill the void with the success or failure of another human being?

P.S. if you have money riding on a team than you are emotionally invested and a damn good reason to watch, holler, cheer, boo at an athlete or team.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

Well it is vicarious pleasure.  Its the same reason why people watch television or read comic books.  For those minutes of the day the person is no longer Stanley the Insurance salesman or Bob the Planet Manager, but instead they are living through the players, just as we live through our comic book characters.  When an athlete acts unprofessionally then there is usually a sense of denial, you wouldnt do that in real life, so why does the vicarious pleasure giver do bad things?  I agree mostly with your overall sentiment, as I have stated before, there are a lot of people who claim to love the sport because they love competition, yet they wouldn't watch a high school match or watch two elites matched up in a sport which is not as cool (imagine the world table tennis championship).  I dont think it has anything to do with homeroticism, rather in this busy world in which we live in it provides the chance to step outside the confines of your life for an hour or two at a time.  

Gambling on anything is ridiculous, especially sports where the control is completely out of your hands.  
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By castleking

damn, i reread the thing and realized how bad i screwed it up...

anywho....

it isnt ridicules to bet on a game it makes it interesting and worth watching. the only time i say it is ridicules is when ppl bet more money than they are willing to lose.
But, i guess i have a different view since i live in  gambling town and it is a way of life.. i usually go to sports bars to drink and socialize with my friends the game itself is a secondary after thought since i am enjoying my friends company.

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Wise Son
@RazzaTazz said:
" Well it is vicarious pleasure.  Its the same reason why people watch television or read comic books.  For those minutes of the day the person is no longer Stanley the Insurance salesman or Bob the Planet Manager, but instead they are living through the players, just as we live through our comic book characters.  When an athlete acts unprofessionally then there is usually a sense of denial, you wouldnt do that in real life, so why does the vicarious pleasure giver do bad things?  I agree mostly with your overall sentiment, as I have stated before, there are a lot of people who claim to love the sport because they love competition, yet they wouldn't watch a high school match or watch two elites matched up in a sport which is not as cool (imagine the world table tennis championship).  I dont think it has anything to do with homeroticism, rather in this busy world in which we live in it provides the chance to step outside the confines of your life for an hour or two at a time.  

Gambling on anything is ridiculous, especially sports where the control is completely out of your hands.  
"
QFT
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

it's the ability to say you were right, that means a lot to a lot of people.

if you says so and so will KO so and so in such and such round, then it happens, it shows you knew what you were talking about. (or at least a good guesser).

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking
@Caligula said:
" it's the ability to say you were right, that means a lot to a lot of people.if you says so and so will KO so and so in such and such round, then it happens, it shows you knew what you were talking about. (or at least a good guesser). "
hmm,.. i guess that is a plausible reason.
GreenParrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By GreenParrot

I played football in high school and enjoy watching it. To me it's just entertainment like movies, video games, and reading comics. There are people who are fanatical about sports though, but that applies to many forms of entertainment.    

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking

Best motivational sports speech.. figure it belongs here.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By cyberninja
@castleking said:
  Best motivational sports speech.. figure it belongs here.
YES!!! Now I feel ready to cook my breakfast, because who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!!!
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By castleking

remember to scream it to the bacon and eggs