#1 Posted by inferiorego (20587 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else on Spore?
If you want my creatures, my name on it is: Inferiorego

what a surprise

Staff
#2 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (20587 posts) - - Show Bio

bump... more people need this game

Staff
#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

just bought it yesterday. still getting used to the controls but it's pretty neat.

#5 Posted by Shatterstar (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard it wasn't that great. Are the reviews wrong?

Moderator
#6 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not life changing by any means but it;s a good time waster. making the different creatures is pretty neat.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my housemates got it and he used one of his 3 installs to put it on my computer. It's not bad.

Moderator
#8 Edited by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a pretty good left side of the brain so in terms of creativity... this game is my crack...

i got bitzed out of my brain and played it all night and went from a single cell to a galactic civilization with beings that look like a mix between scorpions, wookies, ET and a kangaroo.

what a kick-ass game, you can create your own buildings, spacecrafts, tanks everything down to almost every detail. no wonder it took 15 years to make. dont think it will beat the sims' sales tho, dont think anything will. (awaiting virtual reality)

#9 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:
"i have a pretty good left side of the brain so in terms of creativity... this game is my crack...

i got bitzed out of my brain and played it all night and went from a single cell to a galactic civilization with beings that look like a mix between scorpions, wookies, ET and a kangaroo.

what a kick-ass game, you can create your own buildings, spacecrafts, tanks everything down to almost every detail. no wonder it took 15 years to make. dont think it will beat the sims' sales tho, dont think anything will. (awaiting virtual reality)"
I can't wait.
#10 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Matches said:
"i have a pretty good left side of the brain so in terms of creativity... this game is my crack...

i got bitzed out of my brain and played it all night and went from a single cell to a galactic civilization with beings that look like a mix between scorpions, wookies, ET and a kangaroo.

what a kick-ass game, you can create your own buildings, spacecrafts, tanks everything down to almost every detail. no wonder it took 15 years to make. dont think it will beat the sims' sales tho, dont think anything will. (awaiting virtual reality)"
I can't wait."
to play spore or for virtual reality? lol

both i would guess
#11 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, okay, I just bought Spore for my Mac but whenever I try to open to installer I get a message saying that it isn't supported by my architecture. I wasn't aware computers had architecture, does it mean that I'm supposed to have a desktop and not a laptop? I realize this is not exactly the best place to ask this question but I can't figure out how to get technical  support apart from calling them which I will do if I don't get an answer here. This seems more like a general computer knowledge question anyways, not a Spore-specific question.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, it's mediorce.

#13 Posted by inferiorego (20587 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"I heard it wasn't that great. Are the reviews wrong?"
The reviews are down on the game because it doesn't have any story. However, they should have known going in, that it was never supposed to. If you liked Simcity, SimLife, or any of the other Wright games, minus the Sims, you'll fully enjoy this game.

To anyone else that owns it, want my creatures? Add inferiorego to your list.
Staff
#14 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

My mate has been telling me about this since last year.

This game is amazing.

#15 Posted by khathala messa (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it havent played it yet tough i need to get a new pc first

#16 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Um, okay, I just bought Spore for my Mac but whenever I try to open to installer I get a message saying that it isn't supported by my architecture. I wasn't aware computers had architecture, does it mean that I'm supposed to have a desktop and not a laptop? I realize this is not exactly the best place to ask this question but I can't figure out how to get technical  support apart from calling them which I will do if I don't get an answer here. This seems more like a general computer knowledge question anyways, not a Spore-specific question."
Um, can someone at least say "I don't know" so I can move on?
#17 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

You all suck.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

my GF is addicted to the game...

i've played it once or twice but it didn't seem all the special to me...

M

#19 Edited by khathala messa (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Super-Buster said:
"Um, okay, I just bought Spore for my Mac but whenever I try to open to installer I get a message saying that it isn't supported by my architecture. I wasn't aware computers had architecture, does it mean that I'm supposed to have a desktop and not a laptop? I realize this is not exactly the best place to ask this question but I can't figure out how to get technical  support apart from calling them which I will do if I don't get an answer here. This seems more like a general computer knowledge question anyways, not a Spore-specific question."
Um, can someone at least say "I don't know" so I can move on?"
Sorry my own com takes me to the end of the page every time i enter a page lucky im at my GF`s place. :D
(as if it helps the problem) :P

It isn't really simple but i think its the size of you hardrive that is the problem.
If you start to put big complex games on a laptop your gonna hit a problem area sooner or later.

My other guess is to check your laptop`s stats (RAM, pixelations, megahertz, W-vista, W-xp, ENZ.)
Then compare them to the stats on the game package or on the official site.

There is bound to be something wrong with your screen if you have a old laptop like something out of 2004-2005
It might be outdated in comparison with the minimum requirements of the game.
I know this because the computer i currently have said the same thing :-P

I hope this helped otherwise try to contact another expert on the matter.
whao i took long time writing/editing this my girl is home 0_o
so bye ^_^
#20 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
khathala messa said:
Sorry my own com takes me to the end of the page every time i enter a page lucky im at my GF`s place. :D
(as if it helps the problem) :P

It isn't really simple but i think its the size of you hardrive that is the problem.
If you start to put big complex games on a laptop your gonna hit a problem area sooner or later.

My other guess is to check your laptop`s stats (RAM, pixelations, megahertz, W-vista, W-xp, ENZ.)
Then compare them to the stats on the game package or on the official site.

There is bound to be something wrong with your screen if you have a old laptop like something out of 2004-2005
It might be outdated in comparison with the minimum requirements of the game.
I know this because the computer i currently have said the same thing :-P

I hope this helped otherwise try to contact another expert on the matter.
whao i took long time writing/editing this my girl is home 0_o
so bye ^_^"
Thanks man. I do indeed have a laptop from 2005 I believe. Do you have any idea what I can do about it? What did you do?
#21 Edited by khathala messa (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"khathala messa said:
Sorry my own com takes me to the end of the page every time i enter a page lucky im at my GF`s place. :D
(as if it helps the problem) :P

It isn't really simple but i think its the size of you hardrive that is the problem.
If you start to put big complex games on a laptop your gonna hit a problem area sooner or later.

My other guess is to check your laptop`s stats (RAM, pixelations, megahertz, W-vista, W-xp, ENZ.)
Then compare them to the stats on the game package or on the official site.

There is bound to be something wrong with your screen if you have a old laptop like something out of 2004-2005
It might be outdated in comparison with the minimum requirements of the game.
I know this because the computer i currently have said the same thing :-P

I hope this helped otherwise try to contact another expert on the matter.
whao i took long time writing/editing this my girl is home 0_o
so bye ^_^"
Thanks man. I do indeed have a laptop from 2005 I believe. Do you have any idea what I can do about it? What did you do?"
im gonna buy a new one 0_o
#22 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

:( Figures.

#23 Posted by khathala messa (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be alot easier if you had a Desktop then you`d only have to buy a new screen or a external hard disk. :(

#24 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I've been thinking of getting a new computer anyways, maybe this is a sign that it's finally time to get it. I don't feel comfortable buying a new CPU just to play a game though.

#25 Posted by cly (15449 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Yea, I've been thinking of getting a new computer anyways, maybe this is a sign that it's finally time to get it. I don't feel comfortable buying a new CPU just to play a game though."
I hear you. Gaming computers cost a lot.
#26 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Yea, I've been thinking of getting a new computer anyways, maybe this is a sign that it's finally time to get it. I don't feel comfortable buying a new CPU just to play a game though."
cool
but dont sell you old computer 
a friend of mine sold his old one after he bought a new one.
turns out he still needed it for school because he bought a desktop and he couldnt take it with him.
<--------- Messa