So...whats wrong with stars today?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Perhaps I missed something, but it seems that a lot of actors/actresses/singers whatever seem to do drugs, go crazy, get into trouble and all that. Is there some curse or something, that falls upon famous people? I dunno....it just seems a little odd, I know that they would have a ton of money to get out of whatever trouble they get into but even so...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

When it comes to craziness

Scientology >>>>>>>>>>>drugs or debaucherous behavior

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I really don't know. A whole bunch of celebrities die from drugs.... it's really odd.

The world may never know.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

@cattlebattle said:

When it comes to craziness
Religion >>>>>>>>>>>drugs or debaucherous behavior

Fixed.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@cattlebattle said:

When it comes to craziness Scientology >>>>>>>>>>>drugs or debaucherous behavior

Scientology is the most messed up thing I have ever heard of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cocaine.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

Well, having lots of money doesn't necessarily make someone happy. In fact, I think statistics show most happy people are in the middle class. Then, as you said, maybe having all that money makes them feel that they can get away with virtually anything, so they have fewer qualms about doing crazy things. As for why they go on drugs, I think one of my old English teachers gave an explanation for that. He said that rockstars' lives are so exiting when they're on tour and playing at concerts that their lives outside of these things is boring, so they go on drugs. Maybe outside of acting or singing, some of these stars' lives are very boring in comparison so they just start doing drugs to try to compensate for it or something.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer
@MrDirector786:  Hm...a plausible explanation, but its not like they couldn't try to find something outside of their work to have fun with that doesn't involve them getting messed up or whatever. 
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

I don't feel stars get into enough trouble. When was the last time you saw Colin Farrell curbstomp a prostitute over payment issues or walk into an alley to see a smooth-talking Jaleel White covered in blood, holding a wet paper bag? The burden of making appearances in a bigger-than medium is retaining that sense of normality, which is otherwise swept under the rug in every-man society. I forget my point.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RoboShark

People just do that period. I know a lot of Lindsay Lohan's

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MenaceForever2

They do it to get attention usually.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrimsonCake

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I really don't know. A whole bunch of celebrities die from drugs.... it's really odd.

The world may never know.

It's a weird pattern right?

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By jobiwankenobi

This has been going on with stars for years.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@jobiwankenobi said:

This has been going on with stars for years.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By SC  Moderator

Lots of people in general do drugs, go crazy, get into trouble and all that. Its just that most people aren't under the spotlight of the media. So the curse is lots of people give them way more attention than they probably deserve. Money and fame doesn't make a person smarter or wiser and plenty of regular people are just as messed up.   

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By armylife1124

I would dare to say the number of stars with drug problems is proportional to everyone else in this country. The difference is they get headlines when they die/get a DUI/get arrested/etc.....

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Well actors and actresses getting crazy and doing drugs well.

Life- It's part of the time being were in now.

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By stambo42

Industry standards. These are jobs that, when you're starting, has probably the least regular hours you could ever expect, with a constant demand of professionalism and flexibility. A lot of entertainers get into hard drugs just to keep running at the pace demanded of them. You've also got an industry of volatile people, often the people behind the scenes are more unstable than the stars themselves. Unless you make it really big really quickly, you can't afford to be unstable as an aspiring star. This is not the case for those in power behind the scenes, and they set the standards of working conditions.

Of course, it's one of the few industries where there is the money to bankroll this lifestyle, even if half these stars are in inescapable debt to their masters.

Another thing is that it is an accepted and expected narrative, the downward spiral. Money gets made off of it in the media. Some stars are worth more dying or dead, so it gets encouraged.

Finally, there is a selection bias. We remember the crazies. We remember things that stand out, so the number of these seems disproportionate. When's the last time you heard about Mike Patton's drug problems? He's probably more creative and talented than most of the celebrities one thinks of regarding downward spirals.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheDude123

The same thing that's wrong with everyone else. Watch and read the news. non-celebrities are going bonkers and mass-killing people and there are a lot of "normal" people on drugs.

The world is full of crazy people both celebrity and non-celebrity in the same ratios.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Aiden Cross

@SC said:

Lots of people in general do drugs, go crazy, get into trouble and all that. Its just that most people aren't under the spotlight of the media. So the curse is lots of people give them way more attention than they probably deserve. Money and fame doesn't make a person smarter or wiser and plenty of regular people are just as messed up.

Pretty much this. It's the same as the same media focussing on... streakers (for example). If they see one doing it and he/she gets in the media, then the next time a streaker takes his clothes off it's national news. And it gets blown out of proportion from all the media attention. And the same with celebrities, and if one gets boring (rehab) they just go to the next.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Raiiyn

@SC said:

QFT

Seriously.. famous people get way too much attention.