it's easier to understand the character backgrounds

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Tekken and Soul Calibur are equal to me.MK is garbage and has been since after MK Trilogy.

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Iron Maiden

Soul Calibur is the Sh!t, but so is Tekken. I don't know.

Agent_Lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agent_Lost

I much that i like SoulCaliber, i go with Tekken. As for Mortal Kombat it died after 3

Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Swagga Boy

SC 4 is ok but the Online system is terrible the server is very laggy and skill isnt shown. also with the lack of modes in this game its not really worth buying (even tho I did) I mean why take out conquest mode and Team battle mode??!!! The CaC could have been alittle better also.

as Vance said MK has fell off since  MK Trilogy

Tekken is the best game out of the 3.

Ultimate Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ultimate Ronin

ahh screw it i go with MK its much easier to play lol. well for me it is anyways

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
I am loving Soul Caliber 4
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ultimate Ronin said:
"ahh screw it i go with MK its much easier to play lol. well for me it is anyways"
You must be a robot.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Have'nt played any of those three.

Been thinking about renting MK Armageddon though

nathandan1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nathandan1222

mortal kombat

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Have'nt played any of those three.

Been thinking about renting MK Armageddon though"
Have fun snickers
Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13  Edited By Jaadu

It's hard...... I LOVE TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT, SOUL CALIBUR 4, and MORTAL KOMBAT DECEPTION....... hmmmm but tekken gameplay-wise is the best, but like mortal kombat and soul calibur are like a different fun...

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Sparda

Swagga Boy said:

"

SC 4 is ok but the Online system is terrible the server is very laggy and skill isnt shown. also with the lack of modes in this game its not really worth buying (even tho I did) I mean why take out conquest mode and Team battle mode??!!! The CaC could have been alittle better also.

as Vance said MK has fell off since  MK Trilogy

Tekken is the best game out of the 3.

"

Of the 200+ rounds I played with my time with Soul Calibur 4's online mode, I think maybe 3 of them were actually laggy. The rest of them were pristene.

Conquest mode....? Are you talking about that Cronicles of the Sword mode from SC3? That mode was horrible, in my opinion. (it was just a very boring strategy mode with pointless RPG elements thrown in). Weapon Master was better, but even that wasn't that good. Create-A-Character was pretty fun, though how they limited your styles was lame.....

MK (IMO) blows, and has for a while.

Tekken is fun, but not up to par with Soul Calibur......you move as slow as molasses sometimes (IE: Tekken 5).

Best of the game series is Soul Calibur, handily.

Agent_Lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Agent_Lost

hmm let see, Tekken has the gameplay, SouCaliber is a buttom Smasher but a fun one, MK got some crazy combo that doesn't make sense. well let see how MKvsDC work out, heck i alreadly like the Joker Fatality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

Have fun snickers"
?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

Have fun snickers"
?"
The game sucks....
Ultimate Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ultimate Ronin

i just prefer fight night over all three of them

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda
Agent_Lost said:
"hmm let see, Tekken has the gameplay, SouCaliber is a bottom Smasher but a fun one, MK got some crazy combo that doesn't make sense. well let see how MKvsDC work out, heck i alreadly like the Joker Fatality."

What's a "bottom smasher"?

Sounds like a XXX movie.....
Agent_Lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Agent_Lost
Sparda said:
"Agent_Lost said:
"hmm let see, Tekken has the gameplay, SouCaliber is a bottom Smasher but a fun one, MK got some crazy combo that doesn't make sense. well let see how MKvsDC work out, heck i alreadly like the Joker Fatality."

Sounds like a XXX movie....."
k thx, i fix that, button smasher. I know there some deep strategy in SoulCaliber but i can't find it.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sparda
Agent_Lost said:
"Sparda said:
"Agent_Lost said:

k thx, i fix that, button smasher. I know there some deep strategy in SoulCaliber but i can't find it."

I'm just messing with you, lol.

There is deep strategy to be found in Soul Calibur, but unfortunately it can be broken far too quickly by button mashers, or worse, button mashers who abuse the Critical Finish.
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL

Mortal Kombat. It has the greatest story-line of any fighting series, and in how many games can you play as: monsters, spirits, demons, sorcerers, zombies, cyborgs, dragons, and gods? Or hell, aside from Street fighter, you can only use special moves in Mortal Kombat.

The only thing lacking is the gameplay, it's pretty old-school compared to games like Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Agent_Lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Agent_Lost
Sparda said:
"Agent_Lost said:
"Sparda said:
"Agent_Lost said:

k thx, i fix that, button smasher. I know there some deep strategy in SoulCaliber but i can't find it."

I'm just messing with you, lol.

There is deep strategy to be found in Soul Calibur, but unfortunately it can be broken far too quickly by button mashers, or worse, button mashers who abuse the Critical Finish."
or on the SC4 just use Yoda
ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By ImbecilicSage

SC IV's gameplay is horrendous, but before that game Soul Calibur was probably the coolest franchise of all of these with regards to both gameplay and storyline. SC's storyline blows every other fighting franchise's that I've played out of the water, and thusly it's definitely got the edge there. With SC IV's release I would have to give superior gameplay back to Tekken, despite the gameplay being ridiculously pedantic, impractical, and not a bit realistic whatsoever. MK is absolute garbage, and I feel it's been that way since its inception; I won't cite a title that had it go downhill. It's all rooted in shock value; there's no fluid gameplay, and the storlyine, despite seeming esoteric at a first glance is actually quite unoriginal when deep thought is put into it. There's my take on everything. I don't really understand why MK is here at all though, (my dislike of it notwithstanding) as it doesn't even share the same developer as the former games. With it being here, it would imply that the other major fighting franchises should be up here too (DoA, VF, SF). I think that's logical anyway, anyone else?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sparda
ImbecilicSage said:
"SC IV's gameplay is horrendous, but before that game Soul Calibur was probably the coolest franchise of all of these with regards to both gameplay and storyline. SC's storyline blows every other fighting franchise's that I've played out of the water, and thusly it's definitely got the edge there. With SC IV's release I would have to give superior gameplay back to Tekken, despite the gameplay being ridiculously pedantic, impractical, and not a bit realistic whatsoever. MK is absolute garbage, and I feel it's been that way since its inception; I won't cite a title that had it go downhill. It's all rooted in shock value; there's no fluid gameplay, and the storlyine, despite seeming esoteric at a first glance is actually quite unoriginal when deep thought is put into it. There's my take on everything. I don't really understand why MK is here at all though, (my dislike of it notwithstanding) as it doesn't even share the same developer as the former games. With it being here, it would imply that the other major fighting franchises should be up here too (DoA, VF, SF). I think that's logical anyway, anyone else?"

I would say that Virtua Fighter should be here instead of MK, but since MK is having a new game come out soon the creator might've thought it fit better.

Question though, why do you think SC IV's gameplay is horrendous? Other than the cheap Star Wars characters, it's pretty much just SC 3, or even to an extent, 2's gameplay with a new shine to it (other than Critical Finishes, which can be decided not to use between two consenting players......if you're not online).
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
King Saturn said:
"I am loving Soul Caliber 4
"

Ditto. And, I like both Tekken and Soul Caliber equally.
The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Batman!

Soul Caliber 4 rules

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
Sparda said:
"I would say that Virtua Fighter should be here instead of MK.
I agree. It's the only fighting game that's close to being realistic. And, I still play Virtua Fighter 5. Brad Burns, Jacky Bryant, and Kage-Maru own.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Sparda said:
"I would say that Virtua Fighter should be here instead of MK.
I agree. It's the only fighting game that's close to being realistic. And, I still play Virtua Fighter 5. Brad Burns, Jacky Bryant, and Kage-Maru own."
I agree to an extent...The way they jump is still pretty goofy and the game mechanics are a little choppy at times.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"I agree to an extent...The way they jump is still pretty goofy and the game mechanics are a little choppy at times."

Don't care too much for the jumping. Don't do it in the game that much anyway.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I agree to an extent...The way they jump is still pretty goofy and the game mechanics are a little choppy at times."

Don't care too much for the jumping. Don't do it in the game that much anyway."
Well me neither but it would be nice that if I accidently push up...I don't go flying.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Well me neither but it would be nice that if I accidently push up...I don't go flying."

If you push up, you sidestep. LOL. The only problem I have with the game is that there should have been VS. team battle or something, or more game modes in Online play. Also, I wait until early in the morning to play online, just so I could play against Asian gamers. They actually make the game fun to play, since a lot of people don't have any real skills.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
Static Shock said:
"King Saturn said:
"I am loving Soul Caliber 4
"

Ditto. And, I like both Tekken and Soul Caliber equally."
Yes Sir
Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Lady Nightmare

Mortal Kombat Cuz of Scropion
oh and the movie's backround music when they start to fight
heard there trying to re make the movie
idk
i like SC and Tek. Too

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Well me neither but it would be nice that if I accidently push up...I don't go flying."

If you push up, you sidestep. LOL. The only problem I have with the game is that there should have been VS. team battle or something, or more game modes in Online play. Also, I wait until early in the morning to play online, just so I could play against Asian gamers. They actually make the game fun to play, since a lot of people don't have any real skills."
In all games where up makes you sidestep it's also the jump button..Bloody Roar,Tekken,DOA..it's all the same.I have lost battles online for accidently jumping right into an attack on DOA.
Red Spartan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Red Spartan2

i love the depth of soul calibur and virtua fighter in terms of countering an movement, but tekken does it for me cuz of the amount of moves there r 2 learn and the fact that even noobs can pick it up n play it pretty quickly. i like mortal kombat cuz there always tryin 2 change and sumtimes have 2 innovative ideas, but theres a serious lack of of variety in the moves (each character had similer special moves n u used the same button cominations 2 do them)

feel free 2 add me on PS3 peeps craig_burgundy

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEADPOOL
Lady Nightmare said:
"Mortal Kombat Cuz of Scropion
oh and the movie's backround music when they start to fight
heard there trying to re make the movie
idk
i like SC and Tek. Too"
Actually I heard they're trying to make a sequel to the first movie, pretending Annihilation never happened (which is a good thing because Annihilation was absolutely horrible).
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"In all games where up makes you sidestep it's also the jump button..Bloody Roar,Tekken,DOA..it's all the same.I have lost battles online for accidently jumping right into an attack on DOA."
That's because in order to jump in those fighting games, it requires you to press and attack or guard button simultaneously with pressing up. If you jump when you weren't trying to, then you did just that.
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cpt_linger

tekken, own/clocked all

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers