#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys ready or what?

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/sony-unveil-playstation-4-month-180041980.html

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (15630 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm excited. : )

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, nice!

#4 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

its cool and all but i heard the games are gonna be all digital meaning no more used games wich is very very stupid

#5 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447 said:

its cool and all but i heard the games are gonna be all digital meaning no more used games wich is very very stupid

Wait, what? Video game purchases going entirely digital isn't going to happen unless a majority of players get a decent internet connection, and that's not going to happen within this decade.

#6 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSheepHerder said:

@KINGJAMES447 said:

its cool and all but i heard the games are gonna be all digital meaning no more used games wich is very very stupid

Wait, what? Video game purchases going entirely digital isn't going to happen unless a majority of players get a decent internet connection, and that's not going to happen within this decade.

thats what i heard if it goes through i would pay no mind to the ps4

#7 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447 said:

@TheSheepHerder said:

@KINGJAMES447 said:

its cool and all but i heard the games are gonna be all digital meaning no more used games wich is very very stupid

Wait, what? Video game purchases going entirely digital isn't going to happen unless a majority of players get a decent internet connection, and that's not going to happen within this decade.

thats what i heard if it goes through i would pay no mind to the ps4

It's more than likely that that's just a rumor. It would be absurd if the Orbis and 720 sold games solely through PSN and XBLA. Sony and Microsoft would lose a ton of money over that.

#8 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSheepHerder said:

@KINGJAMES447 said:

@TheSheepHerder said:

@KINGJAMES447 said:

its cool and all but i heard the games are gonna be all digital meaning no more used games wich is very very stupid

Wait, what? Video game purchases going entirely digital isn't going to happen unless a majority of players get a decent internet connection, and that's not going to happen within this decade.

thats what i heard if it goes through i would pay no mind to the ps4

It's more than likely that that's just a rumor. It would be absurd if the Orbis and 720 sold games solely through PSN and XBLA. Sony and Microsoft would lose a ton of money over that.

judge for yourself

#9 Edited by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: EA wants to release all of their games from now not just through retail stores but through Origin so I guess that's a good thing? No major publisher is going to distribute their games solely as a digital release in the near future.

And also after a bit of digging I also found this, so that rules out the Orbis and 720 distributing games solely on PSN and XBLA.

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Smart move, give people a lot more time to save up for their money for whatever ridiculous price the launch PS4 will be.

#11 Posted by Samimista (20686 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by JediXMan (30374 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I hope they make some good changes, like better online support (and the ability to shut off updates if you're only going to play single player; seriously, I miss the PS2 days when I could actually play a game I just bought).

Moderator
#13 Posted by Samimista (20686 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Interesting. I hope they make some good changes, like better online support (and the ability to shut off updates if you're only going to play single player; seriously, I miss the PS2 days when I could actually play a game I just bought).

How true is this. It's crazy with the PS3 updates. 0.0 Cannot wait for next gen though.

#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure this will be way too expensive for me to purchase. :|

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Feb 20th

#16 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Playstation < Nintendo 64

Playstation 2 < Gamecube, but only slightly... Decent match

Playstation 3 <<<<<< Wii (PSN's problems alone ruined many people's interest in Playstation 3's haha)

Let's see... I'm seeing a trend here...

NINTENDO FTW

#17 Posted by DCsuperman0007 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: i hereby declare JediXMan the smartest man of the face of the earth.

#18 Posted by _Zombie_ (10414 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: None of that has been confirmed.

@minigunman123 said:

Playstation < Nintendo 64

Playstation 2 < Gamecube, but only slightly... Decent match

Playstation 3 <<<<<< Wii (PSN's problems alone ruined many people's interest in Playstation 3's haha)

Let's see... I'm seeing a trend here...

NINTENDO FTW

The wii sucked. Badly.

#19 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Playstation < Nintendo 64

Playstation 2 < Gamecube, but only slightly... Decent match

Playstation 3 <<<<<< Wii (PSN's problems alone ruined many people's interest in Playstation 3's haha)

Let's see... I'm seeing a trend here...

NINTENDO FTW

not trying to start a fanboy war, but the original playstation had much better graphics and quality than the N64

Gamecube has nothing on the playstation 2 it has better graphics, Network capabilities, and more games

Wii doesnt even have a lively online community, but the ps3's community is still alive and kicking.

SONY FTW

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been waiting forever for this!!!!

PS4 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. I get a sneak peak at our competition.

#22 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I'm sure this will be way too expensive for me to purchase. :|

Yup. By the time I can finally afford to buy it, it will be outdated... just like the PS3, which I purchased just over a year ago now.

#23 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Interesting. I hope they make some good changes, like better online support (and the ability to shut off updates if you're only going to play single player; seriously, I miss the PS2 days when I could actually play a game I just bought).

I could not possibly agree more. PS3 updates are ridiculous

#24 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

ill wait till its like $2-250 , im content with my ps3 , and as that dies , bargain hunting on games!

#25 Posted by TheCannon (18339 posts) - - Show Bio

X Box >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation.

Online
#26 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly the controllers buttons are all going to be touch activated which sucks.

@TheCannon said:

X Box >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PlayStation.

IGN is that way.

#27 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh if it costs as much as the last one did when it came out. I will just get a gaming PC

#28 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOO!

Can't waite.

I wonder what the new Nintendo will be.

#29 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Only downside is that the PS3 is going to be obsolete...I'm not sure if it has PS2's longevity.

#30 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3986 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope it's too soon I'm not buying it

#31 Posted by JohnnyGat (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to new consoles never buy day 1. People who bought the PS3 day 1 had barely any games and a waste of a lot of money especially that early in the consoles life cycle. People who bought the 360 day 1 ended being hardware beta testers who had to experience the discomfort of RRoD.

Buy late for three distinct advantages.

1. By then the price would have dropped making it more affordable

2. The library for that system would most likely have a better selection

3. Any problems that a system may have or annoyances (RRoD, YLoD, etc) would have most likely been fixed at best and improved at worst.