Sony says "congratz" regarding Xbox in E3 2015.

• 90 results
Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems microsft won. Well, booth shows were amazing:

No Caption Provided

Official twitter for discussion: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/610510917059522560

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo won, plebs.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course xbox won

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted and Hitman tho

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Ha were they being sarcastic? Sony smashed that show.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People got more hyped on the FF7 Remake

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony still won. FF7 and Shenmue 3 gave me heart attacks.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didnt watch :/

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaied

@jonny_anonymous: Nah. MS and Sony do that all the time. Back when the PS4 and X1 were getting released in 2013, they both congratulated each other on their launches. There are several other instances as well.

I agree with Sony having the better conference, though.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a Sony guy myself but I am giving Xbox the win for E3 just for introducing backwards compatibility to the XB1, this is something both PS4 and XB1 should have launched with.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm with xbox as well. Sony did great too but for me the xbox conference just had a little more "oomph" to it. Not to mention that they saved almost all of their triple A games for gamescom, which, whilst not a part of E3, just gets me more excited.

And that backwards compatibility part had me going crazy.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

I am a Sony guy myself but I am giving Xbox the win for E3 just for introducing backwards compatibility to the XB1, this is something both PS4 and XB1 should have launched with.

I agree that it should have had it in the 1st place in my opinion this means so little, E3 is for big announcements, not an update that at best makes things more convenient

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

I agree that it should have had it in the 1st place in my opinion this means so little, E3 is for big announcements, not an update that at best makes things more convenient

As far as announcements go I have no idea what Sony even announced lol it was storming here so I missed it unfortunately.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO @ FF7 or shenmue saving sonys show... I really can't believe people have fun playing those games or any weird Japanese game

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backwards compatibility( I have a PC so I don't care all that much but it's important) and Hololens won the show for me as far as Xbox and PS are concerned.

Sony showed a bunch of multiplats(I'll enjoy on PC including FF7 that people are losing there sh!t over), games we already knew were releasing, and the 3rd party support people always b!tch about for Xbox, indie titles,COD( I laughed seeing that sh!t at a Sony conference, with all the sh!t Xbox received for the deal, Sony had better receive the same)Horizon and The Last Guardian a game that should have released on PS3.

Microsoft showed a bunch of multiplats(I'll enjoy on PC), games we already knew were releasing this year, 3rd party support, indie titles, Hololens demo9 it was like some magic sh!t), Backwards compatibility(both console should have had at release but whatever), Fallout 4 mods, Gears 4 was like whatever it gave me a RE vibe and Rare 30 games for $30 and Sea of Thieves.

I don't think either were as impressive as Bethesda and Ubisofts E3 ( Ubisoft always has a good E3 it's just hard to tell if the games will actually be good).

Overall E3 was fantastic this year.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony was the clear winner and will continue to be number one in the new generation.

But Nintendo has the best game coming out, Super Mario Maker. This will be game of the year! Comicvine has alot of creative types, we could all share the levels we create with each other. I can't wait.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda won.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I'm just over here hyped for Dishonored 2 and KH3. I guess MS had the better show. Didn't watch, so can't say for sure.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MakkyD

That's because Sony relied too much on showing multiplats imo.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Glad to know Sony and Microsoft see each other as friendly rivals, the fanbases? Errrr.... Not so much.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I hate the "sony won", "nintendo won", "microsoft won" crap. In my opinion, gamers won. Ghost Recon, Deus Ex, Battlefront, Fallout 4, Catalyst, Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider, The Division, Rainbow Six Seige and For Honor... This is easily the best E3 we've had in years.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@blade_r said:

I don't think a company should be given praise for finally coming around to provide something they already built into their systems but held out providing to buyers for a year and a half.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@impervious said:

Glad to know Sony and Microsoft see each other as friendly rivals, the fanbases? Errrr.... Not so much.

@sog7dc said:

I hate the "sony won", "nintendo won", "microsoft won" crap. In my opinion, gamers won. Ghost Recon, Deus Ex, Battlefront, Fallout 4, Catalyst, Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider, The Division, Rainbow Six Seige and For Honor... This is easily the best E3 we've had in years.

Pretty much nailed it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: I doubt it was already built into their system, otherwise why would they not provide a service that they spent time installing?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blade_r said:

^This, plus the Mods update

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@makhai: I doubt it was already built into their system, otherwise why would they not provide a service that they spent time installing?

You mean a patch? That's software. The ability to play Xbox 360 games was already there, the patch is just going to allow some 360 games to run on the system now. As developers and publishers agree to have their games run on the One, they will be added to the list of games that you can play. This is not praiseworthy at all. My point still stands. They could have launched with this no problem. Everything that was needed was already there. Just needed to lift the lock is all.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: they probably could have launched with it but they did have to make an "xbox 360" in software and then put it in the xbone and some complicated stuff. regardless im just glad i can play all my 360 games on it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MakkyD
@makhai said:
@maccyd said:

You mean a patch? That's software. The ability to play Xbox 360 games was already there, the patch is just going to allow some 360 games to run on the system now. As developers and publishers agree to have their games run on the One, they will be added to the list of games that you can play. This is not praiseworthy at all. My point still stands. They could have launched with this no problem. Everything that was needed was already there. Just needed to lift the lock is all.

They needed to work on making the hundreds of titles compatible over time while adding Xbox 1 features to the 360 titles. The Xbox One uses completely different architecture than the 360 and work had to be put in to make those list of titles compatible, it's not just a simple unlock and hey presto, 360 games for everyone or they'd have included the feature originally.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wait, FF7 remake?

Sony just interested me.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:
@makhai said:
@maccyd said:

They needed to work on making the hundreds of titles compatible over time while adding Xbox 1 features to the 360 titles. The Xbox One uses completely different architecture than the 360 and work had to be put in to make those list of titles compatible, it's not just a simple unlock and hey presto, 360 games for everyone or they'd have included the feature originally.

Lol no they don't. They need a simple wraparound code and that's it. Christ, Mac and Linux nuts have been doing it for years for otherwise incompatible games. You are seriously jock-riding if you think they have to do anything with each individual title. They don't at all. It's a little bit of code that allows run codes for one system to play on another.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MakkyD

@makhai: mac and linux are both Computer OSes, last gen consoles used a separate architecture from PCs/current gen consoles. That's why devs would sometimes have trouble with porting to certain consoles due to this. PC emulators struggle to play Xbox 360 games atm since the problem is not just a simple OS switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not much debate to be had, Sony dominated E3. Batman, Hitman, Uncharted etc.

And its just like DC and Marvel. They have no animosity or hatred for each other as companies, but the fans go hard with that stuff

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

There's not much debate to be had, Sony dominated E3. Batman, Hitman, Uncharted etc.

The majority of which were just multiplat deals tbh.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

And its just like DC and Marvel. They have no animosity or hatred for each other as companies, but the fans go hard with that stuff

I'm being patient with Hitman. I don't want another Absolution but this new one sort of looks like "Blood Money 2". I can't even explain how happy I'd be if they made a game like blood money with the advantage of modern technology.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'm a huge Hitman fan and I've been following their forum ever since the trailer was released. The game designers actually read the comments and respond back and from what I've seen its looking more and more like Blood Money and less like Absolution. I still need to see some actual gameplay but its looking good so far. Its enough to get me excited though.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@blade_r said:

I don't think a company should be given praise for finally coming around to provide something they already built into their systems but held out providing to buyers for a year and a half.

I understand that but as a consumer (and Sony guy myself) I can appreciate that because the fact of the matter is XB people will now be able to play all their last gen games on their current console, I cannot. Whether they held out or not is irrelevant to me, they are still allowing/adding/releasing a feature I would like to have on my console, but I am not buying an XB1 since it only has one game I am interested in I cant already get on my PS4 (Killer Instinct)

Idk I get it, that's shady if they really held out on that feature, but hey, at least they are getting it.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the days I got excited about video games, now im just sitting around like an old fart playing them out of habit.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@sog7dc: I'm a huge Hitman fan and I've been following their forum ever since the trailer was released. The game designers actually read the comments and respond back and from what I've seen its looking more and more like Blood Money and less like Absolution. I still need to see some actual gameplay but its looking good so far. Its enough to get me excited though.

My thoughts exactly. This could be the perfect Hitman game if they do two things: make a veritable "blood money 2" wherein they take the basic design (large sandboxes with multiple oppurtunities for assassinations and easter eggs, weapons customization/hideout, the sniper briefcase, disguises that actually work etc.) and if they actually are making it episodic--I've heard that they're constantly going to make new levels and assassinations and put them on xbox live/psn/steam so you'll always have new content. That would be a dream come true for me.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MakkyD

@bruxae said:

I miss the days I got excited about video games, now im just sitting around like an old fart playing them out of habit.

Try indies or more niche genres. Good for those times when the mainstream stuff makes you feel like everything is "same old, same old".

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:
@bruxae said:

Try indies or more niche genres. Good for those times when the mainstream stuff makes you feel like everything is "same old, same old".

Oh I do, been really into kickstarter games lately and I definetely have fun. I just don't get super hyped at trailers and stuff anymore, been a gamer my whole life so maybe I just overdid it.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wallet & bank account lost.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda won in reality. As for who was better, Microsofts was far better. People loosing their sh!t over Sony is silly to me. They revealed a port(not even a HD remake), a kickstarter by two major publishers that have no right to be using the service, a game that they revealed years ago then just stopped putting out news for and that they got a deal with cod. That's incredibly weak and them just pulling on nostalgia strings for the most part(you could say Microsoft did this too with rare and gow, but both have far more substance and where but small parts in the whole). They nothing to note for first party besides more uncharted 4 and neglected the vita for the most part.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By makhai

@maccyd said:

@makhai: mac and linux are both Computer OSes, last gen consoles used a separate architecture from PCs/current gen consoles. That's why devs would sometimes have trouble with porting to certain consoles due to this. PC emulators struggle to play Xbox 360 games atm since the problem is not just a simple OS switch.

You know what else uses separate architecture? Macs, Windows, and Linux lol.

I never said an OS switch was the fix. I said a wraparound code is all that is needed and that is absolutely true. Besides, you really think that Microsoft really required almost two years to solve software compatibility issues between two systems that they made? Do you think the company is run by a room of squabbling monkeys?

@blade_r said:
@makhai said:
@blade_r said:

I understand that but as a consumer (and Sony guy myself) I can appreciate that because the fact of the matter is XB people will now be able to play all their last gen games on their current console, I cannot. Whether they held out or not is irrelevant to me, they are still allowing/adding/releasing a feature I would like to have on my console, but I am not buying an XB1 since it only has one game I am interested in I cant already get on my PS4 (Killer Instinct)

Idk I get it, that's shady if they really held out on that feature, but hey, at least they are getting it.

I suppose I can understand why fans would appreciate it. But XB fans are acting like Microsoft sank millions of dollars and thousands of hours into making what is basically a compatibility app. It's fanboyism. I bet I could light a powder keg just by suggesting that PS4 is the superior system in this thread right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft deserves it, and they surprised me this year. They're totally a different company from two years ago or when the xbone was first revealed. Backwards compatibility alone gave them the upper hand. HoloLens, Gears 4 and all those indie exclusives just solidified it. But I agree we the gamers are the real winners.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Idk which one is better, I have never played a One and don't plan on getting one since my experience with the 360 wasn't a good one while I have never had problems with any of Sony's console, but I do wish Sony would let us have that feature too lol

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Pyrogram

@makhai said:

@maccyd said:
@makhai said:
@maccyd said:

Lol no they don't. They need a simple wraparound code and that's it. Christ, Mac and Linux nuts have been doing it for years for otherwise incompatible games. You are seriously jock-riding if you think they have to do anything with each individual title. They don't at all. It's a little bit of code that allows run codes for one system to play on another.

That's not true, they need to make games compatible by game. It's why the PS3 was only able to play a few PS2 games, and such. It's done game-by-game, not with one bit of code, and doing it game-by-game takes time.

Also, I'm a PC gamer, don't play Xbox nor PS4.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By w0nd

of course they did, the only people truly involved in the console wars are the consumers, who get no profit what so ever.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

of course they did, the only people truly involved in the console wars are the consumers, who get no profit what so ever.

Every one wants an identity and some base their identity off of what they choose to game with.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Xbox had one of their best conferences in years, but Sony still won. Nintendo had a really poor outing this year.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#50 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@sog7dc said:

My wallet & bank account lost.

I agree so hard with both of these statements.