Song I Can't Stand

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By SpinnerComix

I probably won't do another one of these (thanks for the idea @rocketraccoonthingy), but I had to talk about how much I hate this song.

Post To Be. The name just hurts my brain. The title makes me thing of a guy who has a destiny to be a mailman. Anyways, Post To Be is made by some random guy who no one cares about and features the Lady Smacker himself, Chris Brown, and some random chick who no one cares about. I've only heard of Chris Brown out of these 3 and I couldn't care less about the other 2.

There are 2 reasons (well 2 and a half, but I'll get into that later) why this song is on here.

1. The point of this song

The point of this song is just stupid. It's about a guy who goes clubbing and ends up banging a chick who happens to be someone else's girl (and vice versa..... sadly). Like, how is this some kind of life story or experience? Are you telling me that all 3 of these idiots sat down and said "Yeah this is a good song that will tell a story." I really hope not.

2. The Rhymes/Lyrics

I'm just gonna give you the first hook of this song:

If your chick come close to me

She ain't going home where she post to be

I'm getting money like I'm post to be

I'm getting money like I'm post to be

Ooh, all my n***** close to me

And all them other n***** where they post to be

Ooh, the h*** go for me

Have your chick send a pic like pose for me

That's how it post to be

That's how it post to be

That's how it post to be

Everything good like it post to be

Know what's wrong with this? Everything, actually. But mostly, the entire rhyme scheme ends in "ee". Let me show you a song's hook that is generally hated.

I came in like a wrecking ball

I never hit so hard in love

All I wanted was to break your walls

All you ever did was wreck me

Yeah, you, you wreck me

That was wrecking ball. WRECKING BALL. One of the worst songs ever to come out of Miley Cyrus's brain. That hook had legitimate rhymes and interesting words that didn't make my ears wanna explode. Actually it did, but you get the point.

But seriously, was it so hard for them to just figure out how to rhyme? To make interesting words? To make music? I could make a better song than that!

2.5. This line

"But he gotta eat the booty like groceries"

God. What? Why? Who? ARRRGGH! I remember listening to this on the radio, and I was just half paying attention. Then I heard "groceries". And I just thought "Wha... what? Who wants to talk about groceries?" I just can't. My musical sense literally got worse after hearing that line.

I HATE THIS SONG!!!

Thanks for reading!

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

This blog looks familiar. Is this like a tribute to me? lol

Nice blog bro.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like this song. :D Only the part about eating booty like groceries is freaking nasty. EWWWHHHH.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By terry2012

I think I agree with you. The lyrics to this song do not make sense. That is not a life story to be praising at all. This one of the reason why I do not listen to the radio a lot. Good blog by the way.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cameron83

I love this song!!

Btw, Jhene Aiko is not really "some random chick" that no one cares about. She's pretty much considered a Queen in alternative R&B

EDIT: One more thing, a song can be pretty much about anything. It doesn't have to preach the gospel and start a revolution a la Kendrick Lamar. A song doesn't really have to have "a point", per say, as if it were an essay.

Still though, agree to disagree, I guess. ^_^

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I remember hearing the groceries thing and be like "wut" hahaha. And wasn't this line on some Childish Gambino song? But I may be wrong

The amount of autotune on this track is over 9000 btw

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Watch Me by Silento.

I never heard of it until recently, but I think it sounds so stupid. >___>