#1 Edited by omegma (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a good friend who's life is ruined by his Parents.When after he was born a few years later his father used to physically abuse him at the age of 5 and the country we live in does not have child abuse law.He used to fight with his child for no reason and he used to keep crying all the time at school.He was always depressed and upset and always angry.After a few years he grew up and his father kept abusing him so he fought back.So you know what the parents did they got him institutionalized and the whole neighborhood knows about it.In the institution he also was almost raped by a man bigger than him.His mother keeps on threatening him that if he fights then he will be going to that same place again.He has been institutionalized three times.His parents tell fake stories to other people and become nice in front of them.Tell me what should he do ?

#2 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23222 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the same thing Palpatine did to his parents.....kill them.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to the police.

#4 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23222 posts) - - Show Bio

In all seriousnes though:

Go to the police.

This.

#5 Edited by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard one.

#6 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17583 posts) - - Show Bio

Which country is this???

#7 Edited by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I can come up with is run away but that could potentially worsen things. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

#9 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23222 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is he? If he can just tough it out for a few years, biting his tongue and just forcing himself to ignore everyone, he can leave. That or see if a relative or friend can take him in. Getting a job couldn't hurt either, less time spent in the house.

#11 Edited by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

eh i live in a country where there is child abusing laws n my dad still got away with kicking the shit out of my brother, n it wasnt cuz my dad wasnt strong enough to beat other people cuz he fought alot people and worse even getting older my brother wouldnt be able to fight back cuz our dad is a huge man still bigger than both of us as adults. but eh my brother turned out alright although he gets in alot of fights too

#12 Posted by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

By "my friend," are you talking about yourself? Anyway, the parents will regret it later when the kid never wants to talk to them or see them again.

#13 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, that's just terrible.

Aren't there any sort of child protective services in your country? Or social workers of some sort? Without any child-abuse laws, I don't think the police can really do anything. How did his parents have him institutionalized - was it some sort of juvenile delinquent facility?

In some countries (like the UK), children over the age of 16 can legally leave home. Has your friend considered staying with a relative? Or friends?

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell your friend to toughen up and pursue the best education possible, and become an entrepreneur (or any other position that gives a lot of positive income).

Once he achieves that, buy a nicer home, a better car, and create a better family. Then, rub it into his parents face, and leave them in their sorrow that they treated him so badly.

But wait, there's more. Once he buys himself a luxurious home, dedicate himself into building up even more money to buy the home the parents live in, rendering them homeless and in even more self-pity.

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@dabee said:

By "my friend," are you talking about yourself?

Oh, man. This thread just became tragic.

#16 Edited by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Now the cat is out of the bag but originally I just posted

#Whatdoesntkillusmakesusstronger

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Oh good.

Anyway, that's bullsh*t. What doesn't kill you traumatizes you for life.

And then you die anyway.

#IGotAPocketFullOfSunshine

#19 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Oh good.

Anyway, that's bullsh*t. What doesn't kill you traumatizes you for life.

And then you die anyway.

#IGotAPocketFullOfSunshine

Amen! Preach it Brother SymbioteWithin!

At least one would have interesting stories to tell one's cellmates in between the gang action.

#20 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@innersuperman:

I'm no member of the twitterverse but

#IThinkYouDidItWrong

#22 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos:

# This is not fucking twitter

#OohAmpUpTheConversationWithAnFBombBecauseNobodyNeverDoneDidDatBefore

#24 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos:

# talking trash over the internet like nobody has done that before.

#25 Posted by omegma (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: It does not matter anyway if he runs or not because he has nowhere to go that is the advantage that his parents take.If he does get a small job how is he going to pay the rent and continue his education ?

@dabee: and by my friend whoever I am referring to I can't tell you his username because it make him want to attempt suicide if he got humiliated by this thing told about him it would just worsen the situation.

@veshark: The first place he got institutionalized was at a rehabilitation center and the most idiotic thing is that he has never done drugs or smoking for that matter.Over there he was scolded and threatened that he would get beaten up by them and would be sent to their personal jail who were way stronger and bigger than him.They kept on humiliating him saying that he is sex addict and stuff in front of other patients.Over there he almost got raped.He cries all the time thinking about it.Over there they used to serve him food like they do in the prison tasteless.The second time he got institutionalized for stealing things.Does that look Psychologically disabled person to you.He was not scolded at the second place but they put a injection in his body which made his jaws stiff,he could barely breath he felt drowsy and had blurred vision.He was about to give his 10th Grade final Board Exam to go to college but his condition is as described before.So he failed the test.His life is ruined and he has nowhere to go not even his relatives would keep him because they told him the same lies told by his parents while he was institutionalized.

Tell me is anything he can do besides runaway and go to the relatives or call the police for that matter.Please I urge you to save this innocent person.If you can?

#26 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@innersuperman

Dude, language. It's in the rules.

@omegma

I'm not familiar with the specifics, but surely there must have been some consent on his part to be institutionalized once - let alone three times. If he has had no form of addiction, he shouldn't have been there in the first place. But the way you described it sounds like they aren't exactly the safest institutions. Lord, both places sound like something out of a horror film.

At this point, I think he needs to seek the consultation or help of an older person. Preferably someone with a background in situations like these, a social worker perhaps. As his friend, you should be there for him, and tell him to keep his cool for a couple more years. At least if he got his high school diploma, he'd be able to get employment of some sort and break away from his family. If worse comes to worse, you should try seeking help from shelters.

It might also help to ask on forum boards related to child abuse on the Internet. I'm not very well-versed in matters like these, and I think a comic-book forum isn't an ideal place to get the best suggestions. Truth to be told, I don't really know what to do in a situation like this. I really wish I could help, but there are other individuals on the Internet more qualified to help than I.

#27 Edited by omegma (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I just wanted your advice on this and thanks.I have tried consulting a psychologist from the beginning but it was she who advised him to be institutionalized in the first place and you should know that they played the innocent role of parents wanting to help their child.But I don't know if you are going to believe my friends statement or not.It is totally up to you.

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegma said:

@veshark: I just wanted your advice on this and thanks.I have tried consulting a psychologist from the beginning but it was she who advised him to be institutionalized in the first place and you should know that they played the innocent role of parents wanting to help their child.But I don't know if you are going to believe my friends statement or not.It is totally up to you.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. And I feel that we have a moral obligation to help him, and that as a friend, you should be there for him (which I'm sure you are).

Look into shelters and social workers, but most importantly, be there for your friend. That's the most important part. Support him and help him keep his cool - so that he doesn't wind up institutionalized again. If he's the religious type, consider getting some sort of support from a local church or whatever religious organization.

I'm afraid that's the extent of the advice I can give you. If it means anything, I'll keep you and your friend in my prayers.

#30 Edited by Deadite (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

Anyway, the parents will regret it later when the kid never wants to talk to them or see them again.

#This

#31 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17583 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by omegma (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Pakistan

@veshark: Thank you and I hope no one ever has to suffer this life like he did.I will be there for him but even I can't help him you know.

#33 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17583 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegma: I see.

I am sorry to hear about this,I wish there was something I could do.I honestly don't know what to suggest.

#34 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegma:

All the stupid stuff I posted before aside (which had nothing to do with this post and was more part of an ongoing conversation with another user which spread over into this thread and then somehow caught the attention of another unrelated user)

I did have a thought.

Look into the possibility of contacting a non-governmental organization (NGO) like the Red Cross or UNICEF which may have offices within that country. They may have contacts with other groups operating in that region which could possibly render aid in this situation. There are international laws which at times can supersede regional laws (or lack of laws) BUT I would also recommend caution. If you decide to take this path, limit your correspondence and the circle of those who are aware of your intent and/or efforts.