• 114 results
#1 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant really say i'm not used to it but someone (a woman smh) just got shot about half a block away from my house. This madness goes on all of the time and i really hate it. When i say i really hate it I mean really really hate it, I almost lost my brother to pointless gun violence he was shot 6 times 4 in his abdominal area 1 in his eye and another around his jawbone area. He currently has 5 of the 6 bullets in him and has made a good recovery. But this stupidity has to end!

#2 Posted by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

so this will stop by you posting it here ?

#3 Edited by Project_Worm (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

Shit sucks man... hopefully you can find a way out sometime.

#4 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

Did he ever say this would stop by him posting it here? No. He's probably just venting right now. Next time don't jump to conclusions before making your snide remarks buddy.

#5 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
@kyrees said:

Yep, what you didn't hear? @super_jesus is on comicvine! He'll grant my every wish :)

#6 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're in a state that lets you, invest in a concealed carry permit (or better an open carry) and a gun or large knife to go with it. Ain't much more that scares someone then showing them the handgun in your waistband or a bowie knife under your coat.

#7 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cain_ said:

If you're in a state that lets you, invest in a concealed carry permit (or better an open carry) and a gun or large knife to go with it. Ain't much more that scares someone then showing them the handgun in your waistband or a bowie knife under your coat.

Thats Pu*sy, I mean how much does it really take for a man to scare a woman?

#9 Posted by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Eh, works for me. The investment is certainly worth your life. People are too damn violent nowadays, can't risk it IMHO

@SuperStar_sketcher: Que?

#11 Edited by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: i didn't notice that it was venting ? don't assume also will ya ? i'm being flippant here.

flip·pantˈflipənt/adjective

1. not showing a serious or respectful attitude

So what you're saying is that, in spite of someone being shot, you're not going to show a serious or respectful attitude as a result of the event taking place? I'm curious to know what would make you serious if a person being shot doesn't. And I didn't assume anything. I said he was "probably just venting", meaning I was speculating, not asserting it as a fact. You on the other hand, made a sarcastic remark directly implying that the user only created this thread to somehow stop what is happening in his neighborhood, which is definitely not the case.

Y'know, maybe the world would be a better place if people cared more instead of constantly making snide remarks to comfort themselves when faced with tough and unfavorable conditions.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

People die every day its the natural order of things

#15 Edited by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: maybe because i know how it is in such situations and maybe because i've lived through it and got out of it. maybe i know more but i certainly won't assume much on people reacting to it accordingly. do you want me to show pity on the OP's venting when it won't really help much when they are still on that situation everyday ? do you want me to suggest to him something when it's obvious to him what he needs to do ?

if people basically cared without thought, a whole lot of people won't rise up to such adversity and be stronger people inside out. i certainly won't point to people things till they fully realize it and they understand what they need to do.

#16 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cain_ said:

@jaken7: Eh, works for me. The investment is certainly worth your life. People are too damn violent nowadays, can't risk it IMHO

@SuperStar_sketcher: Que?

I didnt say guns where bad, i just said that these people are too damn trigger happy i mean pulling a gun on a 160 pound woman? Seriously? There are many other ways to subdue a woman other than getting a gun and shooting her 4 times.

#17 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's sh!t. Maybe you could move to a different neighbourhood?

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: maybe because i know how it is in such situations and maybe because i've lived through it and got out of it. maybe i know more but i certainly won't assume much on people reacting to it accordingly. do you want me to show pity on the OP's venting when it won't really help much when they are still on that situation everyday ?

if people basically cared without thought, a whole lot of people won't rise up to such adversity and be stronger people inside out

So your thought process is that by being sarcastic and witty, people will simply toughen up and make it through tough situations?
Wow...just wow.

#19 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cain_ said:

Fair enough. Guess I just don't see answering violence with more violence as a valid option...

@bruxae said:

Well that's sh!t. Maybe you could move to a different neighbourhood neighborhood?

Fixed because AMERICA!

#20 Edited by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

We planned it about 2 months ago (were moving in july) and within those 2 month there has been 7 shootings. Ridicules (im only 16)

#21 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

We planned it about 2 months ago (were moving in july) and within those 2 month there has been 7 shootings. Ridicules (im only 16)

That's sad, im glad you are getting away from there though. Good luck.

#22 Posted by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: my thought process would be that the OP understands his situation and he needs to do something to it, you assumed he needed to toughen up and make it through the situation. i simply pointed that he needs to do something to it.

there are enough people here that would say the most obvious things. i'd rather deviate from that.

#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: my thought process would be that the OP understands his situation and he needs to do something to it, you assumed he needed to toughen up and make it through the situation. i simply pointed that he needs to do something to it.

there are enough people here that would say the most obvious things. i'd rather deviate from that.

"so this will stop by you posting it here ?"

I fail to see how this statement promotes your thought process that the OP understands his situation and needs to do something about it. The statement implies that the OP is wasting his time posting this online.

#26 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you live in Chicago ?

#27 Edited by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Eisenfauste (8943 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@_cain_ said:

Fair enough. Guess I just don't see answering violence with more violence as a valid option...

@bruxae said:

Well that's sh!t. Maybe you could move to a different neighbourhood neighborhood?

Fixed because AMERICA!

Its a deterrant.

#29 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Do you live in Chicago ?

No, Philadelphia

@kgb725 said:

People die every day its the natural order of things

And dont you think that is all the more reason why "Pointless" gun violence should stop?

#30 Edited by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: your statement not mine. the OP sees his plight and still needs re-affirmation. i'd rather be blunt yet flippant to him then be straight, serious and/or alarming, the latter doesn't work speed things up if he decides otherwise.

@SuperStar_sketcher i was serious now considering you and your family are doing things to get away from the situation. good for you.

#31 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Pretty sure he knows he has to do something about it, especially considering he's been planning to move for some time now. Your statement was simply rude regardless of its intent.

#33 Posted by silkyballfro94 (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that feel.

#34 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Then the world would have some hella good swordfighters.

#35 Edited by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: you constructed it as rude. i'm not for political correctness or overtly soft and straight messages just to soothe them. there are enough people who do that.

#36 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste said:

@jaken7 said:

@_cain_ said:

@bruxae said:

Fixed because AMERICA!

Its a deterrant.

That's the justification, yes. But it basically boils down to a "chicken and the egg" scenario.

• Chicken: We need these things to protect ourselves.
  • Egg: We wouldn't need to protect ourselves if it wasn't for these things.

Which came first? I'm throwing my lot in with the egg for the time being. It wasn't a violet offender that blew my dad's friend's head off when they were children. It was a gun. A gun that was assumed to be unloaded and harmless, being passed around in the hands of the neighborhood boys to play with from a normal, nice, unassuming man, who didn't think he was doing anything wrong at the time. My father sat next to this boy on the couch as they both examined the firearm. It was all fun and games until my dad's friend lost his head. You can tell me that was criminal negligence, and the owner of the gun killed that boy, not the gun. But we both know accidents happen. People make mistakes. We're only human after all. Maybe an accident prone species like us shouldn't have such easy access to such powerful weapons. But then again, that's just my thinking. Only an opinion on my part. I'm not saying my viewpoint is right or wrong.

#38 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8023 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Deathstroker: The city is so bad they named it Chiraq themselves. I knew it'd be one of those cities compton , philly , Detroit , Chicago , etc

#40 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Deathstroker: Because sometimes the crime here rivals the murder capital o the usa, but that's not my biggest problem here. My problem is that the people here try to bring this part of this city down, like its better that way, thats the saddest part.

#41 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@The_Deathstroker: The city is so bad they named it Chiraq themselves. I knew it'd be one of those cities compton , philly , Detroit , Chicago , etc

Most of Chicago is fine though. It isn't like Detroit or South Central. Just like almost all Metropolitans, it has a diverse standard of living throughout many different areas. It's more comparable to New York than anything (although some people wouldn't consider that a roaring endorsement). Anyways, I live in Seattle, so I'm kind of talking out of my ass. Just sharing what my perception was. Take it with a grain of salt.

#42 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: I get what your saying but the city celebrates when they go a day without a murder.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: you constructed it as rude. i'm not for political correctness or overtly soft and straight messages just to soothe them. there are enough people who do that.

Political correctness? LMFAO

It's not being overtly soft. It's being a decent person despite the internet's anonymity.

#44 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@jaken7: I get what your saying but the city celebrates when they go a day without a murder.

Like a work-day without an accident! Lol.

Thought it had gotten better since the days of Al Capone...

#45 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

And now my middle class suburban problems don't seem so bad...

#46 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

That's the justification, yes. But it basically boils down to a "chicken and the egg" scenario.

• Chicken: We need these things to protect ourselves.
  • Egg: We wouldn't need to protect ourselves if it wasn't for these things.

Which came first? I'm throwing my lot in with the egg for the time being. It wasn't a violet offender that blew my dad's friend's head off when they were children. It was a gun. A gun that was assumed to be unloaded and harmless, being passed around in the hands of the neighborhood boys to play with from a normal, nice, unassuming man, who didn't think he was doing anything wrong at the time. My father sat next to this boy on the couch as they both examined the firearm. It was all fun and games until my dad's friend lost his head. You can tell me that was criminal negligence, and the owner of the gun killed that boy, not the gun. But we both know accidents happen. People make mistakes. We're only human after all. Maybe an accident prone species like us shouldn't have such easy access to such powerful weapons. But then again, that's just my thinking. Only an opinion on my part. I'm not saying my viewpoint is right or wrong.

Yeah man, Sometimes life is just toooo hard and isn't fair.

#47 Posted by kyrees (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: political correctness creeps into that kind of things.

decency isn't really going to help if the person isn't willing to do something or doesn't recognize his/her situation in the first place.

#48 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Oh no its pretty bad now lol its probably one of the most dangerous cities in America

#49 Posted by Eisenfauste (8943 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Yeah I can respect your opinion :)

#50 Posted by lesterlawton (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to downplay somebody getting shot, but crime in America is actually at an all-time low right now. You'd think otherwise if you watch the news, but that's what they want you to think.