• 102 results
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator

I just pre-ordered it, I wondered whether anyone is looking forward to it and what your thoughts/theories/expectations on the game are. I'm hoping for Green Arrow to pop up somewhere [Given the Queen explosive from the trailer]

No Caption Provided

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to beat up Anarky.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

At the beginning I was skeptical but the more I seen the more excited I got so now I have it pre-ordered

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am. Black Mask is finally getting his break!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@mrdecepticonleader: Yea I always think Black Mask should be a A-grade bat villain. I mean he makes a much better crime lord than the Penguin.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Yea I always think Black Mask should be a A-grade bat villain. I mean he makes a much better crime lord than the Penguin.

Yeah. I agree. I guess despite all the messed up stuff he has done in the comics, that make him just as good a Bat villain as others. It takes a big appearance in some other form of media that will finally elevate him. Which is understandable I guess.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can't wait!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy. I probably won't buy it though, because I'm broke. But at least, Black Mask is the main villain this time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

Man I liked Arkham a lot the first time I bought it, and then when they added "city" to the title and I bought it again it was still kinda fun. I'm not sure If I want to buy the same game a third time.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I have high hopes for this game and I can't wait to get this next week!!! ^__^

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah. I agree. I guess despite all the messed up stuff he has done in the comics, that make him just as good a Bat villain as others. It takes a big appearance in some other form of media that will finally elevate him. Which is understandable I guess.

I always thought Black Mask should be up there alongside other villains like Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc. As one of Gotham's biggest crime bosses, he represents the very thing that Batman fights against and the idea of having one ruthless leader over all of the gangs (at least most of them) just sounds awesome. Hopefully this game will boost Mask's popularity and DC will start using him more in the New 52 comics.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImagineMan16

Just pre-ordered it today. I'm pretty pumped.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'll probably have to wait til Christmas to buy it but at the start, Origins didn't do it for me. However, as time went on and more info and details were released, I have to admit it's an impressive continuation of what Rocksteady have been doing. It probably won't match the heights of Arkham Origins or Arkham City but if it's in their ball part, Arkham Origins should be one helluva game!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I always thought Black Mask should be up there alongside other villains like Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc. As one of Gotham's biggest crime bosses, he represents the very thing that Batman fights against and the idea of having one ruthless leader over all of the gangs (at least most of them) just sounds awesome. Hopefully this game will boost Mask's popularity and DC will start using him more in the New 52 comics.

Yea I can't wait to see him in the game. Hopefully they do him justice. I mean from all the trailers and promos it certainly looks like they have so far.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea I can't wait to see him in the game. Hopefully they do him justice. I mean from all the trailers and promos it certainly looks like they have so far.

Agreed. From the Batman vs. Deathstroke trailer, seeing him impale one of his thugs after they were defeated by the Bat, seeing how ruthless and merciless he was, I'm hoping we'll see a lot of that in the game.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Agreed. From the Batman vs. Deathstroke trailer, seeing him impale one of his thugs after they were defeated by the Bat, seeing how ruthless and merciless he was, I'm hoping we'll see a lot of that in the game.

No Caption Provided

Same here :)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited, heard there's a multiplayer

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Indeed there is. It focuses around 3v3v2 gameplay. Three players will control Bane's gang in a third person fashion similar to Gears of War. Three other players will control Jokers gang and the last two control Batman and Robin. Everyone has their own set of gadgets and equipment and the gang members have limited "detective vision" similar to that of Batman. After a period of time, both a member of Bane and Joker's gang can take control of the characters themselves.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vaeternus

@vaeternus said:

Indeed there is. It focuses around 3v3v2 gameplay. Three players will control Bane's gang in a third person fashion similar to Gears of War. Three other players will control Jokers gang and the last two control Batman and Robin. Everyone has their own set of gadgets and equipment and the gang members have limited "detective vision" similar to that of Batman. After a period of time, both a member of Bane and Joker's gang can take control of the characters themselves.

Oh wow, 3 vs. 3 vs 2? That sounds awesome! So it's a free for all mode then? I wonder if we can play Deathstroke too in that mode since he's a pre-order exclusive(they'll probably release him via DLC down the line hopefully) WB has done it with the previous Batman games and Injustice so I'm hoping!

Kind of reminds me of Aliens vs. Predator game with everyone having different tactics, humans, aliens and predators combined with Batman of course and Gears. Sounds sweet!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget said:

@vaeternus said:

Oh wow, 3 vs. 3 vs 2? That sounds awesome! So it's a free for all mode then? I wonder if we can play Deathstroke too in that mode since he's a pre-order exclusive(they'll probably release him via DLC down the line hopefully) WB has done it with the previous Batman games and Injustice so I'm hoping!

Kind of reminds me of Aliens vs. Predator game with everyone having different tactics, humans, aliens and predators combined with Batman of course and Gears. Sounds sweet!

Nah, Deathstroke is challenge map exclusive sadly. So yeah, it is kind of a free-for-all capture mode. First to grab the objectives and what-not, similarly to how conquest plays out in Battlefield.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

Oh, so DS is a different mode? cool, didn't know that. Hmm, that's cool. The replay value will be bigger then the previous two Batman games then I bet, and those games were cool. Thanks for the info, you've been looking into this a lot I see :)

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't everyone excited about this game? I absolutely am!!!!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm pretty excited

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am counting the seconds until the midnight release.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gambit474

The only thing holding it down for me is that Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman :(...though idk if it's just me but it feels like this game is being promoted and hyped up as being even better then what Asylum and City were :D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Very much so! Been very hyped for this month!

Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Re-watched the trailer earlier tonight, I can't wait! Looking forward to playing as Deathstroke more than anything I think.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I WANT IT SO MUCH I BOUGHT A $1 DOLLAR RESERVATION CARD!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

I WANT IT SO MUCH I BOUGHT A $1 DOLLAR RESERVATION CARD!

Big spender eh? I like your style!

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darkbeam

I'm kinda angry that their going to make Deathstroke lose too Batman.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered the collectors edition, sad I know, but who cares I wanted the statue

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

@darkbeam said:

I'm kinda angry that their going to make Deathstroke lose too Batman.

Yeah, because that's never happened before :P

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I am the continuity feels so New 52ish I don't like that lol but the game I'm uber excited for.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm iffy. The Deathstroke challenge map trailer lowered my excitement level pretty badly.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the continuity feels so New 52ish I don't like that lol but the game I'm uber excited for.

How does it feel New 52ish? I mean all they did was set the game in the past, it's not like they rebooted the whole universe. What happened in Asylum and City still happened.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SandMan_

I still want a Superman game. Maybe a Wonder Woman game too.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

How does it feel New 52ish? I mean all they did was set the game in the past, it's not like they rebooted the whole universe. What happened in Asylum and City still happened.

Cause every thing is condensed to five years. It's five years between City and Origins and Nightwing was in City so his timeline gets condensed and Tim, Barbara, and Catwoman too. Idk maybe I'm thinking too hard lol.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Cause every thing is condensed to five years. It's five years between City and Origins and Nightwing was in City so his timeline gets condensed and Tim, Barbara, and Catwoman too. Idk maybe I'm thinking too hard lol.

When was it stated that it was five years between City and origins? O_o

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

By the game directors and stuff idk but it's been confirmed.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

This is copied and pasted

The events of Arkham Origins are set approximately five years before Batman: Arkham Asylum, in the middle of winter in fictional Gotham City

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

The events of Arkham Origins are set approximately five years before Batman: Arkham Asylum, in the middle of winter in fictional Gotham City

Honestly, unless it's stated somewhere in the game that the story takes place "five years ago" or something like that, I would just ignore that statement.

But even so, I still don't see it being as bad as the New 52 timeline. In that time Batman had to train four Robins with in five years, yet here he's only had to train two. Dick Grayson, from how he appears in the multiplayer, appears to be about 16-17 years old, this would place him in early twenties during Arkham City when we see him as Nightwing. Tim Drake's about 16-17 in Arkham City, which would make sense if he's only been Robin for a few years.

But again, unless it's stated in the game, I don't think it's wrong to say that it takes place more than five years ago. But that's just me. :P

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Honestly, unless it's stated somewhere in the game that the story takes place "five years ago" or something like that, I would just ignore that statement.

But even so, I still don't see it being as bad as the New 52 timeline. In that time Batman had to train four Robins with in five years, yet here he's only had to train two. Dick Grayson, from how he appears in the multiplayer, appears to be about 16-17 years old, this would place him in early twenties during Arkham City when we see him as Nightwing. Tim Drake's about 16-17 in Arkham City, which would make sense if he's only been Robin for a few years.

But again, unless it's stated in the game, I don't think it's wrong to say that it takes place more than five years ago. But that's just me. :P

But as a joke Joker mentioned Jason I might of been just a nod to fans or a hint he existed idk. I get what your saying but this really bugs me lol. I wish they didn't mention the number of years and just left it at that IMO.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

But as a joke Joker mentioned Jason I might of been just a nod to fans or a hint he existed idk. I get what your saying but this really bugs me lol. I wish they didn't mention the number of years and just left it at that IMO.

When did he mentioned Jason? I don't remember him doing so in Asylum or City and I've been trying to avoid trailers with gameplay from Origins as to not be spoiled.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@war_killer said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

When did he mentioned Jason? I don't remember him doing so in Asylum or City and I've been trying to avoid trailers with gameplay from Origins as to not be spoiled.

When playing as Robin in a challenge map (lol ya I know might not be canon), he says "didn't I kill you already"? "No there always this time" . I fangasmed lol.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am because I can't wait

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By HeckTate

Got my pre-order, and I have a 5 day weekend from 26th-30th, so I'm pretty d@mn pumped!

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#46 Icarusflies  Moderator

I don't actually care as much as I thought I would. I won't be able to play it until at least December anyway though, so oh well...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Yes I am.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By superstay
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#50 JediXMan  Moderator

I'm actually not that excited for this one. I'm going to get it eventually, but I won't be buying it opening day, and I won't be getting the collector's edition.