This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shanana (55277 posts) - - Show Bio

Aim,meebo Msn all the time people yell for talking in all caps...So i need to know; whats the deal?

#2 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

It can be annoying, and can make it harder to understand what you are saying.

#3 Posted by Dementia5 (634 posts) - - Show Bio

I think writing in caps is considered "bad netiquette", because it's thought to be yelling.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (218912 posts) - - Show Bio
I love to type in bold...

lol
#5 Posted by Shanana (55277 posts) - - Show Bio
Dementia5 said:
"I think writing in caps is considered "bad netiquette", because it's thought to be yelling."
lmfao netiquette i love it
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (89624 posts) - - Show Bio
Dementia5 said:
"I think writing in caps is considered "bad netiquette", because it's thought to be yelling."
Moderator
#7 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34196 posts) - - Show Bio

BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING!!! xP

#8 Posted by G-Man (39599 posts) - - Show Bio

When I wrote on the board (when I was teaching) I'd ofter write in all caps.  That's just how I usually write.  But sometimes I'd switch to upper/lower case (which really bothered a student that had OCD and kept wondering if the all caps was more important info).

Staff Online
#9 Posted by Shanana (55277 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh

#10 Edited by Bio Guyver (6821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people shouldn't over exeggerate about CAPS. It avoids drama. I have no problem with it. In the end, the people bragging so much are the most annoying.

#11 Posted by danhimself (21304 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"When I wrote on the board (when I was teaching) I'd ofter write in all caps.  That's just how I usually write.  But sometimes I'd switch to upper/lower case (which really bothered a student that had OCD and kept wondering if the all caps was more important info)."

see i would probably mess with the guy then and just make random letters uppercase or lowercase
#12 Posted by Kurrent (14272 posts) - - Show Bio
Sha said:
"Aim,meebo Msn all the time people yell for talking in all caps...So i need to know; whats the deal?"
Its like when you text. Since you can't show emotion when you type and plenty of times things  you type get taken out of context I think it universally became a way of screaming something of showing anger. Like if you are you say GO TO HELL....
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (89624 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING!!! xP"
Well if you put three exclamation points..I would assume you are.
Moderator
#14 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34196 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"~The Wanderer~ said:
"BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING!!! xP"
Well if you put three exclamation points..I would assume you are."
LoL. I was just over-demonstrating a bit :p
#15 Posted by Desilation (14325 posts) - - Show Bio
Sha said:
"Aim,meebo Msn all the time people yell for talking in all caps...So i need to know; whats the deal?"

yeah i would use caps in my writing to show my yelling but i don't do that all the time
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (89624 posts) - - Show Bio

I only write in caps when someone keeps missing something I said.It annoys me.So I WRITE IT IN CAPS...and then they will most definitely see it.

Moderator
#17 Edited by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

CAPS IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

#18 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you post this thread twice?

#19 Posted by NiteFly (1535 posts) - - Show Bio