So watching Back to the Future 3..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Something puzzles me...so Doc from the year 1985 was sent back to the year 1885 via lighting bolt so Marty goes to 1955 Doc. He then founds out that Doc was shot in 1885, so how is it that Doc is still alive in the year 1955 if he was killed in 1885?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Plot? Time traveling majoogily magic? I dunno when it comes to movies like these it's better to shut off your brain and just go with it.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a felling your going to have some issues with the next Terminator movie. :P

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The version of Doc that was killed in 1885 is the 1985 Doc, who is 30 years older than 1955 Doc. That means that 1955 Doc would still be alive until around 30 years later in his lifetime (when he is killed in 1885).

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030: Right but wouldn't Doc getting killed in the past effect his future, in this case 1955 Doc?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

@_gaff_: Eh I've gotten a good grasp on the Terminator time stuff.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something puzzles me...so Doc from the year 1985 was sent back to the year 1885 via lighting bolt so Marty goes to 1955 Doc. He then founds out that Doc was shot in 1885, so how is it that Doc is still alive in the year 1955 if he was killed in 1885?

Because the Doc that went in the past was future Doc, aka the 50s Doc that grew up built a time machine and befriended Marty. So Doc would still in fact be alive in the 50s.

What I don't get is when Marty goes back in time there are two time machines at that point. Why doesn't Doc just take the fuel from the one he used? I mean the 50s Doc is gonna help Marty dig it up so he'll obviously put fuel in it before he leaves again.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer

@feartheliving: There's only the 1 time machine when Marty goes back, he ripped the fuel line when he pulled out the arrow that was in it. Also yeah, I know it's future Doc that went back in time. But wouldn't him being killed in the past, affect the 50s Doc?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wolfrazer: no he's right. There are two time machines. The one that Doc used to get to 1885 (the one that was struck by lighting in 1955) and the time machine that Marty used to go back to 1885. 1886 Doc hide the time machine in the cave so that future Marty could find if. So yea there are two time machines.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Example:

Let's say I'm 5 years old.

When I'm 20, I get killed.

My 5 year old self should be alive, but my 20 year old self should be dead.

Same thing with Doc, but when he was "20" (1985 Doc), he just so happened to be in a different time period. His 1955 self (30 years younger then when he died) should still be perfectly fine.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazingnova: ...Oh wait...yeah that is right...now that I remember BTF 2 there was 2 time machines there too.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wolfrazer: no...BT3. We're taking about the 3rd one. There were 2 time machines in that film as well.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: The Doc that got killed is future Doc. Doc most likely wasn't born yet in 1885, so that's obviously the 1985 Doc getting killed in the past.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: No there are two. One when Doc went back and buried for Marty to get in the 50s, and the second one he comes back in from the 50s. So all he'd need to do is use the fuel in the one he came back in.

As for your question no it wouldn't effect 50s Doc at all because that was him 30 years prior. 1950s Doc would send Marty on his way then spend the next 30 years building the time machine and befriending Marty who he knows from the 50s, but Marty doesn't know that. Then he shows Marty the time machine, and get's shot but the terrorists, only to have a bullet proof vest, then he leaves for the future, comes back for marty about his kids, then goes to the 50s to get the almanac, then gets struck by lightning, then gets sent back in time to the old west, then gets shot and killed.

The 1950s Doc wouldn't die until he got to that point in his life as future Doc's death has no effect on past Docs death.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He prayed to Batman

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By humphreytt

Plot? Time traveling majoogily magic? I dunno when it comes to movies like these it's better to shut off your brain and just go with it.

Well said.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Shhhh we don't ask these questions...