So this happened today!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By longbowhunter

I've been cooped up in the house all weekend nursing a summer cold when I decided to skip the Theraflu and grab some Mucinex. While pulling up to my local grocery I encounter one of the most irrational, hostile human beings on earth. Coasting through the parking lot at a speed of 10mph, I pass a man in his late 30's pushing a walker in front of him and yelling at me to slow down. I can see as I exit the truck this guy is waiting at the front of the store to give me a piece of his mind. Looks like I've got trouble. So he yells at me to "Slow the f*** down", which I have done. The vehicle is parked, I cant go any slower than that. I reply, "How much slower do you want me to go? I was doing 10mph". His response is, "You heard me, I didnt stutter". Which is true, he didnt, but still doesnt answer my question. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do. To drive slower in the future, go back in time and drive slower the instance I encountered him or if he was fishing for an apology? I did none of the three. I told him, "No one is accusing you of stuttering, but you're not making a lot of sense". Then he asks, "What if I hit you upside the head with this walker? How much sense would that make"? "Zero" I said "Zero amount of sense", and proceeded to the pharmaceutical aisle. Surprisingly that was the end of everything. I didnt get hit in the head and the guy stopped following me.

Can someone explain to me why this happened and what the man was hoping to accomplish here? Was I truly in the wrong? Is 10mph to fast to drive in a parking lot? Have any of you had similar confrontations and were they awkward and/or hilarious?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In a busy parking lot, 10mph is pretty fast. When you're looking for a parking slot, do you look for it at 10mph or 5? Most people coast 5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See what if you were looking for a parking slot at 10mph and someone leaving their slot backs up. 10mph is still pretty fast.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I was actually driving from one side of the parking lot to the other. I wasnt in the process of looking for a spot at the time.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@longbowhunter said:

I've been cooped up in the house all weekend nursing a summer cold when I decided to skip the Theraflu and grab some Mucinex. While pulling up to my local grocery I encounter one of the most irrational, hostile human beings on earth. Coasting through the parking lot at a speed of 10mph, I pass a man in his late 30's pushing a walker in front of him and yelling at me to slow down. I can see as I exit the truck this guy is waiting at the front of the store to give me a piece of his mind. Looks like I've got trouble. So he yells at me to "Slow the f*** down", which I have done. The vehicle is parked, I cant go any slower than that. I reply, "How much slower do you want me to go? I was doing 10mph". His response is,

"You heard me, I didnt stutter".

Which is true, he didnt, but still doesnt answer my question. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do. To drive slower in the future, go back in time and drive slower the instance I encountered him or if he was fishing for an apology? I did none of the three. I told him, "No one is accusing you of stuttering, but you're not making a lot of sense". Then he asks, "What if I hit you upside the head with this walker? How much sense would that make"? "Zero" I said "Zero amount of sense", and proceeded to the pharmaceutical aisle. Surprisingly that was the end of everything. I didnt get hit in the head and the guy stopped following me.

Can someone explain to me why this happened and what the man was hoping to accomplish here? Was I truly in the wrong? Is 10mph to fast to drive in a parking lot? Have any of you had similar confrontations and were they awkward and/or hilarious?

Sounds an old black dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@longbowhunter said:

I've been cooped up in the house all weekend nursing a summer cold when I decided to skip the Theraflu and grab some Mucinex. While pulling up to my local grocery I encounter one of the most irrational, hostile human beings on earth. Coasting through the parking lot at a speed of 10mph, I pass a man in his late 30's pushing a walker in front of him and yelling at me to slow down. I can see as I exit the truck this guy is waiting at the front of the store to give me a piece of his mind. Looks like I've got trouble. So he yells at me to "Slow the f*** down", which I have done. The vehicle is parked, I cant go any slower than that. I reply, "How much slower do you want me to go? I was doing 10mph". His response is,

Which is true, he didnt, but still doesnt answer my question. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do. To drive slower in the future, go back in time and drive slower the instance I encountered him or if he was fishing for an apology? I did none of the three. I told him, "No one is accusing you of stuttering, but you're not making a lot of sense". Then he asks, "What if I hit you upside the head with this walker? How much sense would that make"? "Zero" I said "Zero amount of sense", and proceeded to the pharmaceutical aisle. Surprisingly that was the end of everything. I didnt get hit in the head and the guy stopped following me.

More like the typical southern accent.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

@CozyDaPrynce: He was black and kinda old. Older than me anyway.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By longbowhunter

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Yes, this took place in western Kentucky. A southern accent was involved.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@longbowhunter said:

More like the typical southern accent.

BAM!

@longbowhunter said:

@CozyDaPrynce: He was black and kinda old. Older than me anyway.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`

You should have just kicked the walker out from under him.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By longbowhunter

@Nova`Prime`: That was my first instinct. When I turned to confront him after going into the store I noticed he was walking just fine. He simply had a walker in front of him, pushing it along but not actually using it for support. I honestly dont think he was in need of the thing.