So the Goku vs Superman flame war didn't happen.

• 140 results
Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I guess we can all breathe a sigh of relief that all this blew over with not many angry threads.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku wins and all superman stupid fan boys know that.

#bringit

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is limitless

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@russellmania77: Wow dude, calm down, Superman wins, get over it, they already made two videos about it, and I have watched the DBZ anime and read the Superman comics.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Superman crushes Goku.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is omnipotent. Superman is the poor man's superhero.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I unintentionally created bate.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do they have one with thor vs goku?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kaijukinggojira: It was my job to make bait threads and start flame wars :(. You trying to get me fired ?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you really want to ?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool: I can make videos with only opinions as well doesn't mean it's true tho

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Someone's gonna have to show me Superman beating FTL casual planet busters in the comics with apparent moderate effort, other wise Goku logically wipes the floor with him.

The logic they used in DB was atrocious, Superman wins because he has no limits? Wut.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Booooo Goku sucks!! Booooooo He brings shame to CV and the youth!! Goku should be exiled to the darkest corners of the internet!!!!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I only joined because to discuss why Goku wins. Now bring it young viner!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys pls don't talk about Goku that way. He's a good person.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone provide a scan of superman tanking a star level attack ?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flame wars are overrated.

CV makes them out to be this disastrous event, the likes of which a combined Ragnarok, Civil War, Kingdom Come, and Infinite Crisis couldn't begin to approach in terms of destructive capacity.

It's a bunch of babies upset with other babies, big whoop.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry > Goku > Superman.

_EbonyZephyr_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: I believe superman survived a star supernova, however I attribute that to his very body being able to absorb the suns energy

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone provide a scan of superman tanking a star level attack ?

Nah, but i'll take his word. Clark is not the kind of guy that lies.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Superman wins.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the lack of flame war is due to the loss of any credibility screw attack has. They have habits of using faulty logic and picking characters they like to win instead of the stronger ones. So due to that the reaction is aimed at their stupidity instead of flaming.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

The logic they used in DB was atrocious, Superman wins because he has no limits? Wut.

Well, he doesn't have limits, he is as strong as the plot needs him to be, and thats a fact.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By midnightdragon18

@holymistress: scans of superman claiming he could survive a star level attack.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool: I can make videos with only opinions as well doesn't mean it's true tho

Except it wasn't just an opinion, lots of work and research was put into that video, its difficult to compare two different realities, and they made a great job.

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holymistress: scans of superman claiming he could survive a star level attack.

Inside Bardock's opener: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-goku-pcb-vs-superman-cye-1695531/

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deadcool

I think the lack of flame war is due to the loss of any credibility screw attack has. They have habits of using faulty logic and picking characters they like to win instead of the stronger ones. So due to that the reaction is aimed at their stupidity instead of flaming.

How do you know they like superman more? And how it was faulty logic?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By micah007123

As always my problem is not the fact that Goku lost. It's the fact that under Screwattacks supervision he and his verse come off as piss poor weak. I almost cried when they compared Beerus to Kami........

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool: I totally did research but just cause I said so doesn't mean I actually did

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holymistress: that was a hyperbole, i've never seen super tank a star level attack. He was probably just trying to say that he's really really durable.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deadcool

@russellmania77: Well, Screw Attack does provide examples that show they did, and they used math to complete the lack of information, like "How strong is Goku?" I mean really, how strong actually is Goku? We never really see Goku lifting stuff as an adult, I remember that in Dragon Ball Goku moves a big damn rock, but we never really see doing something similar in later episodes, so measuring his strength is difficult to begin with, we can't measure his strength using his power attacks or counting the amount or Kame Hame Ha can he do in a day. Superman on the other hand does have more feats of him doing such stuff.

• · Beating the reality.
  • · Holding a black hole.
  • · Moving the earth.
  • · ETC.

Goku just doesn't have such feats, he doesn't have them, he is never shown destroying a planet or moving the earth, we suppose he is able to do so because Freezer is able to do it, but even if he is able to destroy the planet he wouldn't survive without the planet, he needs to breathe, and Superman doesn't need to breathe, there are tons of arguments said in the Screw Attack video.

And I know they are true because I watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and I am not an annoying fanboy about it.

Superman wins.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By micah007123

@deadcool said:

@russellmania77: Well, ScrewAttack does provide examples that show they did, and they used math to complete the lack of information, like "How strong is Goku?" I mean, really How strong actually is Goku? We never really see Goku lifting stuff as an adult, I remember that in Dragon Ball Goku moves a big damn rock, but we never really see doing something similar in later episodes so measuring his strength is diffcult to begin with, we can't measure his strength using his power attacks or counting the amount or Kame Hame Ha can he do in a day.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deadcool
No Caption Provided

@micah: Thankyou, but you missed the point, do we know how heavy are those things? Or the gravity where he is training? We don't.

We know that Superman is moving the planet earth, in this scan, we know the weight and the strength needed to move the planet.

With Superman we are working with stuff we know.

Just one question, the pic of Goku training with Kaio-sama belongs to the movie Battle of Gods?

Edit: The gif did not appeared when I first saw the comment, cool scene.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By micah007123

@deadcool said:

@micah: Thankyou, but you missed the point, do we know how heavy are those things? Or the gravity where he is training? We don't.

We actually can gauge how much Giant Piccolo, the weights, and the mountain weighed. We also know the gravity for the weight example was 10x. Besides we can't accurately measure the reality and black hole feat you listed but we still show them off. For the weight example specifically we know each weight is an excess of 40 tons. The simple fact that said weights are under the effects of 10x gravity is enough to confirm this. Unless we want to think King Kai gave Goku paper weights to train with.

Just one question, the pic of Goku training with Kaio-sama belongs to the movie Battle of Gods?

That pic comes from Dragon Ball Super. Still based on feats Superman is many times stronger than Goku, but to say we can't gauge his strength isn't fair bro.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: So, do you think those objects are heavier than the planet Earth?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool: No which is why I stated Superman is still many times stronger than Goku. The point is he does have feats we can use to gauge his strength. Feats that Screwattack always ignore for some reason. And given the things they've quantified and attempted to quantify in the past to say you can't bring them up because there unquantifiable isn't a valid excuse.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Is not that they ignore those feats, one of those feats did not existed when they fist made that video and they tried to get Goku's max strength, we still don't know if lifting a montain is the best that Goku can do.
And even if they used those feats, the planet earth is still bigger than those objects, it doesn't matter.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By micah007123

@deadcool: True but for the rematch the same thing happened yet again. Feats were ignored, and they still ignored many feats the first time around. The weights one is at least a low thousand tons (possibly 5,000) before the 10x gravity is factored in yet we get no mention of this. IMO i'm quite certain lifting a mountain is not the best he can do given the recent strength feat in Super he accomplished in his base form. And now your missing the point, I thought these fights were supposed to feature accurate information. Whether they make a difference or not is irrelevant, they are feats and should be brought up like you would with feats. We still have people who think 40 tons is Goku's max........

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Well, the whole point of the second Goku vs Superman was that doesn't matter how strong Goku gets, Superman is still stronger, but if misinformation is the problem then you must tell to ScrewAttack to make a video of Goku's current strength, because we lack of that info.
We can measure his strength right here using all the formulas ScrewAttack used. You can do it. Just to show people that Goku might be stronger.
With the pic you have of Dragon Ball super you could probably measure his strength in his base form, you would need to made up the density of the cylinder Goku is lifting.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By micah007123

@deadcool said:

@micah: Well, the whole point of the second Goku vs Superman was that doesn't matter how strong Goku gets, Superman is still stronger,

So does that mean Superman always going to beat him? He does make up for the strength deficit with energy manipulation. Currently current Goku is as powerful as a 70% Beerus. Who even at that level is strong enough to destroy planets with a drop of his Ki, and compete with Whis in speed who is fast enough to not only casually zip through nebulas but also enter into hyperspace.

but if misinformation is the problem then you must tell to ScrewAttack to make a video of Goku's current strength, because we lack of that info.

People have asked them to do that many times. They won't do it and I don't know why. They could have used accurate info for Goku this time around to portray him how he should be and still show him loosing and I guarantee you half of the DBZ fanbase would be fine. Under Screwattacks supervision Goku and his verse come off as piss poor weak which is not the case. I want my favorite characters to be portrayed to their fullest ability not undercut.

We can measure his strength right here using all the formulas ScrewAttack used. You can do it. Just to show people that Goku might be stronger.

I've calced his strength using new and old examples before. Your right it can be done.

With the pic you have of Dragon Ball super you could probably measure his strength in his base form, you would need to made up the density of the cylinder Goku is lifting.

You can do that as well. Which is where the 5,000 tons estimate before factoring in 10x gravity came from.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool: I wasn't exactly referring to the battle itself as I refuse to give them anymore views. But in the past they have shown serious hate for dbz in general. Making them lose when they should have won. Plus the favoritism used in the battle like making Goku seem weak and using a composite superman. Plus don't get me started on how they made Toph seem way powerful.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that the die hard DBZ fanboys neglect to recognize is that Goku is always pushing himself to his max. Where as Superman is always restraining himself. If Superman completely let go of his restraint, he would destroy the planet by simply throwing a punch. He has to restrain himself, always. Superman has no limits other than the ones he himself has created, so that really horrible things don't happen.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mysticmedivh

@deadcool said:
@russellmania77 said:

Except it wasn't just an opinion, lots of work and research was put into that video, its difficult to compare two different realities, and they made a great job.

Although I don't care about the outcome, their reasoning and logic was so poor in that video that in matter of minutes Death Battle Superman became a meme on Comic Vine. Superman fans who say that Superman > Goku say that Superman was portrayed incorrectly, let alone the fact hardly anyone here actually considers Death Battle to be a credible source of information. I'm not saying Superman wouldn't beat Goku, but the whole thing was a mess and could've been argued far better than it could have.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps the entire DBZ roster.

Keep the a**hurt train going guys.

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^clear bait

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku can survive in space as SSJ GOD as seen in BOG. Those turds did not even research their materials.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see why Goku getting his butt kicked by Superman is such a big deal... It's Superman! The one guy in the DCU that has done things that everyone else would have said was impossible. He has even broken through the source wall, something that seems impossible. It was from the DC One Million storyline, its Superman's supposed future. That storyline shows us just how limitless Superman really is. He is already insanely powerful, but in the 679 century he is a freak... There is no other way to put it. Okay, so he is not that powerful yet, and he could not at the moment break through the source wall, but the fact that he is destined to do so at some point is crazy, and it shows just how impossible to kill Superman really is.