So recently I saw something interesting on Breaking Bad

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really not a spoiler. During one scene Jesse Pinkman has a huge bag of money with X amount of money. He speaks of crossing country borders with this type of cash.

My question is how would one do this? That amount of cash would raise eyebrows from any airport guard. So would you put x amount of cash into one bank here and there till all of the cash is behind lock and key? Would you wire it to an oversea bank? Or would it be more prudent to simply take some form of boat to avoid the security hassle?

How would you guys do it if you had a dufflebag full of cash and wanted to skip across continents?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: I'm pretty sure that you have to declare certain amounts of cash when entering countries, for arguments sake lets say above $10k.

The same applies with depositing it in a bank, from watching TV cop shows, I think the $10k limit is reported to the IRS by the bank. I'm not American so I'm just going off TV.

To get a dufflebag of cash across borders, you'd have to smuggle it the same way as you'd smuggle anything that sized. The boat idea would only work if you avoided the legal entry points/ requirements- you still need to clear customs, etc.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Yeah I know there are customs to get through with boating I just figure it's less crazy than airport security which it probably is. I didn't know you had to declare cash when coming in, that's interesting to know.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Panama.