• 60 results
Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not get why so many people on this site are so mean LOL

I do not like crazed fans as much as the next person, but why go out of your way to add negative input on someone's blog post trying to steal their joy?

I've seen plenty of dumb stuff on this site I'd like to delete, or just plain pointless crap where I go "ok wtf is this", but I just take it for what it is and don't read it or just move on....

don't take away from somebody's positive experience on this site

just my rant, I'm done

#1 Posted by CouldntFindAName (137 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread will get locked.

I Can feel it.

#2 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by JediXMan (29618 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm blunt.

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@StormyWeather said:

I do not like crazed fans as much as the next person, but why go out of your way to add negative input on someone's blog post trying to steal their joy?

I've seen plenty of dumb stuff on this site I'd like to delete, or just plain pointless crap where I go "ok wtf is this", but I just take it for what it is and don't read it or just move on....

just my rant, I'm done

Don't take this negatively but....welcome to the internet.

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only negative when I'm issuing critique. Outside that my "mean" comments are usually jokes. 

#7 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I'm only negative when I'm issuing critique. Outside that my "mean" comments are usually jokes.

Mostly this for me.lol

#8 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: i've seen yours, they aren't mean to me LOL I can usually see when one is joking

#9 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: aww thanks

#10 Edited by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people like to feel superior by mocking others or being derisive and hostile towards them. I sometimes make fun of others if they are extraordinarily stupid and do not accept any help or advice and are simply spewing nonsense (i.e. "I don't believe in gravity"), but even then, that's still wrong. It's hard to always be nice, as evident by the fact that nobody is always nice.

#11 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: I concur

#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Some people like to feel superior by mocking others or being derisive and hostile towards them. I sometimes make fun of others if they are extraordinarily stupid and do not accept any help or advice and are simply spewing nonsense (i.e. "I don't believe in gravity"), but even then, that's still wrong. It's hard to always be nice, as evident by the fact that nobody is always nice.

See I heard that gravity is all a lie perpetrated by the CIA. Yeah. It's just a method to keep us all down.

#13 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we're blunt, sometimes brutal. You have to earn our respect but we're pretty accomodating toward new users. As long as they're not trolling, flaming, or so shortlisted on comic knowledge that a discussion is out of their jurisdiction.

#14 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: that is HILARIOUS! "you have to earn our respect"

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@StormyWeather: Curious: any particular instances that you'd like to share?

#16 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

There's more people who are kind on this site as opposed to those that are jerks. Just try not to let the latter get to you too much. :]

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7572 posts) - - Show Bio

Make a thread about hating Nolan's Batman. Then you will see mean.

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

hahahahahahaha

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@StormyWeather said:

just my rant, I'm done

Don't take this negatively but....welcome to the internet.

This.

#20 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@minigunman123 said:

See I heard that gravity is all a lie perpetrated by the CIA. Yeah. It's just a method to keep us all down.

Yeah, gravity's such a downer...

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm EXTREMELY MEAN to people who criticize something good for minor issues, but praise crap. Such as criticizing the Dark Knight Rises because of Bane's voice, but loving Superior Spider-Man.

So basically, I'm mean to people who deserve it.

#22 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Unrelated, I really do hate Nolan's Batman though.

I would seriously take nipple Batman over Nolan's, any day of the friggin weak. Nolan killed Batman and now he is after Superman. He won't stop until he injects fake realism into all our favorite superheroes.

#23 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: I can't think of specific quotes but I could go to ANY forum & give u a billion comments that are uncalled for, and yes I understand this is the internet, hell anything where opinions will be given you'll get opinions of all kinds, mean, nice and inbetween...

#24 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@StormyWeather said:

@White Mage: I can't think of specific quotes but I could go to ANY forum & give u a billion comments that are uncalled for, and yes I understand this is the internet, hell anything where opinions will be given you'll get opinions of all kinds, mean, nice and inbetween...

LOL It'll grow on you...............some of us were put in such bitter situations that we literally had no choice but to become evil, monstrous, sexy beasts

#25 Posted by SC (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a combination of things really, ignorance, insecurity, frustration, I mean a lot of mean people don't actually realize they are mean, a lot of people are over sensitive, a lot of people infer undue negativity where this is none and retaliate with what they justify as appropriate meanness, ala eye for an eye, a lot of people have egos, a lot of people are hypocrites. Sometimes its venting. Sometimes its projection.

Really just keep mellow as best as you can, practicing will make it really natural and second hand and can usually have a calming influence on others. CV also has a lot of young peeps as well which can be a factor.

#26 Posted by JediXMan (29618 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

LOL It'll grow on you...............some of us were put in such bitter situations that we literally had no choice but to become evil, monstrous, sexy beasts

Mm. Some could call the more abrasive among us "battle hardened" from those darker days of the Battle forums.

#27 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually people deserve it.

#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24665 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking News, People Mean on the Internet. I know shocking stuff. And now the weather.

#30 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowards who hide behind anonymity...

try sayin some of that crap to the other persons face.....

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

Mm. Some could call the more abrasive among us "battle hardened" from those darker days of the Battle forums.

Battle hardened definitely sounds better....When a place attracts nothing but zombies for more than a few months, then don't be surprised when the survivors still don't trust, and continue to hide their resources from the general public.

#32 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

Cowards who hide behind anonymity...

try sayin some of that crap to the other persons face.....

A lot of superheroes wear masks.......

#33 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

What I find hilarious is that some people think that someone needs to "earn their respect" when first interacting with them.

Everyone should start out respecting everyone else. Period.

If someone then does something to betray that respect THEN it would need to be earned.

Just my opinion.

Come at me, internets! Let the flame-war begin!!!!

#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

What I find hilarious is that some people think that someone needs to "earn their respect" when first interacting with them.

If someone then does something to betray that respect THEN it would need to be earned.

Just my opinion.

LOL

In context, his statement makes a lot of sense. "You have to earn our respect but we're pretty accomodating toward new users"

He's not saying that you're all pieces of sh*t until you go through a trial basis......"We accommodate" lol

#35 Posted by The Stegman (23128 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the internet. Cruelty is a prerequisite. 

#36 Posted by Active_Adaptation (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

And some want to set the flame.

#37 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so serious?

#38 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

The internet is where we can let our inner b*tch out.

#39 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7572 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Unrelated, I really do hate Nolan's Batman though.

I would seriously take nipple Batman over Nolan's, any day of the friggin weak. Nolan killed Batman and now he is after Superman. He won't stop until he injects fake realism into all our favorite superheroes.

I don't like Nolan's Batman either. But IDK about taking Batman and Robin over Nolans Batman tho. lol

#40 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

Just my opinion.

If you're going to debunk your own beliefs with the infamous "just my opinion" which most people take to mean "it doesn't mean two shits", then don't throw it out there. Opinions are meaningless and stupid as f*ck until you give a reason for them not to be.

#41 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@cyberchop979 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

Just my opinion.

If you're going to debunk your own beliefs with the infamous "just my opinion" which most people take to mean "it doesn't mean two shits", then don't throw it out there. Opinions are meaningless and stupid as f*ck until you give a reason for them not to be.

I disagree. We all see things differently and closing ourselves off from others perspectives and opinions no matter how foolish is what causes people to be closed minded. I believe we should always listen to better our own understanding.

Marcus Aurelius once said: Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

#42 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@cyberchop979 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

Just my opinion.

I disagree. We all see things differently and closing ourselves off from others perspectives and opinions no matter how foolish is what causes people to be closed minded. I believe we should always listen to better our own understanding.

Marcus Aurelius once said: Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

That line of faulty reasoning leads to a disbelief in gravity.

There comes a time where questioning and opinionating everything becomes stupid and childish, not wise or mature.

#43 Posted by jhazzroucher (15137 posts) - - Show Bio

@StormyWeather: i completely understand how you're feeling

#44 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@cyberchop979 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@StormyWeather said:

... What's hilarious?

Just my opinion.

That line of faulty reasoning leads to a disbelief in gravity.

There comes a time where questioning and opinionating everything becomes stupid and childish, not wise or mature.

If someone chooses to disbelieve gravity then you shouldn't call them stupid, you should ask why. If they don't make sense they don't make sense, but if people had never stopped to listen to Newton the law would never had been widely accepted in the first place.

I'm not saying every other persons opinion should shape or change yours, just that listening broadens our reasoning.

#45 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

See I think this is one of the core problems. Each person has an opinion which they may or may not have come by lightly. But each person's opinion (kinda like their avatar) is basically EQUAL to everyone elses. One may not like another's avatar (or by extension opinion) and that is itself merely another opinion.

One may take the time to explain why they have the opinion that the other person's opinion is as you say "meaningless and stupid as f*ck" or "doesn't mean two sh!ts" but that doesn't alter the fact that that also is just another opinion equally subject to being considered "stupid", or "meaningless".

So because of this initial EQUALITY OF OPINIONS we should all just extend an initial mutual respect.

This however is called maturity and goes out the window online because of anonymity and the false bravado it encourages. Some of the stuff folks say and get away with they never could in real life standing in front of the other person. To me this is cowardice. Which of course is merely MY OPINION.

#46 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

@minigunman123 said:

See I think this is one of the core problems. Each person has an opinion which they may or may not have come by lightly. But each person's opinion (kinda like their avatar) is basically EQUAL to everyone elses. One may not like another's avatar (or by extension opinion) and that is itself merely another opinion.

One may take the time to explain why they have the opinion that the other person's opinion is as you say "meaningless and stupid as f*ck" or "doesn't mean two sh!ts" but that doesn't alter the fact that that also is just another opinion equally subject to being considered "stupid", or "meaningless".

So because of this initial EQUALITY OF OPINIONS we should all just extend an initial mutual respect.

This however is called maturity and goes out the window online because of anonymity and the false bravado it encourages. Some of the stuff folks say and get away with they never could in real life standing in front of the other person. To me this is cowardice. Which of course is merely MY OPINION.

Except that not everything everyone thinks or says is equal. It's just not.

#47 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@kuonphobos said:

@minigunman123 said:

That may be true regarding things that can be tested. But it doesn't change the fact that (using your example) even if for some reason I were to believe gravity was false that would still be my opinion. MINE. Just as your opinion that gravity is true is YOUR opinion (some might begin to use the word 'belief" here because the law of gravity is subject to testing) but it remains that my opinion is EQUALLY MINE and your opinion is EQUALLY YOURS. So though you might be able to lay out an argument that really narrows down the probablity that gravity is TRUE therfore making MY OPINION FALSE it would still be MY OPINION. And therefore only I can change it.

In this process I don't see what being mean achieves other than turning a discussion of ideas into a clash of wills which more than likely would only serve to entrench the other person in their possibly false opinion.

I think sometimes folks enjoy getting the other person worked up and then hide behind an argument that they were only trying to expand their horizons.

Again...just MY opinion.

#48 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

@minigunman123 said:

@kuonphobos said:

@minigunman123 said:

That may be true regarding things that can be tested. But it doesn't change the fact that (using your example) even if for some reason I were to believe gravity was false that would still be my opinion. MINE. Just as your opinion that gravity is true is YOUR opinion (some might begin to use the word 'belief" here because the law of gravity is subject to testing) but it remains that my opinion is EQUALLY MINE and your opinion is EQUALLY YOURS. So though you might be able to lay out an argument that really narrows down the probablity that gravity is TRUE therfore making MY OPINION FALSE it would still be MY OPINION. And therefore only I can change it.

In this process I don't see what being mean achieves other than turning a discussion of ideas into a clash of wills which more than likely would only serve to entrench the other person in their possibly false opinion.

I think sometimes folks enjoy getting the other person worked up and then hide behind an argument that they were only trying to expand their horizons.

Again...just MY opinion.

Actually, I don't care about people's ownership or right to opinions, but you said something important, that opinions can be false. That is all I wanted. Opinions can be false. They can be wrong. That is something almost no person has ever admitted to me and I thank you for sharing that.

#49 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Actually, I don't care about people's ownership or right to opinions, but you said something important, that opinions can be false. That is all I wanted. Opinions can be false. They can be wrong. That is something almost no person has ever admitted to me and I thank you for sharing that.

If by false you mean "able to be proven false when scrutinized by evidence" then absolutely some opinions can be "false". In fact it is probable that most are. But does that make them "false" to the person who holds them? Not necessarily.

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (15627 posts) - - Show Bio

The Battles forum is supposed to be harsh. Sometimes I get blunt for the sake of arguing, but I don't think I've gone far enough to intentionally insult anybody. If I did, I apologize (and it should be noted that the stuff I posted in the my first few months was just...... uggh, ignore it).