#1 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I signed up with an internet provider called TekSavvy. I spent $240 on equipment and what-not. Nothing worked. I called them to fix it, but they did nothing. I spent hours on the phone with them troubleshooting, but it still doesn't work. It's been a week. Frustrated, I called for a refund. They denied my request and now I'm fed up. They will not send a technician. They don't know what the problem is. They pretty much made me pay for nothing. What do you think?

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (35059 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper: Go get Legal advice and not ask on a forum :P

#3 Edited by JediXMan (29518 posts) - - Show Bio

Always do research before spending that kind of money at unknown websites.

Also, try to only buy from websites that say https://www. in the address bar before the main site name when you're at the checkout. It's a sign of security and legitimacy. If it doesn't say that, make sure you can find information online from other people who successfully purchased from them.

#4 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, always google the name of the business followed by the word "scam." If it has relevant results, don't indulge yourself. I just looked up just that, looks pretty shady. Unfortunately, you probably won't see that money again. Sucks...

Don't stop calling, though. They might finally give it to you to shut you up.

#5 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@blackreaper: Go get Legal advice and not ask on a forum :P

I plan on it, but I wanna know what other people think.


@jedixman said:

Always do research before spending that kind of money at unknown websites.

Also, try to only buy from websites that say https://www. in the address bar before the main site name when you're at the checkout. It's a sign of security and legitimacy. If it doesn't say that, make sure you can find information online from other people who successfully purchased from them.

They're not some random company that I found on the internet, they're fairly well-known. A few friends are with them. Thing is, they gave me bad equipment and refuse to help me. Then refuse to give a refund. It's not so much their services, just how they handle everything.

#6 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

Yeah, always google the name of the business followed by the word "scam." If it has relevant results, don't indulge yourself. I just looked up just that, looks pretty shady. Unfortunately, you probably won't see that money again. Sucks...

Don't stop calling, though. They might finally give it to you to shut you up.

I told a supervisor that I want my refund. He denied. I told him that if he doesn't, then I'll make sure people know it's a scam. He refused, so I'm going to make sure everyone knows how they handle their business.

#7 Edited by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper: Yeah, you just gotta keep calling. They think they can just get rid of you with a simple "no." Call back everyday, every few hours if you're dedicated. Like, during commercials, give them a call. While waiting for something to heat up. Finally, they'll get sick of you and give it back. They can't go after you for harassment, so they'll just give in. Tends to work.

#8 Edited by judasnixon (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

COX Cable charged people for three to four month for cable to people who never got any of it after Hurricane Katrina...... That is including people who lost there homes.

#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@blackreaper: Yeah, you just gotta keep calling. They think they can just get rid of you with a simple "no." Call back everyday, every few hours if you're dedicated. Like, during commercials, give them a call. While waiting for something to heat up. Finally, they'll get sick of you and give it back. They can't go after you for harassment, so they'll just give in. Tends to work.

That's fantastic advice. lol

#10 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Call the police, ask them what you should do about their business practices. Tell them you'd like to report a crime.

#11 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@blackreaper: Yeah, you just gotta keep calling. They think they can just get rid of you with a simple "no." Call back everyday, every few hours if you're dedicated. Like, during commercials, give them a call. While waiting for something to heat up. Finally, they'll get sick of you and give it back. They can't go after you for harassment, so they'll just give in. Tends to work.

Such a pathetic method, though.

#12 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper: I think it's quite the opposite of pathetic. Pathetic would be not even calling back once, and just thinking "well, this is my fault." Being insistent with calling is just that, insistent. Not giving up is definitely not pathetic. ;-)

#13 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: I don't plan on giving up.

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (35059 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

Call the police, ask them what you should do about their business practices. Tell them you'd like to report a crime.

Don't call the police. In the Uk anyways it would not be a crime, Not yet..Its a civil offence..But that is the UK >_>

@blackreaper:

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

SPAM THEM WITH CALLS.

#16 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Train in the east with monks and masters of Kung Fu, find out there family names and systematically take them out and when you reach the final boss man laugh at his face and scream out while performing a double spin roundhouse kick "JUSTICE".

or you could keep calling them and stuff

#17 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about your country. But over here according to the law you have 7 days in which you can tell the seller you don't want the product anymore and they're obligated to take it back. In 30 days it has to arrive with the seller, you only have to pay the postal costs. So i'd send an official letter/e-mail with proof of sending it. And look up what rights you have in your country. If the product is mailfunctioning however, you have rights for much longer.

#18 Posted by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Always do research before spending that kind of money at unknown websites.

Also, try to only buy from websites that say https://www. in the address bar before the main site name when you're at the checkout. It's a sign of security and legitimacy. If it doesn't say that, make sure you can find information online from other people who successfully purchased from them.

Captain Hindsight to the rescue!!!!!! :p