So, I saw DBZ: Battle of Gods for the first time...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

So, I know I'm late as hell, but I finally saw Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods. I have been putting it off because honestly, I'm not a huge DBZ fan. But now that I've seen it, I have to admit...the movie is HILARIOUS. I was laughing non stop and actually enjoyed the fights and plot. I haven't had this much fun with DBZ since the Cell Saga. This has now revitalized my interest in the franchise and has gotten me hyped for future products if they are of this quality (both humor and animation wise).

For the first time in a decade, I'm back on the DBZ hype train, woo, wooooo!

PS, Beerus is now my favorite DBZ villain. Anyone who can go from zero to genocidal over pudding has my approval.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's good lol just don't tell me that "God Goku can beat any legitimate form of Superman" and we have no problems >.>

Side note: Hope they do more with Gohan, Goten and Trunks

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PUDDING!!!!!!!!!

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are a bit late, but the movie is good.

That's good lol just don't tell me that "God Goku can beat any legitimate form of Superman" and we have no problems >.>

Beerus can destroy a galaxy in the blink of an eye. Can Superman do that? Maybe. There's was that time PC Superman blew out a star with his breath alone.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Emperor Pilaf was gold

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, gooooooood. Let the fandom consume you.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

Beerus can destroy a galaxy in the blink of an eye. Can Superman do that? Maybe. There's was that time PC Superman blew out a star with his breath alone.

What does Beerus have to do with Goku. That said can you show me Beerus blinking a galaxy out of existence not using abc logic, fan calcs, powerscaling, or unsupported statements?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That sky battle with Super Saiyan Goku and Beerus was frickin awesome.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

That sky battle with Super Saiyan Goku and Beerus was frickin awesome.

It really was. Top notch animation.

Emperor Pilaf was gold

Pilaf had me crackin' up! I love how he had to eat at a soup kitchen.

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001 said:

What does Beerus have to do with Goku. That said can you show me Beerus blinking a galaxy out of existence not using abc logic, fan calcs, powerscaling, or unsupported statements?

Why are these invalid? Seriously, give me a plausible explanation. Guide book.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Wait until the next film, Frieza has been training and honing his skills!

Loading Video...
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001 said:

They are invalid because there aren't feats to back up any claims to be made . Feats>all of these. Aside from that all of these are faulty because not only do different people get different things but it can be inconsistent and finally they hold no merit without proof. You can tell that Goku has universal + durability and then I can ask you to show me a feat of Goku surviving a universal level explosion, then you have to resort to one of the four I listed and then I could simply go to the manga(revival of F) and show you a scan where Goku admitted that he and Vegeta would die if the got hit by a no name ki blast from Beerus that wiped out a small sun. At that point my scan makes my statement more valid than yours because I showed you where the character himself admitted he would die. With that you'd have 2 options, either tell me that I've taken the scan out of context which I could easily refute by saying that we all know for a fact Goku does not lie. The second option would be to say that the scan itself has been mistranslated since most likely the scan online is a fan translation. Hope that explained it

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_dark_void said:
@dum529001 said:

They are invalid because there aren't feats to back up any claims to be made . Feats>all of these. Aside from that all of these are faulty because not only do different people get different things but it can be inconsistent and finally they hold no merit without proof. You can tell that Goku has universal + durability and then I can ask you to show me a feat of Goku surviving a universal level explosion, then you have to resort to one of the four I listed and then I could simply go to the manga(revival of F) and show you a scan where Goku admitted that he and Vegeta would die if the got hit by a no name ki blast from Beerus that wiped out a small sun. At that point my scan makes my statement more valid than yours because I showed you where the character himself admitted he would die. With that you'd have 2 options, either tell me that I've taken the scan out of context which I could easily refute by saying that we all know for a fact Goku does not lie. The second option would be to say that the scan itself has been mistranslated since most likely the scan online is a fan translation. Hope that explained it

• Not needed when Toriyama works with powerscaling most of the time.
  • True, but all of their powers come from chi, wich can be measured and brings a whole powerset along with it. To dumb it down, if character A can destroy a planet at a certain power level, so can character B, who dwarfs character's A power level.
  • No one ever said that.
  • And what's the problem with that?
  • Good to know, but i'm sure they were in base form when they said that.

And you still haven't given me a plausible explanation of why abc logic, powescaling and fan calcs should not be used.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_dark_void said:
@dum529001 said:

• Not needed when Toriyama works with powerscaling most of the time.
  • True, but all of their powers come from chi, wich can be measured and brings a whole powerset along with it. To dumb it down, if character A can destroy a planet at a certain power level, so can character B, who dwarfs character's A power level.
  • No one ever said that.
  • And what's the problem with that?
  • Good to know, but i'm sure they were in base form when they said that.

And you still haven't given me a plausible explanation of why abc logic, powescaling and fan calcs should not be used.

I just told you why they shouldn't be use but to simplify it, it's because they aren't reliable and because again hey can be contradicting as different thus contradictions are had and yes they were in "base" form when saying that BUT according to powerscaling and fan calcs, Goku's base form during his training after he absorbed God Ki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku ssj (Trunks saga)>> Goku ssj(planet Namek)>100% Frieza. Now using your second bulletin as an example Goku should be able to survive a planetary explosion simply because he's stronger than Frieza right? Well using that logic Goku(Whis training) should be able to easily survive some random ki blast that destroyed a small sun but through his own self admittance he would have died. That's why those shouldn't be used, how much more of an explanation can give you? Feats>everything. I can tell you right now that Bridget El Satellizer from Freezing is FTL but why should you believe me? Because I can give you a bunch of numbers from a random person like me, or because I said well this person can do this and she's stronger than this person so by the law of transverse that must mean that this character can do it too? No. They are two different characters and even if they use the same energy it doesn't mean they can do the same thing. A perfect example of this is Naruto. Naruto and Bee both use chakra and both are Jinchurriki but while Naruto can do just about everything Bee can, Bee has never shown the ability to cloak himself in gold like Naruto

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bingo!

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It was kinda' fluff, but I liked it well enough, it had kind of a reunion, nostalgia "get the band back together" feel to it.

I wasn't keen on the Vegeta moments, but Beerus/Buu and Pilaf and his gang scenes were cool.

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder:

it's because they aren't reliable

They are if you're paying attention to the context.

yes they were in "base" form when saying that BUT according to powerscaling and fan calcs, Goku's base form during his training after he absorbed God Ki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku ssj (Trunks saga)>> Goku ssj(planet Namek)>100% Frieza

Yeah, i forgot about that. But i still have proof there were no inconsistencies(gonna show them next..

Now using your second bulletin as an example Goku should be able to survive a planetary explosion simply because he's stronger than Frieza, right? Well using that logic Goku(Whis training) should be able to easily survive some random ki blast that destroyed a small sun but through his own self admittance he would have died.

You're taking that horribly out of context.

Both of them weren't combat ready, therefore, weren't using chi to enhance their durability. So yeah, that blast would totally have killed them at that moment. The third scan is there just to further support my point.

That's why those shouldn't be used, how much more of an explanation can give you?

No inconsistencies, no reason they shouldn't be used :)

Feats>everything.

AK works with powerscaling, wich is totally valid.

I can tell you right now that Bridget El Satellizer from Freezing is FTL but why should you believe me? Because I can give you a bunch of numbers from a random person like me, or because I said well this person can do this and she's stronger than this person so by the law of transverse that must mean that this character can do it too? No

If you can provide some kind evidence supported by elements of the story or the author himself stated it was FTL, i would totally believe you

They are two different characters and even if they use the same energy it doesn't mean they can do the same thing. A perfect example of this is Naruto. Naruto and Bee both use chakra and both are Jinchurriki but while Naruto can do just about everything Bee can, Bee has never shown the ability to cloak himself in gold like Naruto

You have to build a powerset around chakra, chi, however, alredy has a defined powerset alongside it.

You're yet to prove me wrong.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do people watch this crap and enjoy it?

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

DBZ has always been the shiz

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The humor fell flat a few times, but yeah, Beerus and Whis any characters introduced in the cell or buu saga(besides satan).

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do people watch this crap and enjoy it?

...How do you not enjoy this awesome? It's pure awesome!

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it really that good?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator
Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see you enjoyed it

Now I just hope they stop using the crappy video game cgi (which is what RoF did better, not by much, but it seemed better)

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers