Snow White and the Huntsman: What Did You Think?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BatWatch

I went into the theater expecting a mediocre movie, but I ended up liking it a lot. I don't feel like doing any big analysis, but I was curious what you guys thought.

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By stoneo

Very, very bad. I hated I waisted my money and time on it.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By The_Thunderer

@stoneo said:

Very, very bad. I hated I wasted my money and time on it.

Only good bit was charlize theron getting naked and even then we didn't see anything..

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Haven't seen it. I want some spoilers.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Snow White and Thor VS stupid ideas: the movie.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By KainScion

what range in her acting the chick from twilight has.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By cyberninja

By the looks of the trailer I knew it's going to suck. 

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By utotheg38

better than thor

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatWatch

@stoneo: @The_Thunderer: @CozyDaPrynce: @InnerVenom123: @KainScion: @cyberninja:

Wow! Obviously, I'm outvoted.

Here was my take on the movie:

Special effect were excellent. Set piece moments were very well executed. The visual designs were amazing from beginning to end. The plot was pretty good though it is based off a fairy tale everyone knows, so you can't expect much. The characters were mediocre. Kristen Stewart has the acting range of a wooden plank, but the other acting was solid. The witch was a very interesting villain. Action scenes were solid.

As far as spoilers,

there isn't much to spoil. It's based on a story everyone knows, but I guess there are a few things. The evil queen appears to have a sexual relationship with her brother. She steals the beauty of other girls by sucking it out of them. Snow White seems to have the mystical ability to bring life to things everywhere she goes, and she is an animal empath. Snow White falls in love with the Huntsman (who didn't see that coming?). Snow White's childhood friend isn't the Huntsman. The evil queen poses as the childhood friend, and she kisses Snow White in that guise then gives her the apple.

That's about it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@InnerVenom123 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Snow White and Thor VS stupid ideas: the movie.

Damn, Thor was powerless again? What did he do this time?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By KainScion

@utotheg38: -_o WHAT?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By utotheg38

@KainScion said:

@utotheg38: -_o WHAT?

No Caption Provided
oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oraclefyre

Kristen Stewart being more beautiful than Charlize Theron is absolute bull sh1t.

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks awful and people whose opinion I respect say it's awful so I'm gonna say it's awful.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It wasn't awful...just mediocre, I watched it using a free movie ticket I got, would never actually send money on it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Wasn't totally bad. The plot wasn't top notch but the CGI was pretty good and the fight scenes were okay. Not a memorable movie of any sort but wasn't in my Top 100 worst movies or in my Top 100 best movies. Just a "meh" movie.

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stoneo

Most of the people in it were bad actors, the pace of the film was all off, and the events in the film were unrealistic even for a fantasy movie. Also their is no way in the world that Kristen Stewart is equally (let alone more) beautiful than Charlize Theron.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By nefarious

It was boring.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Psy_

It was awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Punk_ said:

It was awesome.

Did you go watch it or something? Because your opinion on it 8 hours ago was it was awful.

I saw it and I think it is a 6/10 movie at best. It had a generic plot, horrible actors(with few exceptions), and a lot of plotholes. The only good thing about the movie was the special effects and the last 20 minutes of war. (and even those weren't that good)

And also the dwarves weren't played by midgets. What kind of B.S is that???

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Psy_
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That other guy is some idiot who copies my icons and sometimes profile pics, and insults me on my own blogs and deletes his comments before a mod sees them. He and another dolt do it.

Of course it had a generic plot, it was based on a fairytale, how more generic can you get?

I liked it because I liked it, and that's the only reason I need.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Punk_ said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That other guy is some idiot who copies my icons and sometimes profile pics, and insults me on my own blogs and deletes his comments before a mod sees them. He and another dolt do it. Of course it had a generic plot, it was based on a fairytale, how more generic can you get? I liked it because I liked it, and that's the only reason I need.

Oh, I see now. Shame on the impersonator!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Inverno

I think it was meh. I loved the first time I watched it but I realized it isn't very good the second time. Enjoyed some parts but the movie really drags on during the first act. Charlize Theron is both really hot and hammy specially when she is scolding her brother for letting Snow White get away. (YOU HAVE FAILED ME!!! WHERE IS SHE!!?!?). What really killed the movie for me was Kristen Stewart. She can't act and every time she smiles comes off as grimacing. The action scenes are good if a bit shaky and Thor is the best actor in that movie.

BTW my 2000th post!

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BatWatch

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@_Punk_ said:

It was awesome.

Did you go watch it or something? Because your opinion on it 8 hours ago was it was awful.

I saw it and I think it is a 6/10 movie at best. It had a generic plot, horrible actors(with few exceptions), and a lot of plotholes. The only good thing about the movie was the special effects and the last 20 minutes of war. (and even those weren't that good)

I haven't nitpicked any comments because I just wanted to get opinions, but I haven't seen people back up most of their criticisms. For instance, what plot holes? I can't think of any.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Inverno

@PsychoKnights said:

@_Punk_ said:

It was awesome.

I haven't nitpicked any comments because I just wanted to get opinions, but I haven't seen people back up most of their criticisms. For instance, what plot holes? I can't think of any.

Why does the Queen keeps Snow White alive in the tower if she had no compunctions about killing anyone who mildly annoy her? How does Snow White manages to outrun the entire guard if she spent most of her life locked in a tower? Why the Queen didn't send more than just her brother to kill Snow White?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Inverno

Also why the Queen have a exotic name while her brother is just... Finn? Why not something more like Hawke or Crowe?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Overall I really liked it. There were a couple little things that kept me from OMFG loving it....Kristen Stewart being the main one.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It has Kristen Stewart in it. For that reason alone I won't see it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

It has Kristen Stewart in it. For that reason alone I won't see it.

It also has Thor...so that somewhat makes up for it....

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BatWatch

@CaioTrubat said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@_Punk_ said:

It was awesome.

Why does the Queen keeps Snow White alive in the tower if she had no compunctions about killing anyone who mildly annoy her? How does Snow White manages to outrun the entire guard if she spent most of her life locked in a tower? Why the Queen didn't send more than just her brother to kill Snow White?

Good points all around, but I've been thinking about this since I read your comment this morning, and I have some thoughts.

Regarding keeping Snow White alive, I concede that this is a plot hole. I could make a case for the queen only killing those who were necessary to kill, but that argument would be pretty weak. It's PIS.

On the other hand, escaping the guards is not that much of a feat. First, Snow White's cell was plenty large enough for her to exercise and stay in great shape. We never saw her exercise, but that certainly doesn't mean she didn't do it. Second, she never really "outran" the guards. She stabbed the brother and locked him in a cell. That takes no real strength or much speed. She snuck through the castle until she reached a courtyard where she was spotted. She then, almost immediately, slid into a water drain where the soldiers did not or could not follow. Sliding is not really much of a feat. She walked through the sewers, rode a horse, then ran into the acid where she tripped over a puffy plant and tripped on LSD. Presumably, the guards were not willing to follow into the dark forest out of superstician.

As far as sending only her brother to capture Snow White, that simply isn't true. She originally appeared to have all her guards searching for him. When they tracked her to the dark forest, the queen sent about a dozen men, including the badass Thor and her brother, to capture her. Later in the movie, there appear to be another couple dozen who attack the women's town with the brother.

Now, I assume what you meant was why didn't the queen send all or at least many more of her soldiers after Snow White? While this wasn't explained in the movie, it seems to me that the obvious reason is that the Queen didn't want anybody to know who Snow White was. She wanted to keep it on the down low. If the soldier captured Snow White, she could easily say, "Hey, I'm the princess." The more that heard that, the more likely the word would get out, and the people would become disgruntled and the mishandling of the princess. Finally, remember that the brother nearly beat the Huntsman who was the movie's badass, so it is not as if the Queen sent some incompetent goof to find Snow White.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Although I haven't seen it, and I probably wont. Kristen stewart is a terrible actress so any movie she's in I don't watch.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GhostRider29

@stoneo said:

Very, very bad. I hated I waisted my money and time on it.

@Nefarious said:

It was boring.

These.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By HolySerpent

I neve see movies kristen in it... I wont be seeing this unless it hits netflixs