Skulduggery Pleasant: The Sparrow flies south for Winter

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Skulduggery Pleasant ended yesterday with the ninth and final book 'The Dying of the Light'.

I've followed the series for a number of years now, and I'm quite sad to see it go; so here's a thread to gush about the series, any unanswered questions or particular moments which struck a cord with people.

No Caption Provided

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally only read the first book about a week ago, no idea why I put it off for so long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd:

You should get right on with the rest of the series, it seriously doesn't drop in quality whatsoever.

Hell even the supplementary books are good.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21 said:

@swordmasterd:

You should get right on with the rest of the series, it seriously doesn't drop in quality whatsoever.

That's a relief but 1 thing that annoyed me was that stephanie was so useful during the book and then at the end she was suddenly acting like she couldn't do any thing. Heck the sceptre was dropped about 6 times she was the only person who could get it without triggering the alarm and she hesitates for no good reason each time and never gets it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21 said:

@swordmasterd:

That's a relief but 1 thing that annoyed me was that stephanie was so useful during the book and then at the end she was suddenly acting like she couldn't do any thing. Heck the sceptre was dropped about 6 times she was the only person who could get it without triggering the alarm and she hesitates for no good reason each time and never gets it

I haven't read the first book in a number of years, but in this scenario isn't Serpine wrecking pretty much everyone's face simultaneously?
I think you'd have to be a bit lenient given the fact that she's a twelve year old girl...

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By swordmasterD

@pwok21 said:

@swordmasterd said:

@pwok21 said:

@swordmasterd:

I haven't read the first book in a number of years, but in this scenario isn't Serpine wrecking pretty much everyone's face simultaneously?

I think you'd have to be a bit lenient given the fact that she's a twelve year old girl...

he left her for dead/not a threat and was busy. And there are plenty of 12 year olds in books who are not utterly useless

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read this series since I was 12, I'm 20 now and I loved the fact that it takes place in Dublin a lot of the time. I could tell my friends "I know that place!" I stopped on the one with the alternate timeline where the sorcerer's ruled. There were also a group of teens who got powers. How far behind am I?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

I read this series since I was 12, I'm 20 now and I loved the fact that it takes place in Dublin a lot of the time. I could tell my friends "I know that place!" I stopped on the one with the alternate timeline where the sorcerer's ruled. There were also a group of teens who got powers. How far behind am I?

iirc that was Kingdom of the Wicked, which was Book Seven.

We've just had Book Nine, which is the last one and it's what you would expect from a Skulduggery Pleasant book (Dark, Dry and Gorey) albeit ending fairly abruptly. I feel like I would've liked a bit more closure, plenty of characters left with ambiguous fates...
If you're up to Book Seven then I'd recommend finishing off the series, as the last few books are great with plenty of continuity nods.