OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By OracleX

I just have to share this it a long story but be patient:

I dreamed I was attending this boring research symposium where student stood next to their posters in the library. What was odd was that I saw student from my high school standing around. I saw the president of my college and was wondering how to approach him when I was still mad at him for kicking a grade out of a building. I then saw my U.S. History teacher from high school and I asked how he was and he said he was doing well and he was proud of his the accomplishments of his students and we made more small talk that I can't remember.

I woke up and remembered that this history teacher died last Tuesday.

You can see my blog on the afterlife but what I am curious about is, what do dreams tell us about ourselves ? Are the Freudian? It has nothing to do with Oedipus and more to do with how we describe the dream to other people. There are parts of my dream that I don't want to mention because they are tedious to explain. What about the concept of de ja vou? There are moments where I get the sensation that I dreamed about it just as I am about to experience it in real life. Dream researches say that part of the sleep cycle where your mind is the most at rest is when you dream, an that is why you don't remember dreams most of the time.

If I am being scientific about: My dream was an amalgam of a conference I attended and a benefit where I last met the teacher. What he said sounded a lot like a quite a quote I found in a yearbook.

Have fun writing your experience. Just please be nice.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By PowerHerc

About a month or so after my Father died I had a random meeting with him in a dream.

We spoke, though very briefly, and he was happy. The whole thing seemed very real and I felt (and still feel) lucky to have "seen" him one more time.

I miss him still. Always will.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By _Sojourn_

Most dreams don't mean anything, but some do... 

Today I had a dream that a Murkrow was attacking little white kids... 

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nick_hero22
@Slight
lol