#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, The Walking Dead's third season is good and all so far, but Showtime also has two absolutely fantastic programs that night as well. Discuss the latest episodes of Dexter and Homeland here.

Staff
#2 Posted by superstay (9928 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

I've been watching Dexter and its awesome (IMO), I can't for this season to unfold

d^_^b

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I stopped watching Dexter after the last season. Kinda got bored.

Is Homeland any good?

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Is Homeland any good?

The last season was really mediocre but don't let that turn you off to the show.  This season is a huge improvement so far. 

Yes, Homeland is very good but if you're going to dive into it I highly recommend watching the first season. 
Staff
#5 Posted by Strider92 (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Is Homeland any good?

The last season was really mediocre but don't let that turn you off to the show. This season is a huge improvement so far.

Yes, Homeland is very good but if you're going to dive into it I highly recommend watching the first season.

I agree I have been really impressed with this season of Dexter.

Whats Homeland? I've never heard of it O.O.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Is Homeland any good?

The last season was really mediocre but don't let that turn you off to the show. This season is a huge improvement so far.

Yes, Homeland is very good but if you're going to dive into it I highly recommend watching the first season.

I agree I have been really impressed with this season of Dexter.

Whats Homeland? I've never heard of it O.O.

Staff
#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense but Dexter's been stale for a few seasons now. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I absolutely despise Deb's character and have since the start, she's completely worthless and is an example of bad writing trying to elevate a character who should have either been killed off or remained what she was, a simple police officer (even that is pushing it). Her character really has shown little to no development and growth, still living in Dexter's shadow. I could literally go on and on regarding her character.

As far as Homeland, it's about time for the Brody story-line to come to an end, no? They really stretched it out and I'm surprised it's in season 2. Plenty of other ways to go.

Off topic, but did anyone ever catch Brotherhood, it used to be on Showtime as well?

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I like the look of this. I'll give it a shot!

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15

No offense but Dexter's been stale for a few seasons now.  

OFFENSE TAKEN.  HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION?!  The last season was all kinds of "meh" but the cliffhanger pulled me back in. 

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I absolutely despise Deb's character and have since the start 

Not so sure if you're the minority with this one.  I know quite a few people who don't like her.

she's completely worthless and is an example of bad writing trying to elevate a character who should have either been killed off or remained what she was, a simple police officer (even that is pushing it). Her character really has shown little to no development and growth, still living in Dexter's shadow. 

I agree she's never truly excelled at her profession and Dexter has been the one helping her along the way (as bluntly and powerfully pointed out by him in the latest episode).  Despite this, she's grown a good deal when it comes to her confidence and ambition.  Also, her... colorful... vocabulary always amuses and because of the former issues we've pointed out, that helps me sympathize with her. 

As far as Homeland, it's about time for the Brody story-line to come to an end, no? They really stretched it out and I'm surprised it's in season 2. Plenty of other ways to go.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here.  I thought the ending for S1 was quite satisfying and the payoff with her finally discovering she was right was an incredibly powerful scene for me.

And no, I haven't watched Brotherhood.
Staff
#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

.My apologizes, I should have been more clear. It's not that I don't love Brody, it's just how much longer can they drag it out? The season 1 finale was all kinds of awesome.

As far as Deb, she's a main character who's not really essential to the show, at all (though I guess this probably applies to everyone outside of Dexter). Everyone knows that Dexter has carried her, and I literally LOL'd when she was promoted to Lieutenant, as if their police force wasn't inept enough. I'm sure I'm being too hard on her, but an immature character who has the standing she does just strikes me as odd and unbelievable :\

I loved the first few seasons, it was more raw and gritty. Dexter's dad understood that you can't/shouldn't try to change him, but rather direct his dark gifts toward the greater good. Dexter's eliminating the scum of the Earth yet everyone wants to stop or help him. Deb is in the perfect spot to assist Dexter rather than try to stop him, why not step up the criminals and give Dex prep files?

#11 Edited by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15: No need to apologize, it was clear.  Well, they should address Brody after Season 1's conclusion and so far that's moving along quite well IMHO.  It has me especially curious to see how things will end for him.   

Dexter's eliminating the scum of the Earth yet everyone wants to stop or help him. Deb is in the perfect spot to assist Dexter rather than try to stop him, why not step up the criminals and give Dex prep files? 

It's the very same reason why heroes are often at odds with The Punisher.  While killing the blatant bad guys seems like a logical choice, it's a moral issue that not everyone agrees on.  And if you're current with the show, it seems like their relationship might take a more collaborative turn.
Staff
#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15: No need to apologize, it was clear. Well, they should address Brody after Season 1's conclusion and so far that's moving along quite well IMHO. It has me especially curious to see how things will end for him.

Dexter's eliminating the scum of the Earth yet everyone wants to stop or help him. Deb is in the perfect spot to assist Dexter rather than try to stop him, why not step up the criminals and give Dex prep files?

It's the very same reason why heroes are often at odds with The Punisher. While killing the blatant bad guys seems like a logical choice, it's a moral issue that not everyone agrees on. And if you're current with the show, it seems like their relationship might take a more collaborative turn.

Exactly, I like his character and everything but it has to come to an end.

Let's just say I'm a big fan of the Punisher's work. ;)

#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

Er....mah....gerd. Both episodes were amazing last night.

Staff
#14 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet you watch The Walking Dead too....

#15 Edited by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

@LONGTIME said:

I bet you watch The Walking Dead too....

Yes, I do. Problem? Sure, it's by no means one of the best shows around, but it's still entertaining and this season has really picked up in quality over last season.

Staff
#16 Posted by longbowhunter (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

I've watched Dexter since season 3. Haven't checked out Homeland. Loved Mandy Patinkin in Dead Like Me. May give it a go.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

I've watched Dexter since season 3. Haven't checked out Homeland. Loved Mandy Patinkin in Dead Like Me. May give it a go.

Did you ever dive back into season 1 and 2?

Staff
#18 Posted by longbowhunter (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Let me rephrase. I started watching Dexter when season 3 was still on, but I started at the beginning. So yeah I've seen every season in order. 1, 3 and 4 have been my favorite seasons, but this one is shaping up to be pretty good as well. The last two seasons had become pretty formula. With Deb finding out Dexter's secret the show feels like its taking risks again.

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

Stellar episodes from both shows last night.  Who else watched?

Staff
#20 Posted by Strider92 (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I caught Dexter. Haven't watched Homeland yet.

Issak is one BAMF!

#21 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Yvonne Strahovshi is so beautiful.

Ray Stevenson is one of my favorite actors. So much gravitas whenever he is on the screen.

I really can't wait for the Dexter Issak showdown. Physically, Isaak may be Dexter's most threatening bigbad yet!

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, Dexter...

Staff
#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew he wasnt going to kill her, just had a feeling. He's got a thing for women who kill. Dexter is slowly slipping from calculating killer of killers, to full on serial killer. In the end, like the end end, either Dexter kills Morgan, or she kills him. They cant go back and they cant co-exist.

#24 Posted by Strider92 (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

So he didn't kill Hannah and now he seems to take her side!? Really Dexter.....

#25 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Brody is being so underused (or overused), his character is just not being used properly, yeah that word is better. This season is moving along so fast.

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15: It looks like Brody will play a much more significant role in the next episode.  

Staff
#27 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

Do you think he's being misused? I just feel like he's doing all this small time stuff that's putting his life at risk, we never saw Jack Bauer doing things that other agents could easily do. Brody's the best, and while I want to see him involved I just think that he should be saved for the most important/difficult assignments.

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15: No, I don't think he's being misused.  Right now he's their only link to the alleged upcoming attack.  They need him for everything possible, whether it's something small like looking at a picture or far bigger.  I'd say even having him talk to his source about the unidentified guy is a big risk -- and based on the preview, it's going to get far more dangerous for him. 
Staff
#29 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

Last week's Dexter really pissed me off, seriously?? he didn't kill her?? jeez. And I'm getting tired of Deb having a love interest every season, like in Seinfeld when Jerry had a different girlfriend every episode.

#30 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Carrie's a bit of a freak, locking lips with Brody constantly.

#31 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Hey man, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Staff
#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

<3 Ray Stevenson

Staff
#33 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Brody's losing it, dude needs to be in therapy. The things he has seen/done...

#34 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter had the worst finale ever...

#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (45575 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Dexter's finale was definitely underwhelming. Oh well.

Staff