Should we BOYCOTT 2017 "Wonder Woman" movie just because ISRAELI actress is in the title role?

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Bullsh*t.......

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52 Lunacyde  Moderator

Ummm....no?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Rubear

Are you nazi? %) I ask that because i really hate nazis.
Hell, i heard that Hitler considered brits kinda his teachers, especially in colonial policy part with Britain India as example. I just thought that now brits are multiculturalists to the point of future Londonabad. But it seems that some things are unchangable.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I couldn't care less where she is from, all I am interested in is her capability as an actress.

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious as to the chemistry between Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot on set in light of Affleck's support of defending Islam.

I think Ben got a lot of flak for this with the islamaphobia that's been rampant since the war started.

Loading Video...

lol The Batman standing up for the little guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do believe I've face palmed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Govt. should start hanging people for publicly expressing stupidity without an excuse for such stupidity. Thats what we need to get a petition to start..

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Hey I'd pay to see Gadot do to Affleck what Lucy did to Bill Murray in the set of Charlie's Angels. :P

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SheenLantern

The level of ignorance in this thread must be some kind of world record. Yes Israel "have done something wrong", no they are not "just defending themselves" and yes, the lead actress being a war crime and genocide apologist are just grounds for boycotting a film.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Axelroq

@sheenlantern said:

The level of ignorance in this thread must be some kind of world record. Yes Israel "have done something wrong", no they are not "just defending themselves" and yes, the lead actress being a war crime and genocide apologist are just grounds for boycotting a film.

I don't know why I find this funny, but when ignorant pro Israel SJW's says Palestine and Gaza hide behind women and children, one wonders how that's gonna help in anyway when Israel is notorious for the use of heavy artillery not designed for precision strikes and similar volley's of missiles (especially near humanitarian sites and shelters).

If an Islam state did what Israel is doing it'd be terrorism, just shows you the world is f*c#3d up or ignorant or both.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamas are terrorists. Even if Israel did somethings wrong (Which they didn't, well, no more than any other government), that's not a good enough reason to side with terrorists.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SheenLantern

@superadam: The definition of a terrorist is someone who attacks civilians for political gain. Israel was doing this to Palestine decades before Hamas even existed. In fact, it was in response to Israel's illegal occupation and domination of Palestine that Hamas was created. Fight fire with fire and all that.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I usually ignore or laugh trolls off, but this post actually makes me angry.

Why can't I flag it?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#weareright directly above #coexistance, heh, talk about mix signals.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bruxae said:

Why can't I flag it?

I don't think you can flag blogs. Also, I think a mod already posted in here without shutting it down.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rubear

@sheenlantern: so current Ukraine government are terrorists as well as US, as well as other states that took part in bombardments of Jugoslavia with radioactive bombs and later in other dirty deals of US in Middle East, yeah?)
I approve you logic even if it is misguided in case of film.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@makhai said:

@bruxae said:

Why can't I flag it?

I don't think you can flag blogs. Also, I think a mod already posted in here without shutting it down.

Didnt realise it was a blog, that's too bad. He would probably have been flag banned by now. Thanks!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Eisenfauste

SJW exibit A ladies and gentleman

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: It's a simple process, just ask "are they attacking civilians, or civilian settlements for political gain?". It's not subjective. It's not open to interpretation. The word has a clearly defined meaning.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sure, do whatever you want.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

SJW exibit A ladies and gentleman

Err...What?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Should we boycott a comic book adventure movie based on the nationality of an actress?? I don't want to read anymore. I don't want to live in an echo chamber, but I'm also not going to subject myself to the rhetoric of racists, homophobes, nationalists, or Rob Liefeld fans.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: It's a simple process, just ask "are they attacking civilians, or civilian settlements for political gain?". It's not subjective. It's not open to interpretation. The word has a clearly defined meaning.

Yes, they are... That's there modus operandi.
However i don't think that the films about fictional universes should be boycotted because of some political ideas or origins of actors and actresses. Сutlets separately, flies separately, no? War between Israel and Palestina is a long one and in long wars people tend to forget why it even started, ecpecially if they've only part of the picture. She thinks that Israel army is just defending Israel, Promised Land of jews. Who are you or me to judge her? Just humans.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neghead said:

Should we boycott a comic book adventure movie based on the nationality of an actress?? I don't want to read anymore. I don't want to live in an echo chamber, but I'm also not going to subject myself to the rhetoric of racists, homophobes, nationalists, or Rob Liefeld fans.

You had to go there.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And another thing too- say what you will about the other countries- none is them is under investigation and possible indictment by the ICC (International Criminal Court)-as of next Wednesday the PA(Palestinian Authority) is due to formally join the ICC. It so happens that I myself have always had a soft spot for "Wonder Woman"( or atleast the 1970s version played by Lynda Carter) so I may go and see the film myself but if the axe falls on Ms Gadot's country in the shape of formal indictment by the time it comes out then I may not!

Just going to leave this here, in terms of countries under investigation and possible indictment by the ICC.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux said:

We can literally not have anything without it being a social issue.

Gone are the times when people just went "meh, who cares". I miss the the 90's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

You should not go see it because they didn't cast Lynda Carter as Hippolyta.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, maybe not.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does she even agree with her gov? By that logic i should boycott every United Statien films... Cause well... you know... The massacre they do and stuf...

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Why can't I flag it?

Cause you have no heaarrrtttttttt! Your not human.

Pilasy::La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: It's the context. Considering Israel's recent bombing of schools and hospitals she's very bold (and that's putting it nicely) for saying such things about Hamas...

It's like not expecting ridicule after you mock the people who were under carpet bombing that's killed innocent civilians.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wtf?!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lunacyde  Moderator

@axelroq said:

@rouflex: It's the context. Considering Israel's recent bombing of schools and hospitals she's very bold (and that's putting it nicely) for saying such things about Hamas...

It's like not expecting ridicule after you mock the people who were under carpet bombing that's killed innocent civilians.

So because Israel is wrong that automatically makes HAMAS right? What a load of crock. They're both responsible for countless innocent lives being lost. There is no right here, they are both wrong and taking sides like this only perpetuates the problem.

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Axelroq

@lunacyde: I'm neutral and I don't support Hamas, and the conflicting parties have both messed up if you look at the history. It's one of the side effects of religion, unfortunately. I never said Hamas is right. You're climbing up the wrong tree here.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I have to boycott movies because I disagree with the personal opinions of any person working on them.

I don't gotz much gewd movies to watch no mores... :(

Awwz...

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By JulieDC

Can't boycott a movie I had no interest in seeing anyways. That's all I really have to say on the subject.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Lunacyde  Moderator

@axelroq: You said she was bold for saying such things about Hamas, but everything she said is true....it just so happens she's ignorant to the fact her country is doing the same damn thing. Then again a lot of us have a hard time being impartial towards their own country's actions.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

-.-

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#93  Edited By dngn4774

*Reads OP*

No Caption Provided
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should not go see it because they didn't cast Lynda Carter as Hippolyta.

:O

Omg. That would be like, too epic for words. Or pics. Or memes or GIFs and whathaveyou.

Now I'm going to obsess about this.

Axelroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Axelroq

@lunacyde: If she didn't mention the "women and children" propaganda slogan, it would just be a citizen showing her patriotism and there wouldn't be any problem, but she had to go there. Her PR agent is probably getting a earful from the studio for the affect it may have on $ales.

Do yourself a favor and stop making straw man arguments. I don't condone my own countries acts that are by definition classified as terrorism. I'm aware the CIA and the military are no innocent lambs. Hell we raised and trained the folks who planned and brought down the twin towers.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do people think this way?

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#97  Edited By redhood21

I think it's refreshing to see somebody in Hollywood show some nationalism. After doing a couple papers on Hamas and the constant conflict over yander....I'm in her corner anyway.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Criminy. Are these threads a cry for help?

What's next, are you gonna talk about putting people in camps and executing them because of their ethnicity before asking us "if we think as you do?" F*** no! I'd hope most of us use mother****ing common sense.

Here's some advice from Abraham Lincoln, Op.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@ms-lola: I was so hoping for a cameo or something..I mean the woman is still flawless.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's illogical.