Should Thor turn into Rune King Thor for Thor 3 Ragnorak?

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Even if it is a temporarily boost in power and Thor enters the Odin-Sleep only to return later, I think it's the best story for Marvel to incorporate. That particular story was extremely dark and extremely sad. I'm not one to get sappy over reading a comic book but that particular Thor story made me a little sappy. Odin is dead, all of Thor's friends are killed, Asgard is in ruins and Loki is enjoying it. Further-more, Surtur could also play a role in the movie and perhaps be the final show down.

Thor 3 Ragnorak needs to live up to the expectations and I think this is the best way for them to do it.

Thoughts?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes RKT is one of the coolest characters ever

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as they seem to be taking a more mystical approach to Thor in AoU I could see them going in that direction in Thor 3. More with visions and going down the path of the runes.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only to defeat whatever threat arises. I don't want a Skyfather Thor in Infinity Wars.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes yes and more yes

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3

If only to defeat whatever threat arises. I don't want a Skyfather Thor in Infinity Wars.

He could be the main hero to go against Thanos. Everyone plays their part, and when all hope seems lost, BOOM RK Thor ex machina.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Noone301994

@comicace3: Ehhh, I would rather have it be a group effort instead of giving Thor the spotlight.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor enters the Odinsleep after stopping The Ragnorak, and he loses his powers. This is essentially a key point at keeping Thor's power boost only limited to that particular movie and not getting involved with The Infinity War.

Surtur is probably the only real enemy in the Thor Universe that could live up to the hype of Marvel Cinema. He's dark, looks like Satan and is extremely powerful.

Rune King Thor is basically the complete opposite of normal Thor. He didn't give a damn about anything and only did what he thought was right.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: idk about all that happening but i have heard thor will go warriors madness in Thor Ragnorak.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: idk about all that happening but i have heard thor will go warriors madness in Thor Ragnorak.

Where did you hear that?

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they need him to fight thanoes

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@comicace3: Ehhh, I would rather have it be a group effort instead of giving Thor the spotlight.

I would rather give Thor the spot light myself. He deserves it, seeing as how much Marvel has been jobbing him lately.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

I would rather give Thor the spot light myself. He deserves it, seeing as how much Marvel has been jobbing him lately.

If anyone is gonna get the spotlight its going to be hulk or ironman. Hulk allways gets shown making jokes out of the main villians and Tony is the most popular avenger. I can imagone thor, hulk, and ironman teaming up to fight thanos 3 on 1 and possibly winning though. I just feel thanos is going to be so nerfed that he cant take on all the avengers at once byhimself.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Claymore1998

@noone301994 said:

He could be the main hero to go against Thanos. Everyone plays their part, and when all hope seems lost, BOOM RK Thor ex machina.

Given it seem Thanos will eventually have the whole IG that might not be enough.

Back to the thread, I am a huge fan of the Ragnarok story arc but it would not really be applicable here. There was a lot done to set up the arc for about 2 years so that's not something the movie can replicate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that is how the story went. They might not want to go that route or may not want to make that thor that powerful. Otherwise people would wonder why thor doesn't find a way to regain that power when Thanos comes around, unless they come up with a way to destroy the power. I do think there will be some sort of power up though. Yes Thor is the most powerful asgardian but if surtur can kill every asgardian Thor shouldn't just be able to solo him.

Also if Thanos cannot solo the entire avengers by himself then I will consider him a waste. I think he will though, ultron already could almost do it

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There hasn't really been any build up to that, which would make it kind of random and be less substantial. Also I can't see a Thor movie ever doing anything cool like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

"Also I can't see a Thor movie ever doing anything cool like that."

A very good point. Thor movies can't do anything right

lettsplay10

Forum Posts