Should there be a "maximum" wage law?

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Minimum? Yes. Maximum? No. A minimum wage serves a purpose in saying "Alright, this is the minimum amount you can pay a person because we don't want people to basically be doing slave labor for pennies when there is no other option." Ever since FDR was present we had that because people like Rockefeller were taking advantage of people to make profit. However, there should not be a maximum wage for one reason if not the others specified by those who also agree with me: If I'm an employer, I should have the right to pay my employees as much as I want. If I personally want to make myself bankrupt paying my top employee 400k a year, that's my choice, not the governments. I do, however, believe there should be a maximum wage for congressmen, given they can increase their own pay check any time they want as much as they want.

What's you guy's opinion?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

For congressmen? Yeah.

In general? No way Jose

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactived-1352151

Absolutely Minimum Wage Sucks.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

You do know Rockefeller was dead before FDR became president right? The presidency you are most likely referring to is Teddy Roosevelt. He was the one who signed into law the Anti-Trust act, which fought against the monopolies established by people like Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, etc.

Also, congressmen can't increase their own paychecks. The majority of the wealth congressmen have is independent from their government jobs. You have to be rich already to be part of Congress, given the expenses associated with running for office.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SheenLantern

I like how people keep trying to fix the symptoms of a capitalist society rather than the causes.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Bruxae

The problem is not CEO's over paying their employees, its that CEO's overpay themselves.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By laflux

@bruxae said:

The problem is not CEO's over paying their employees, its that CEO's overpay themselves.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want a higher minimum wage, expect prices around them to go up, Seattle did it go check on their prices.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bruxae said:

Yes. This.

I like how people keep trying to fix the symptoms of a capitalist society rather than the causes.

Very much this as well.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I aant to make as much money as i can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points