Should Thanksgiving be removed as a holiday?

• 76 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

modernww2fare  Online

Poll Should Thanksgiving be removed as a holiday? (81 votes)

Yes 14%
No 86%

Should Thanksgiving be removed as a holiday?

• 
Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By dernman

@rouflex: eeww Love your own throne you filthy human and leave this dog alone.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm no school...wtf ?

Do you want to go to school...nerd!

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@edblank: Because it's annoying hearing about how all white Americans should feel guilty for something they had nothing to do with. Also, they didn't have the intent to wipe them out. That is a huge misconception and oversimplified summation of hundreds of years of events.

Sorry you're so very annoyed. Have you ever considered being polite and keeping your annoyances to yourself when they concern something that is very personal to someone else? I could see if we were talking skinny jeans but this subject is very heavy to some - not to you of course. What's wrong with just letting them express themselves? Why are you the annoyance police who's job it is to interrupt with something heartless?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dernman
@edblank said:
@noone301994 said:

@edblank: Because it's annoying hearing about how all white Americans should feel guilty for something they had nothing to do with. Also, they didn't have the intent to wipe them out. That is a huge misconception and oversimplified summation of hundreds of years of events.

Sorry you're so very annoyed. Have you ever considered being polite and keeping your annoyances to yourself when they concern something that is very personal to someone else? I could see if we were talking skinny jeans but this subject is very heavy to some - not to you of course. What's wrong with just letting them express themselves? Why are you the annoyance police who's job it is to interrupt with something heartless?

Soooo basically shut up and don't express yourself because only these other people can express themselves. derp

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@edblank: Soooo basically shut up and don't express yourself, only these other people get to expressing themselves. derp

That's not what I said.

Please answer the direct question:

When it's an issue that's very serious to someone and you have nothing to add besides "I am sick of hearing about this", wouldn't it be more polite to just stay out of it?

That's the question right there ^^^

Here's some more commentary: if it was cancer victims there would be no question of whether one should bite one's tongue EVEN IF one were tired of hearing about breast cancer. You wouldn't even think to do anything except maybe leave the room in this case.

What you guys do is straight up attack anytime someone brings up slavery or genocide. If your position is "I wasn't there" then why be so quick to attack? From our point of view you are defending the slave owners and the genocidal - which si what you're doing without having the guts to come out and do it.

I have no illusion that I will convince you to be a reasonable human being that has compassion, but maybe someone else is reading who is on the fence.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dernman

@edblank: No it's not because it expresses the fact and feeling that sometimes these thing either go to far or are coming from nothing. You're the one inferring it doesn't mean anything to the poster. The issue of white guilt among others obviously is an issue for him which he has a problem with and he expressed it. Would you have a problem if someone created a thread that was racist and another poster said "I'm sick of hearing this"? No you wouldn't because the relevant difference in the two is something you agree with.

So again it just comes back to the same point I made before

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I don't wear any shoes... Thanks for the advice.

Ps:Its snowing outside.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: HA! You got arrested for animal cruelty.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Just don't celebrate it if you have an issue with it lol

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@edblank said:
@noone301994 said:

Soooo basically shut up and don't express yourself because only these other people can express themselves. derp

Lmao, this ^

I'm wrong because my opinion offends someone. I'm sorry. Your right to NOT be offended is higher than my right to express myself.

Loading Video...

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@edblank said:
@noone301994 said:

Lmao, this ^

I'm wrong because my opinion offends someone. I'm sorry. Your right to NOT be offended is higher than my right to express myself.

Loading Video...

Of course you can say what you want.

I am asking

Why do you have to make sure to say it in the most hurtful way possible?

Why do you go out of your way to belittle issues that mean a lot to others?

If you made some kind of meaningful statement that would be one thing, but you turn to this schoolyard bullying type of posture.

These are all rhetorical questions. The answer, of course, is that you really think it's funny and you have no compassion for anyone that is not part of your demographic.

The best part is: all these enemies that you imagine that you have would not think twice about you if you weren't out there shouting them down. If you just leave people alone you'd probably never hear from them.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Why would it be removed? I'd think Christmas would be removed first

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By dernman

@rouflex: You're bad at life. Get back in your cell inmate 121519518.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No, and if you come for my pumpkin pie, so help me god, I'll cut you.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanksgiving seems to bother guilty white people way more than it does Native Americans, my grandpa was a Ute and it was his favorite holiday.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Straight-Fire

@ccraft said:

@dboyrules2011: You shouldn't be hating on American Thanksgiving!

And you shouldn't be defending it either. >:)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its actually kind of funny that white guilt makes people assume that getting rid of Thanksgiving would do anything to change what happened when white people settled here. Also, despite the myth, Thanksgiving doesn't have s**t to do with pilgrims and Indians. It didn't even exist until the Lincoln administration, over 200 years after the pilgrims landed. The pilgrim crap was tossed in later.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: It wasn't my intention to say it in the most hurtful way possible (I still don't even see what the big deal was about my initial statement). Even if it was hurtful, I don't really care. I do find it funny though how everyone blindly follows and believes this anti-white narrative that puts every European-American in this racist and sexist category of history. We should ALL feel guilty because our ancestors ALL owned slaves (even though a very small population of Americans did and we weren't even the first ones to do it), we should ALL feel guilty because ALL our ancestors were 'genocidal maniacs' who intentionally tried to kill off all Native Americans (even though it was the governments, not the common people, who broke the treaties with the Native Americans which caused them to retaliate against Americans and start wars and despite the fact that back then people tried to assimilate Native Americans into Western life instead of killing them off). My initial statement wasn't trying to make light of what the Native Americans went through, but saying that all white people or Americans are guilty of genocide or they have blood on their hands or even saying that the intention was to wipe them out, is just ridiculous.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: ya know.. Your latest response was pretty thoughtful. Way less callous.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More time off? Ha! won't see me complaining.

That's really all it comes down to for me.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Nope. It's a day where loved ones get together with good food and give thanks for what they've been blessed with.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers