Should some sites even allow people to review products?

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Neverpraying

I browse reviews sometimes to see people's opinions, and well a lot of them are just garbage. Example I recently bought Batwoman Elegy and there was a review on Amazon for it that called the Art work really bad...I know people have there opinions but have you guys seen the art work? Also it's the same thing for like nearly every single other product. Half the reviews are people basically trolling. Maybe I'm just stuck up and don't see the value of people's criticism. Most of it just infuriating tho. Also yes I can take some negative criticism, but that things like calling the Art that J.H. Williams does for Batwoman bad seems well I don't know wrong? What is the Vine's opinion?

Btw the person that said the art is bad said they liked J.H. Williams art in general that just thought the art he did for Batwoman is awful...Which personally when I opened the book my brain about exploded from the amount of awesome that was put into the art.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gravitypress

That's the problem with a subjective thing like artwork it depends on the viewer.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Neverpraying

@gravitypress said:

That's the problem with a subjective thing like artwork it depends on the viewer.

I don't understand it tho.

Also it's not just the Artwork there are a lot of other stupid reviews, like a lot of movies and video games get 0/10 from like 20% of people at least.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

@Neverpraying said:

@gravitypress said:

Also it's not just the Artwork there are a lot of other stupid reviews, like a lot of movies and video games get 0/10 from like 20% of people at least.

Like gravitypress said, art is extremely subjective. I don't really agree with banning people from reviewing products, because the person/people you mentioned may very well just be trolls. If not, they may genuinely not like the artwork, because, again, it's subjective. What one person may find to be gold, another will find to be trash. It's inevitable.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Neverpraying

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@gravitypress said:

Like gravitypress said, art is extremely subjective. I don't really agree with banning people from reviewing products, because the person/people you mentioned may very well just be trolls. If not, they may genuinely not like the artwork, because, again, it's subjective. What one person may find to be gold, another will find to be trash. It's inevitable.

The reason why I say not letting people review stuff would be best is because it would save a lot of disputes and what not. As well as time.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@Neverpraying said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@gravitypress said:

The reason why I say not letting people review stuff would be best is because it would save a lot of disputes and what not. As well as time.

That'd work, but you'd have the flipside of now robbing true fans of their ability to give their piece. I don't think a few snotnosed trolls or naysayers should ruin the fun of the fans.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Neverpraying

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@gravitypress said:

That'd work, but you'd have the flipside of now robbing true fans of their ability to give their piece. I don't think a few snotnosed trolls or naysayers should ruin the fun of the fans.

True I guess. My personal issue is I doubt my self so much and my opinion and any value it holds. So if someone says something I like is bad it renders me confused.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

@Neverpraying said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Neverpraying said:

@gravitypress said:

True I guess. My personal issue is I doubt my self so much and my opinion and any value it holds. So if someone says something I like is bad it renders me confused.

Dunno how to help you with that, unfortunately. I've learned over time that my opinion is what it is, and just because people have contradicting opinions, doesn't mean they're always right.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

People are dumb, but that's just how it is.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I don't pay attention to reviews unless it's a matter of performance, not artistic. Computers and tech reviews are important. Or how durable a product is, like sword or a desk, etc. But things like "this or that is ugly" are subjective. I often don't read reviews for things like that - unless I read them after watching/reading what they reviewed just for a laugh.