Should it matter if your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife was a transgendered?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Should it matter if your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife was a transgendered? (152 votes)

Yes 66%
No 17%
Depends on situation 13%
Maybe 5%

So I was having a discussion with a classmate about Transgender people, and that for me at least, I would ONLY date an individual that was BORN female (for many reasons, but mainly that I want children). However, I was attacked by the student, calling me a "bigot" and stating it doesn't matter what they were. "All that matter is what they are now." I have noticed that a lot of other people share this sentiment, and with the growing numbers of Trans, its actually getting harder to tell who's who? So my question is if you found out the girl/boy you were dating was born the opposite sex, how would you react? Would you care? Would you break up? Would you react in anger?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. When I learned one of my friends is trans, I didn't stop thinking of her as a woman.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I'm honestly not sure, but I'd like to think it wouldn't matter to me. It would definitely hit me a little bit in that I want kids someday, but there are other ways to raise a family than the old fashioned way. I just try to be open and accepting of people's feelings about who they are. If they want to identify themselves as another gender, so be it. I don't think I'll ever understand how that feels, but I can try my best to empathize with how that internal struggle must feel.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

No. When I learned one of my friends is trans, I didn't stop thinking of her as a woman.

That's a completely different situation.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'd be more angry that they didn't tell me.

It depends on if they have gone through surgery for one thing as well. I mean if they're attractive to where I didn't tell they were at first, then probably, but to be completely honest I wouldn't know unless in the heat of the moment.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Speaking as a transwoman, this is a pretty tricky subject because I've found that most people can't always uncross the lines that form in their head.

If you want to be in a relationship with someone who can have biological children with you, and your (trans) partner is unable to do that with you, then yes, you're well within your rights to try to find a different partner that better fits your desires -- the same way you would if your partner was cisgender but naturally barren/sterile. That doesn't make your partner any less of a man or woman, but it may mean that you aren't compatible.

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, for the same reason it's OK to be trans or gay. You get to decided what you like and no one else can say other wise.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It matters to most people.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna sound very rude, But if someone tells me they used to have a penis no matter what I will imagine a ghost penis. Like even with size D breast and the best plastic surgery ghost penis will always be there. So sexually yea but as a person no.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't understand your reasoning. Being "born female" doesn't mean that a person can have children. Lot's of ciswomen can't have kids for many reason. You yourself might not be able to have children via sex. Would you break off with a ciswomen if you found out that she was infertile or couldn't get pregnant, or didn't want to get pregnant?

As for the question. No. It wouldn't matter to me. A person is a person. If I'm in a relationship with them, obviously I deeply care for them. What they're reproductive organs are or used to be or whether they can reproduce isn't something that make suddenly stop loving them.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joygirl

@leo-343 said:

Lol, can't think of anyone who would have sexual contact with a transgender if they know they used to have a d!ck or vagina. It's not harsh or transphobic it's just the truth. Sure I'll be friends with a transgender, I'm not prejudice, but having one as a partner and therefore having sex with, would never happen in a million years.

Best Comedy of 2016

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@joygirl: This is in no way meant to offend, I have the utmost support for you and commend you for being open with who you are, especially online with the trolls.

But how does not wanting to have sex with a transgender person make you prejudice?

EDIT: An example: It's like not finding a particular race attractive, thus not wanting to have sex with them, it doesn't make you a racist, it's just the way you feel about attractiveness.

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Not liking doesn't mean you fear them, so it's not Trans phobic

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red king: @the-seeffiss17:

@leo-343 said:

Lol, can't think of anyone who would have sexual contact with a transgender if they know they used to have a d!ck or vagina. It's not harsh or transphobic it's just the truth. Sure I'll be friends with a transgender, I'm not prejudice, but having one as a partner and therefore having sex with, would never happen in a million years.

You can't see anything transphobic about that statement?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

If it looks like a chick, talks like a chick, acts like a chick, and think it's a chick, then I don't care; I'm smashing.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: This is in no way meant to offend, I have the utmost support for you and commend you for being open with who you are, especially online with the trolls.

But how does not wanting to have sex with a transgender person make you prejudice?

He didn't say "I wouldn't want to have sex with a transgender person." I'm okay with that. Everyone can do whatever they please.

When you say "I can't think of a single person who would have sexual contact with a transgender person," that is seriously immensely messed up. Try replacing that sentence with "black" and see if it sounds racist to you.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@joygirl: Fair point, I can see how the wording could be offensive. I just took the message at face value as not being Transphobic

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Red King

@leo-343: It's kind of hypocritical if you think about it, LGBT people can feel how ever they like which is fair I agree they deserve but, the minute someone says like "I don't like it." or "It makes me unconformable" You're a wrong, cruel, bigot...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
@joygirl said:
@leo-343 said:

Best Comedy of 2016

Is it though? Serious question, it's transphobic of me not feeling comfortable with sexual contact with a transgender?

It's not transphobic for you to feel uncomfortable about it. It's transphobic to believe that everyone should feel uncomfortable, and also untrue.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing wrong with being uncomfortable at all or disagreeing with it. If I dated someone thinking they were a girl and then they come out and tell me they used to be a man, they're getting slept.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDIT: An example: It's like not finding a particular race attractive, thus not wanting to have sex with them, it doesn't make you a racist, it's just the way you feel about attractiveness.

No finding a race attractive is actually extremely racist. There are millions of People belonging to a race. Some cases Billions. They span across the planet, all have different looks, phenotypes, cultures, ethniciites, languages, mixed with other races, etc.

To find a millions (and in some cases Billions) of people unattractive simply because they belong to a made up social group title is racist.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
@joygirl said:
@the-seeffiss17 said:

He didn't say "I wouldn't want to have sex with a transgender person." I'm okay with that. Everyone can do whatever they please.

When you say "I can't think of a single person who would have sexual contact with a transgender person," that is seriously immensely messed up. Try replacing that sentence with "black" and see if it sounds racist to you.

Ah, I see. I apologise when you put it like that.

Accepted. :)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im closed minded but I would probably stop being physically attracted to them. I wouldn't be rude or sun them, but I can't just "make" myself be attracted... if my body isn't feeling it it just wont happen.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dum529001

@joygirl said:

Speaking as a transwoman, this is a pretty tricky subject because I've found that most people can't always uncross the lines that form in their head.

If you want to be in a relationship with someone who can have biological children with you, and your (trans) partner is unable to do that with you, then yes, you're well within your rights to try to find a different partner that better fits your desires -- the same way you would if your partner was cisgender but naturally barren/sterile. That doesn't make your partner any less of a man or woman, but it may mean that you aren't compatible.

No one chooses to be barren.

People choose to believe they are transgender.

A man and woman being together is still a good example for upcoming couples. Eventually children get a house of their own and leave mom and dad with more alone time when they are not visiting.

Last time I checked, no one on earth is strong enough to have unlimited babies and yet people still manage to realize the biological truth that the human race comes in two modes, male and female, and reproduction comes from that.

The human community is based on men and woman getting together, raising up children, working together and helping other groups of couples which are made up of people they live among. This is what the human "family" is.

People's opinion and feelings does not change biology and basic facts of life.

People can say they want to be a cat, a duck, a plane or want to identify themselves as a bird. Guess what? That does not make it true.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@agent9149: I'm not saying those are my thoughts, it was just an example, albeit not the best one xD

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

A man and woman being together is still a good example for upcoming couples. Eventually children get a house of their own and leave mom and dad with more alone time when they are not visiting.

Last time I checked, no one on earth is strong enough to have unlimited babies and yet people still manage to realize the biological truth that the human race comes in two modes, male and female, and reproduction comes from that.

The human community is based on men and woman getting together, raising up children, working together and helping other groups of couples which are made up of people they live among. This is what the human "family" is.

People can say they want to be a cat, a duck, a plane or want identify themselves as bird. Guess what? That does not make it true.

...Whoa.

Just.

Whoa.

You are... next-level, dude.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand your reasoning. Being "born female" doesn't mean that a person can have children. Lot's of ciswomen can't have kids for many reason. You yourself might not be able to have children via sex. Would you break off with a ciswomen if you found out that she was infertile or couldn't get pregnant, or didn't want to get pregnant?

As for the question. No. It wouldn't matter to me. A person is a person. If I'm in a relationship with them, obviously I deeply care for them. What they're reproductive organs are or used to be or whether they can reproduce isn't something that make suddenly stop loving them.

I wouldn't even date a woman who couldn't have children. Its just something that I MUSThave in a relationship (along with being good looking and a great personality). There is no compromise.

Oh, and P.S., I can have children.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dum529001

@agent9149 said:
@the-seeffiss17 said:

No finding a race attractive is actually extremely racist. There are millions of People belonging to a race. Some cases Billions. They span across the planet, all have different looks, phenotypes, cultures, ethniciites, languages, mixed with other races, etc.

To find a millions (and in some cases Billions) of people unattractive simply because they belong to a made up social group title is racist.

You have offended me with the use of facts. Leave my presence!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By w0nd

@leo-343 said:
@joygirl said:
@the-seeffiss17 said:

Ah, I see. I apologise when you put it like that.

here's the thing though...with a black person what you see is what you get....

if YOU personally cannot think of a single person then that just means all the people you know wouldn't do it. That's just the facts.

If you meant people on the planet then you are being close minded 100% but I am going to just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant out of the group of people you know.

I can see how what you said comes off as offensive though...and it's cool both of you handled is respectfully! I rarely see that online now a days....

thanks for being human beings :P

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: You can have those opinions, but don't try to actively put down those who disagree.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dum529001

@the-seeffiss17 said:

@dum529001: You can have those opinions, but don't try to actively put down those who disagree.

I simply told my opinion. If I wanted to put someone down then I'd hurl insults and threats.

Kind of like the veiled threats I will get for stating what I believe.

It is not a crime to have a differing opinion.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I just completely laugh at people who try to compare race with trans when it comes to attractiveness.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Not finding a particular race attractive isn't racist, that is nonsense.

Never said that either. I said thinking nobody at all could possibly find a race attractive, is racist.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@dum529001: First, I didn't throw threats, or say you can't have your opinion, I think I came across respectin your opinion, at least that way my intention.

But that was bit harsh. You could have answered the question, thus only stating your opinion but since you tagged a trans person and actively told them "No one chooses to be barren" and human society is based on the opposite of what you believe is actively trying to put her (referring to joy girl) down.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dum529001

@petey_is_spidey said:

Yeah, I just completely laugh at people who try to compare race with trans when it comes to attractiveness.

Because blackness is not genocidal to the human race? Because blackness is naturally good for people?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah my example was bad, but the only way I could think to give some form of example.

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic, race is no issue, and there is nothing wrong with trans people but, me personally i'm not into Men so if my Girlfriend was once a Man idk how I would fell about that, I might be mad, I might break up with her, I may even be so mad as to never speak to her again but, there is also a chance I would still love her and I would still stay with her because, I've never been in a situation like this so idk what I would do.

All I know is I'm a straight Male, so in some cases it would matter but, you'll never know into something like that happens to you.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dum529001

@the-seeffiss17 said:

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah my example was bad, but the only way I could think to give some form of example.

Because the Race-card is the best.

Don't like a set of nonsensical ideas? You're a xenophobe and racist.

"Let's compare refusing to engage in sexual perversions to engaging in pure genocide and racism".

Skelly-Ghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4thelock

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Yes it is. Race is a made up political title. Finding millions (some cases Billions) of people unattractive simply cause they fall under or identify under a social title is racist.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@dum529001: EDIT: Didn't see you edit. So responding to that, nobody called you any of that? I merely said don't try and actively force your opinions on people. Please read my posts, I respect your opinion, but there's no need to call others non-sensical, because they disagree with you

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

People can say they want to be a cat, a duck, a plane or want identify themselves as bird. Guess what? That does not make it true.

I see where you're coming from but I have to admit that you're coming off a bit harsh right now. For us it may seem like a choice, but for them this is something that they truly do have a hard time dealing with. All I'm saying is just try to be a bit more sensitive.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: EDIT: Didn't see you edit. So responding to that, nobody called you any of that? I merely said don't try and actively force your opinions on people. Please read my posts, I respect your opinion, but there's no need to call others non-sensical, because they disagree with you

No force here. Just words of disagreement.

Did I put my fist through my computer and punch someone through the internet? Did I insult and threaten anyone? The answer is "no".

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, unless you're focused on having children imo.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Your missing my point my friend. I see my words aren't going to get through to you, just know I never meant anything aggressive, but you did come off in an offensive way. Direct insults and physical violence aren't the only ways to hurt someone. Peace.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

Because blackness is not genocidal to the human race? Because blackness is naturally good for people?

Lol wait what!?