#1 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

... DC action figures?

They look exactly like Marvel action figures but they cost around $25 when Marvel only costs around $7. I like DC better, but I want to know if its worth the money.

And why is DC really expensive compared to Marvel when they both are pretty much the same.

#2 Edited by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames: Different quality.
Dc too has cheap action figures but they aren't as good.
If you want you can buy the 2-characters pack.You save money that way.
Personally i would buy some statues DC has an incredibly good line of statues.

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get 'em if I really wanted them bad enough but I recommend shopping around on eBay for some deals.

If you're patient you might find some good deals.

#4 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

25? really? That is steep considering NECA figures are cheaper and have much better sculpt, detail, articulation and are all round just much better.

But then you want DC stuff and unfortunately NECA only make quarter scale DC figures due to the fact other companies already make 6/7 inch ones.

But yeah Id really fish around ebay and the net in general for better deals on them.

Also the Marvel Legends line is around 17 or 18 which is the average price mark for figures in that scale the seven dollar ones will likely be the 3 inch ones. Which again is around the average price for figures at that scale.

25 is steep. Are the DC Universe stuff by Mattel that much?

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

Buy the cheap ones at flea markets

#7 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Depends on what figure it is. Most of them cost 20 to 30 dollars except a few which cost about 45 dollars.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224185 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, where do you guys shop at ? I have seen these Action Figures around 17 or 18 bucks tops... 30 dollars is outrageous for an action figure.

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Depends on what figure it is. Most of them cost 20 to 30 dollars except a few which cost about 45 dollars.

Well I know with DC figures that the prices are around that area yeah which is high. 45 is probably for a larger figure, though I have seen those go for double that. Not sure why DC figures in general seem to go for such a high price whilst other figures in that scale go for around 17 or 18.

http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/category/dc+collectibles/all+dc+collectibles.do?nType=2

Just looking on their store and you can see what goes for what.

Damn, where do you guys shop at ? I have seen these Action Figures around 17 or 18 bucks tops... 30 dollars is outrageous for an action figure.

It seems to be the DC figures that are costing around that. I am not sure why but I agree it is outrageous they can charge that much.

#10 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree it is outrageous. I think the reason they cost so much is because a lot of stores don't sell them and you have to buy them online.

#11 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio