Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mtuske
Fat person
Fat person

Why should the non fats be subjected to a blubber invasion on their seat that they paid for on a flight. Should they have X-Large seats or pay extra. It's so annoying crunched up all flight.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

There's no point in speaking in such an insulting and disrespectful manner, to be honest.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. It's not about weight really, it's about size. Rubbing shoulders is something to be expected but, for example, having to sit at the edge of your seat isn't.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, I'm just wondering how long will it take for this to get locked. But, you know, I did have some questions running through my mind when I took a plane trip. Like "Why can't someone shut that baby up before I throw it outside?", "Why can't I change seats when that seat right next to that hot babe is open?", "Why should I subject myself to this dude's snoring?", and "Why is this fat person taking away my elbow room?"

But the answer to all your problems OP is money. BUY a freaking first class ticket or just get through it.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: The lady on the end seat actually did get moved to 1st class. Unfortunately only one extra seat.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mtuske: My neighbour who is really fat usually books First Class seats.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

Haha, I'm just wondering how long will it take for this to get locked. But, you know, I did have some questions running through my mind when I took a plane trip. Like "Why can't someone shut that baby up before I throw it outside?", "Why can't I change seats when that seat right next to that hot babe is open?", "Why should I subject myself to this dude's snoring?", and "Why is this fat person taking away my elbow room?"

But the answer to all your problems OP is money. BUY a freaking first class ticket or just get through it.

Tough on babies?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: I would too if I was rotund. Then again I'm the only person that puts my shopping cart back at Walmart.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NYBreezy

@dum529001: Don't like them. I'm very good with them. Practically raised my siblings since they were in diapers but don't like babies or kids who cry. In fact, I hate cryers.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should pay excess for weight seeing as I had to pay £35 just because my bag was 2kg heavier than it should be but someone who's 100kg themselves are 20kg heavier than me not fair at all

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should pay excess for weight seeing as I had to pay £35 just because my bag was 2kg heavier than it should be but someone who's 100kg themselves are 20kg heavier than me not fair at all

Good point.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prolly.

Lol at the way you worded all this

"Blubber invasion" made me lol.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat people should be banned from leaving their homes.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14 Lunacyde  Moderator

Meh.

Would the same apply to not fat bulky people like powerlifters or professional athletes who may take up similar space? Or even really tall normal people who may have long limbs that cut into your space?

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol one of those uncomfy topics.

I would say yeah IF:

-That person requires more than one seat, up to and including one half of the seat next to him/her.

Then again, does that mean an overly skinny person should pay half price for a ticket so the fat person next to them can park their rolls in the leftover room?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Yes. Not picking on only the rotund. If your tricep is on my chin you should pay more.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Skinny people aren't bothering other people though so no.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread shouldn't exist...

No. A big person shouldn't have to buy an extra sit. What is fair is for him/her to pay the same amount of money everyone else is paying. If the seats are to close to each other blame the company for being a bunch of greedy aholes. They put the seats all together to put more people in. I fly Jet-blue in my case. Everyone is in an equal seat.

If you made this thread you are probably not a big person and have no clue what it is to be one. I'm not as big as the man in the picture but I am on the heavy side. I know how it is to struggle with weight because I've been struggling with it since I was a kid. I'm big for many reasons, but specifically Ill tell you why I am big right now.

BTW i'm not a strong writer. Just in case you spot some mistakes.

I had lost once in my struggle 85 pounds. My goal was to hit the 100 lb mark and I felt like no one could stop me from achieving it.

I went to the gym daily and I kicked major ass in that gym. I also had a diet that none of you could ever do faithfully for as long as I did. I was doing so good! It was to the point that I was hitting the gym harder than those douchebags who have so much muscles in their bodies that they cant even turn their bodies to wipe their own asses. They would leave and I was still hitting the gym for about another hour or so more than they were.

What happened? Complications happened. I plateau at 230 and other personal matters occurred at the time. Still I did everything I could not to quit. I had been hitting the gym for nearly 3 hours daily and sometimes I would hit it extra just because I could. I had it in my mind that I would break through the plateau. My legs were bricks, that's how hard I was hitting that gym. What happened? At the end of the month... Plateau did not break. Not how I wanted it to break. It broke for just two pounds. (BTW for a month to lose two pounds is good guys. Now I know that) But it was not good for my ego at that time. Not in my mind because before that I was breaking 7 pounds a week with my regular workout. So hitting it extra hard and only breaking the plateau for 2 pounds was heartbreaking for me.

That day I started to lose my fire. I worked so hard and it didn't pay up. I kept telling myself: LOOK HOW FAR YOU'VE GONE you have lost over 85 lb on your own! You hit the gym like a beast! Don't quit, etc, you know? I was trying not to lose hope. I kept repeating that to myself for a few days until it lost all meaning to me. I felt like: Why workout if I'll be at the same weight anyways? So I stopped and I started gaining the weight back and it didn't matter to me. I felt that I gave it my all and I had been beaten. Now I am back to where I started.

If that is funny to you then that is because you don't know how it feels to have something like that happen to you. Maybe you are too young to even get it and will reply with a dumb joke or something. But let me tell you that I am not the first or the last to go through this. I know of others who just like me gave it all and also ended up defeated. My case was personal problems and the plateau, and two big guys I follow on Youtube in their case they quit due to severe back problems.

Why tell you all this?

Because Im tired of people abusing others for a disability. People like this do not deserve to be made fun of.

But they also do not deserve praised for being overweight...

They deserve support and encouragement to keep trying to reach their goals.

Bashing these people does not help.

Someone in your family is probably obese. Maybe not like the man on the picture, but somewhere on the heavy side. That person is probably struggling with weight problems themselves. Do they know that you hate them for having this condition?

I hope that you all stay healthy, I hope you are not betrayed, made fun of, bullied and for your families to have a long happy life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If the person takes up more than one seat, yes. Making a plane ride uncomfortable for another individual is not a good option.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mtuske

@gbandit: So because you are a chunky monkey I'm supposed to have a miserable flight?

I don't hate them or you. Think outside of your condition and how would you feel.

I can't stress this enough but I was not trying to hurt your feelings or be an ass crack internet bully.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mandarinestro

@gbandit: How is this thread discriminating against fat people? Even my friends who are extremely obese acknowledge that they are fat and opt to book First Class seats for their own comfort.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

"So because you are a chunky monkey I'm supposed to have a miserable flight?"

"I can't stress this enough but I was not trying to hurt your feelings or be an ass crack internet bully."

Huh?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Chunky monkey is not bad. Lol ok perhaps my sense of humor is harsh for civilians.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they are leaking over into my seat then they should be charged 2 seats

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit: How is this thread discriminating against fat people? Even my friends who are extremely obese acknowledge that they are fat and opt to book First Class seats for their own comfort.

He is a single person and not everyone has the money for first class. There are those who have the money? Good for them, but what about the ones who don't? Should they do as SuperAdam said and be banned from leaving the house?

@mtuske said:

@gbandit: So because you are a chunky monkey I'm supposed to have a miserable flight?

I don't hate them or you. Think outside of your condition and how would you feel.

I can't stress this enough but I was not trying to hurt your feelings or be an ass crack internet bully.

Don't worry I'm quite strong. Trust me if my friends from the RPG area would read what I wrote they wouldn't even recognize that it's me writing this. I was the comedian of this site. And you are forgetting that they are also uncomfortable and they know that they are big and they know that they bother people like you. Not their fault, they just happen to be born in the bad side of the gene pool.

But like Dr. Adam Sandler said in Big Daddy: Enjoy your metabolism while you have it. Because Elvis was the shit and at the end of the day he didn't even look like Elvis.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

LAL.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit: You do know SuperAdam is joking right? :P

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mtuske

@gbandit: My metabolism is staying where it's at. I'm actually quite a bit older than you which is why I'm so grumpy. But back to my original question switch roles and where would you be on this topic?

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit said:

But like Dr. Adam Sandler said in Big Daddy: Enjoy your metabolism while you have it. Because Elvis was the shit and at the end of the day he didn't even look like Elvis.

not a good excuse for being overweight. everyone metabolizes differently, but if you're living and breathing you still have a metabolism lol it may be difficult, but it's not impossible to lose weight and be healthy. if you don't have time to work out, just eat healthier/take the stairs/walk/etc...

If I don't get to relax in the entire seat I paid exorbitant amounts of money for, then either I should be compensated for part of my seat or the chubster next to me should have to pay for an extra seat/the extra space.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they pay for it. But maybe they can have an extra one of they earn it by doing the truffle shuffle.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your fat a** is sitting in my space with me, you should be paying for half my seat.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GBandit

@mtuske said:

@gbandit: My metabolism is staying where it's at. I'm actually quite a bit older than you which is why I'm so grumpy. But back to my original question switch roles and where would you be on this topic?

Good that it is staying where it is. Mine is all over the place. I stand by what I said: he should pay the same amount of money everyone else paid.

And trust me if you had the seat I had coming from Boston to Puerto Rico. A flight of 4 hours with a kid who didn't stop farting you would be begging, BEGGING, for a fat guy to be next to you instead. It smelled like straight up crap from Death after the bastard had bad guacamole for a week. It was horrible! And then the lady would spray perfume to try and soften the blow. IT MADE IT WORSE!!! I couldn't see straight for the next week! I wished that my only problem had been a fat guy sitting next to me xD

@gbandit said:

not a good excuse for being overweight. everyone metabolizes differently, but if you're living and breathing you still have a metabolism lol it may be difficult, but it's not impossible to lose weight and be healthy. if you don't have time to work out, just eat healthier/take the stairs/walk/etc...

If I don't get to relax in the entire seat I paid exorbitant amounts of money for, then either I should be compensated for part of my seat or the chubster next to me should have to pay for an extra seat/the extra space.

If you are not relaxed neither is he. If you are uncomfortable so is he. And again not everyone has the cash that you apparently have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, but it is extremely annoying and uncomfortable to sit next to a fat person. It makes my already crappy flight experience even more crappier.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's a little bit unfair if I paid for a seat and don't even get the whole seat lol. If I have to share my seat with somebody then I'ma have to let them share the price for it.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By deathstroke52

What

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yes, that extra seat could had been used for a other paying customer, so to make up that profit they should pay for that extra seat.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh, I'm skinny and it doesn't bother me as long as they don't smell bad -- it's like having a warm, slightly moist pillow ;)

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if the other guy can practically occupy the other seat, what's the point in him/her not paying for that other seat ?! i don't care if you are fat or just a big person, you pay the other seat that you are occupying.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Should they have to buy two seats for buses, street cars, trains, and the subway?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: @symbiotepsychopath: @judasnixon: @gbandit: Do none of you actually think about the flight logistics? It is not about the space they take up it is about WEIGHT. Boeing 747 can accommodate 400 people now imagine all of them weighing in around 160 kg instead of "normalish" 80kg the difference in tonnage is astounding 32 METRIC TONNES. Do you think that is an irrelevant fact? The plain would crash over the pacific.

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think at the end of the day it depends on the type of journey, for example, if you are on a long flight then it is only reasonable that anyone who has to take more room should pay for that room. On the other hand a shorter journey doesn't have the same problems as you don't really have to be 'too' comfortable for that flight.

Just my opinion.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they take up an extra seat then yes

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would not be such an Issue if planes didn't keep Jamming more and more people into a plane.

How about we treat people Like Humans not cattle?

I could lose all the weights and it still doesn't change the fact that my legs are to long...

Do you suggest I amputate?

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By flashback0180

That's not fat, that's obese and beyond.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don`t understand, why ANYONE should be forced in to purchasing a chair. Especially when the airplanes have need of them.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No.

Panzeera_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit: Bashing them helps more then not doing anything at all, its a proven fact.

And yes fat people should pay for an extra seat, why should we suffer when It's clearly they who have eaten too much, a disease raraely makes someone 500 lbs