• 51 results
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Disney bought Lucasfilm a lot of hoopla has been made about them making new Star Wars films but not a lot has been said about it's other tent pole franchise Indiana Jones. The Indiana films are quite profitable having made over $1.9 Billion at the box office so I don't see why they shouldn't carry on the series.

• Do you think they should make more films?
  • Would you cast someone else as Jones?
  • Where would you like the film to be set?
  • Who would you like as the director?

Personally I would like to see Indiana Jones and the Lost Horizon turned in to a prequel film of Raiders of the Arc. Lost Horizon was a scrapped 4 issues Dark Horse mini series that never got off the ground, it was based off scenes from Raiders that were cut from the final film and it depicted Indiana and Abner Ravenwood trying to retrieve the Staff of Ra from a Tibet warlord As for a director I think Joe Johnston would do a great job.

Chris Pine - Indiana Jones
Gary Oldman - Abner Ravenwood

Francois Arnaud - Rene Belloq

#2 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh heaven forbid! NOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yes it is. It's my reason.
Now if it's a good reason is completely debatable.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Indiana Jones is good, but not something we need right now.

#11 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Let it die.

#14 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by RDClip (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

No

There shouldn't even have been the last Indy movie. Stop asking for remakes/reboots/sequels of your childhood classics, you'll just end up disappointed.

#16 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: We need entertainment for the soul, modern entertainment is film. Without it, we are monsters.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: @imagineman16: Why? They are good films and I'd like to see more. If there going to make a sh!t ton more Star Wars films why no Indian ones as well?

#19 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: @imagineman16: Why? They are good films and I'd like to see more. If there going to make a sh!t ton more Star Wars films why no Indian ones as well?

Well, I would just as soon let the Star Wars franchise die as well, but I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a die-hard fan of either series. I guess I'm just jaded to all the reboots and the like at this point, but I suppose I understand fans of the franchise accepting a continuation (although, lets be honest here, a fair portion of fans would b!tch about it as well, just like they are with the new Star Wars films).

I do like your casting choices, by the way.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Harrison Ford was Indy but now he's too old. The franchise should stop now before another Shia Labeouf experiment seeks to permanently stain it.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: We all know that was Lucas's reverse minas touch but now that Disney own it it'll be free from all that with new creators. As for Ford well pepole said that about Sean Connery when he playd Bond and looks at the great actors whov done it since.

@imagineman16: Yea but it wouldn't be a reboot just the making of a film that was meant to have been made anyway

#22 Posted by Hanson724 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your casting choices but I don't think it should be remade. If Hollywood had some kind of winning record with reboots/remakes I might be on board but as it stands now they don't IMO . It would be some huge CGI blockbuster that would have none of the original " magic" . I keep envisioning "National Treasure" which is not what I should be thinking of when I hear Indiana reboot but I can't help thinking it would be some garbage like that.

#23 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather a new Indiana Jones than Star Wars tbh, so I agree.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

@hanson724: I'm not talking about a reboot but making the prequel film the Lost Horizon that was meant to be part of the Raiders of the Arc also google Joe Johnston and see what films he's made, that's who I'v picked for the director and I think he'd do a great job

#25 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that they should go the same route as 007 and start switching actors when one gets to old....I think the best actor to replace Harrison Ford is Bradley Cooper

#26 Posted by Chaos Prime (10589 posts) - - Show Bio

• Do you think they should make more films? Yes
  • Would you cast someone else as Jones? No
  • Where would you like the film to be set? Russia/Mongolia/China
  • Who would you like as the director? Zhang Yimou
#27 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

Indy's got a son, let's not ignore that. Shia is a star with massive box office appeal, give him the reins and allow it to win some Oscars.

#29 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be up to seeing some Indiana Jones movies. Prequel, what have you. If it's done well, why not?

#30 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16862 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I don't know. Before I entered this thread I was saying "no no no!" in my head. But you have convinced me a bit. If the film is done well I see no reason why not and yeah with a different actor as Indy too.

#31 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, take a step back and let the reality of what Hollywood would bring to the big screen fill your mind's eye... and the tie in toys they'd make to put in the Happy Meal boxes... and the rampant disregard for the true source material- those old black and white films, and pulp action adventure novels, cause that sh!t's just too oldschool for today's slick movie goer.

and therein lies the problem

Hollywood in it's infinite wisdom would ruin what was a fantastic franchise (if we can ignore the one with the kid from Transformers) in it's lustful and greedy grab for the proverbial gold at the end of the rainbow- there is no gold at the end of the rainbow if the rainbow itself is a heap of dogsh!t. That is just what we'd get, 'Indiana-heap o'dogsh!t-Jones and the Quest for the Gold at the end of the Rainbow'.

#32 Posted by Perethorn (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

John Goodman should be the new Indiana Jones.

#33 Posted by Black_Claw (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

Just no.

#34 Posted by Jayc1324 (5273 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as its good I don't see why not. Personally I am totally against the new Star Wars film. It was George Lucas creation and they shouldn't touch it. It's over. It's legacy will never die there's no reason to continue

#35 Posted by The_Tree (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

I want one more, just so the last one isn't Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Get Ford back, get Spielberg back, get Kasdan to write it, and end on a high note.

#36 Posted by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

As long as its good I don't see why not. Personally I am totally against the new Star Wars film. It was George Lucas creation and they shouldn't touch it. It's over. It's legacy will never die there's no reason to continue

Except billions of dollars.

#37 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly would like to see them reboot this franchise, giving it a more modern day feel with a new lead actor for a whole new generation of Indiana Jones fans.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok since this is actually happening I hope they do adapt Indiana Jones and the Lost Horizon like was meant to happen.

#39 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I wish i had posted on this thread when you first made it. I would love another Indiana Jones movie. i even thought the last one was only bad because of Shia LaBeouf and Cate Blanchett. Other than that, Harrison Ford was awesome, as you would expect, and the plot was a very topical theme for the ealry-mid '50s. Aliens were just becoming a big part of both pop-culture, and conspiracy cover-ups.

I also like your idea for a young Indy. Chris Pine would be great, and could definitely pull off the surly attitude of our favorite archaeologist.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@jonny_anonymous: I wish i had posted on this thread when you first made it. I would love another Indiana Jones movie. i even thought the last one was only bad because of Shia LaBeouf and Cate Blanchett. Other than that, Harrison Ford was awesome, as you would expect, and the plot was a very topical theme for the ealry-mid '50s. Aliens were just becoming a big part of both pop-culture, and conspiracy cover-ups.

I also like your idea for a young Indy. Chris Pine would be great, and could definitely pull off the surly attitude of our favorite archaeologist.

I'v just always wanted to see more of Rene

#41 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

I'v just always wanted to see more of Rene

That would be a great fued to see fleshed out a bit more, i agree.

#42 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

#43 Posted by russellmania77 (13603 posts) - - Show Bio

Ford is too old

#44 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: well your to late since it's already happening

#45 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Indiana Jones is actually a series I wouldn't mind see getting rebooted. I feel a nice reboot with a newer, younger Indiana Jones would be a great way to reintroduce the character to a whole new generation.

#46 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Onemoreposter (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want them to make part 5. I had alot of fun with Indy4. Haters need to deal.

#48 Posted by Jonez120 (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god, NOOOOOOO!!!

Indie is my all time favorite movie franchise, and watching Crystal Skull was like slowly driving a knife through my heart, but changing the dang actor?!?!? Why don't you just make Jack Black portray Han Solo while you're at it!! Indie is not Batman. He shouldn't just be rebooted and have a different actor. Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford, nobody else.

#49 Posted by Jonez120 (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Yes, he is too old. That's why they shouldn't continue the franchise.

#50 Edited by Rouflex (12514 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.