Posted by ComicBro (156 posts) 11 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Should Comic Vine Allow Goku Battle Threads *Vote* (91 votes)

Yes 24%
No,No 69%
Maybe 7%

Please Vote im running a poll To convince the moderators to Allow goku threads

#1 Posted by Strider92 (16120 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Its been unbanned before and always gets banned again later on for obvious reasons. No point unbanning it again for what is probably about 5th-6th time because we know how its going to end.

#2 Edited by Mucklefluga (2522 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicbro Seriously, no good comes from them and I'm a big DBZ fan myself. They turn into massive calculation fests and questioning the authenticity of Toriyama's writing and the guide books before flame wars and all hell breaks loose. And that's most of the time on the battle forums. I think Challenge a Viner debates allow Dragon Ball and anime characters to be used but that's it. No more battle forum DBZ debates which I'd like to keep that way quite frankly.

#4 Posted by PieHole (274 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted maybe, but I've seen what DBZ related Battle threads do..... Its more than a flame war, seriously you'd need like 20 pieces of paper and a scientific calculator to keep up with them.

#5 Posted by SheenLantern (6246 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not.

#6 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

because

''Goku could planet burst based of the Master roshi moon busting and Goku PL being 3 times more also this makes him 5 times the speed of light''

#7 Posted by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope but that doesn't mean I don't want them reinstated...

#8 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

NO

#9 Posted by ComicBro (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Thx For Voting I Guess Goku is gone lol

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku is allowed on the battle threads

#11 Edited by CheeseSticks (2386 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks, Naruto battle should be banned too

#12 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it always ends up the same......flame wars......

#13 Edited by Teerack (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone under the delusion that non dbz battle threads are any less idiotic is in some hard core deinal, or part of the forum cancer.

#14 Posted by ComicBro (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: No Naruto is Just A replacement for goku lol atleast for me :D

#15 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

He's allowed on Challenge a Viner debates but not the battle forums.

#16 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (48 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been bannes stop trying to bring it back listen to the moderators

#17 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23272 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Anyone under the delusion that non dbz battle threads are any less idiotic is in some hard core deinal, or part of the forum cancer.

Well they are, almost all DBZ threads end in sh!t storms.

You hardly ever see said threads go as good as these:

Darth Plagueis vs Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious vs Darth Caedus

Not saying they don't have any good DBZ threads,but the ones that are good are vastly outnumbered by the bad.

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#19 Posted by Samimista (20603 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by deaditegonzo (3632 posts) - - Show Bio

I say no, I get the impression most DBZ fans arent familiar with comic books at all. Also, they rarely follow rules of etiquette or hypothetical comparisons.

#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43408 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Until labor of deeds are proven otherwise.

Battles usually have something we learn from. I think have to do simple artwork to explain. The Dragonball battles have mainly been used inflate egos of fanboys to show the stuff they knew mattered and bash on anyone who thinks otherwise.

I would like to stop that and think that we can be over it, but sadly reasoning fails or we have failed to make an intelligent conversation and solve it with acting like spoiled children. We all have been like that at times

How many times have a picture is shown make someone look lousy in comparison? How many times have we seen quotes that have made us skeptic? We can’t even trust the power ranking because it is bias. It makes me think that there is something missing on the profile

Perhaps I should make this topic: Do you still love your character even if they are not the best?

#23 Edited by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like dragon ball z so no and the fanboys just make me want to hurt them.

#24 Edited by ComicBro (156 posts) - - Show Bio

51 votes Most votes say no lol :D

#25 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

NO DBZ fans are too immature and act like their word is law and goku is god and nobody feels like being bothered with 200 more superman vs goku battles

#26 Posted by xlab3000 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#27 Edited by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I think using Goku from Dragonball is fine because it's a pretty straight forward Sun Wukong parable. It gets a little ridiculous with Z and beyond so that's kind of the questionable part.

#28 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

its NO, NO a double negative its a Yes

YOU'VE ALL BEEN FOOLED!

#29 Edited by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

It really seems like "Goku Vs. Superman" threads are the real problem. Maybe I am wrong in this. With the exception of maybe Batman, those two characters just seem to have way more blind, unapologetic fanatics than most others for some reason. Pit them against each other in battle, and it becomes a raging ball of nonsense.

I don't think Goku should be banned from all threads. That seems pretty unfair.

Simply ban the Goku Vs. Superman ones only. I would hope and pray that that should suffice.

#30 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Goku can apparently bust a planet although he's never done it.

He also needs a team to take out people he fights, but everybody denies the point.

People say Cell could destroy a Solar System, but when he actually used the attack to do so, it was overcome by a teenager using one hand.

#31 Posted by Nefarious (18760 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell NO.

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

nooooooooooo

#33 Posted by starrk_coyote (621 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

He also needs a team to take out people he fights, but everybody denies the point.

People say Cell could destroy a Solar System, but when he actually used the attack to do so, it was overcome by a teenager using one hand.

Your words betray you.

#35 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

No.

Your words betray you.

I stand by them >:)

#36 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku battles are very annoying so NO

#37 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

I said YES just as long as the fights are actual fights an not just Goku blow up planets Goku travel way faster than light yada yada yada If a battle is made then make sure the opponent would actually stand a chance against Goku

#38 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with Goku is that he can dish out a lot of energy based damage and he can also absorb a lot, but when it comes to physical damage? He can't dish it out and he can't absorb it.
That's the reason why he automatically loses to a character like Superman, who could absorb Goku's Kamehameha and knock him out without any problems, simply because Goku's body can't withstand that kind of physical punishment.

#39 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Absolutely not.

#40 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't understand why Goku is banned... if anyone should be it should be Superman... I'm assuming that Goku vs Superman arguments get carried away and that's generally why... In that case Superman has less of a foot to stand on as his power levels vary and there is no good comparison where as Goku's power levels are pretty easy to figure out and are agreed upon. So it seems to me that the real problem would be Superman fans who refuse to admit defeat, as I have seen in many other threads with Superman vs... I can give you a rough estimate of how powerful Goku is and what he can or can't take and under what circumstances and why it works like this or that. Superman, it's highly debated and changes... So if you're going to remove 1 of the 2 then the problem stems from the less concrete of the two and that would be Superman, not Goku.

So the proposition would be to ban Superman too or flip the ban since the problem stems from Superman...

#41 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@russellmania77 said:

He's allowed on Challenge a Viner debates but not the battle forums.

yeah but he is also allowed to battle db fighters

#42 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken: There are plenty of characters who can give Superman a very good fight even if they lose to him. Superman's hardly the problem when Goku's powers are exaggerated and played up loads of times to make him seem more powerful than he actually is. Not to mention the whole planet/solar system busting attacks DBZ characters can supposedly pull off.

#43 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's really annoying.

#44 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Goku is more powerful than a being that supposedly destroyed 1/4 of the universe. I'm pretty sure he's not over exaggerated. Even if you take that as just myth, which it isn't, within the show, you still have to acknowledge that it takes a very low power level by their ratings to destroy a planet. We actually do have an accurate number for that and a rough estimate for the upper limit of Goku so we can figure a minimum limit for his power in terms of Joules.

On the other hand the claims for Superman's power can't be fairly judged because it changes in canon and between writers and he has feats that don't really work with anything that we know and he has poorly defined powers in general. You think Superman can have a good fight only because you are being specific, but realistically their not specific enough... because you can't be certain what Superman's power level is at any given time, both because of the canon, and because of the writers where a with Goku if you specified I can pretty much give you what he can do and how strong he is and what could hurt him... and not only that but exactly how his powers work. Superman you can't do that with. You can make guesses, but nothing really concrete.

I would say the problem is more on people aren't being specific like your supposed to be with battles in the first place and people are preferring Superman simply because this site has more of a fanbase for comics, but impartiality would have it that Superman fights are banned rather than Goku because of how variable Superman's powers are and Goku should really be a benchmark because of how invariable his powers are.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken: I admit Silver Age Superman can't have a proper fight but Pre Flashpoint/New 52 has defined limits for the character. Goku on the other hand constantly pushes boundaries both in terms of what he does and the fan's interpretation of those feats. Hell, he can achieve a god form which aside from one million years in the future, Superman hasn't managed to do. And you call Superman overpowered? Yeah right.

#46 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I didn't call Superman over powered. I sad he has variable power and he has a high upper bound that is undefined with poorly defined powers. Goku has well defined powers and bounds, whether those bounds be insanely high or not, it should have no baring on him participating. To do so is simply an admittance that what is really going on is a bias towards western comic characters and fanboy reactions of superman who do not like to admit that people can beat him, even in his most powerful form.

I really don't see the Battle between the two even being remotely interesting or hard to figure out. The results are all dependent upon the tactics and whether you are factoring in personality or not and consequences... but it really is a simple match-up based on their powers and what they're able to do, even at their known maxes the results are the same so... i think you got the wrong culprit and i think people generating the problem to begin with on either side are unwilling to really think about it and they just want their character they are a fanboy of to win.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken: The reason I think Superman beats Goku is not because of a bias towards Western comics or him being my favourite character. It's because I have actual reasons that can be discussed and disagreed upon such as that Superman outmuscles Goku and can dish out more than Goku can take. I still think it's you who have the wrong culprit. On average, Superman battles don't generate nearly as much animosity and flame wars as battles involving Goku and other DBZ characters. You've seen the threads non? Besides this is a comic book website first, not an anime site. If it's anime characters that are causing problems, they need to be banned to prevent them from occurring.

#48 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I refrained from restating why Goku wins if he doesn't care being safe and Superman wins if we have them caring.

I have not seen these threads, but it seems to me that everytime someone brings up Superman being beaten there is a shitstorm, same with Batman. If they're comparing DBZ characters to each other that ridiculous but they're not banned so though so those should still be going on anyways...

i really don't see the point of battle threads to begin with because from what i've seen they all devolve into fanboys shouting that their favorite would win regardless of anything said so they're pointless and are the same thing you are complaining about with Goku anyways.

#49 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. If I had saw this thread a couple of months ago, I'd be all for it, but really it's a waste of time.

It's like that Wally West fan calculation. It makes sense, but really, if it's not shown in the story, there's no point in trying to debate with it. I could say that Goku is 10x the speed of light using calculations, that doesn't mean they're automatically correct and I can sure as hell not justify that claim with the manga.

The highest person Goku could beat is Black Adam excluding Super Saiyan God IMO. Or New 52 Supes. Other than that, I'm glad that threads that make Goku go up against Phoenix or Galactus are gone. CAVs are the way to go anyway. Much less obnoxious.

#50 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken: Trust me, when you question the DBZ fanboys about their calculations for Goku or other DBZ characters, they can create quite the storm if you catch my drift. It's no different from what you're saying. And how can you not see the point of the battle forums? At their core, they should be about civil debate which is what Challenge A Viner threads are. Those are the examples of how well the battle forums can turn out.