• 83 results
#1 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched this week's episode but I've watched every other one since, and really, I'm not finding anything in it that can't be found in other shows, and the other shows are so much better in dealing with the subject matter. I mean, none of the characters have any depth or originality to them. Just a bunch of Whedon stereotypes that have been seen in every other TV show since the 1950's. "Ooh, the Science nerd! Ooh, the tough Agent!" Really, besides Coulson, how are we supposed to care about these characters when we've seen them already?

Also, why is it that we can't see things that are outside of the Cinematic Universe? I mean, they have a library of interesting characters and an almost unending list of story arcs they could do, but it seems like they have no interest in expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe whatsoever and they just use stuff that we're already familiar with. "This is a Chitauri designed Gamma belt that has elements of the Extremis virus in it." The show sounds like a broken record most of the time and so far all of the episodes have been virtually identical to eachother.

I had faith in it at the beginning, but that faith is turning into bitterness pretty quick. I don't know how long the show will last, but because of the Cinematic Universe still being as successful as it is, I doubt they would end the show as long as the movies are still making money. The problem is we're stuck with half-assed, poorly executed television that could have been so cool if the time was put into it.

Bottom line - stick to "Arrow".

#2 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23900 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I don't really care for the show anyway.

#3 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow is how a comic book tv show should be done. take notes marvel.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care. I stopped watching

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

Its steadily improving, still too early to call. Tho if the ratings keep dropping the point may be moot.

#6 Posted by KingAres109 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice written drawn out conclusion. But I have to say that while some episodes are great some are really boring and lack any interest. But these past 2 have been really good and up the ante.But I do want to see more superpowers in the show.But I do kinda get tired of Agent Ward and May always saving the day.Some of the things in the show are cliches and are like I knew they were going to happen.Lol

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care. I stopped watching

#8 Edited by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said.

I don't think it should be cancelled. Just wish they'd improve the writing. The show has potential, its just not utilizing it.

#9 Posted by dbatdog (548 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh i wouldnt say cancelled but they really need to shake things up

#11 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there should be an episode only after Each Marvel Movie with Colson and a team investigating the effects

#12 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there should be an episode only after Each Marvel Movie with Colson and a team investigating the effects

or you know maybe kind of test the waters a bit and have ant-man or even dare devil pop in. it wouldnt have to be a hero role per say but matt could be a lawyer for maybe sky and hank could be a scientist shield needs to have a chat with

#13 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225 said:

Well said.

I don't think it should be cancelled. Just wish they'd improve the writing. The show has potential, its just not utilizing it.

A Marvel show about SHIELD has SOOO much potential but they are being way to campy,that translates well in the movies but on TV it's like WTF? SHIELD is about espionage and spies,not jokes,leave that to the Avengers.

#14 Posted by Racob7 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want it cancelled, just put under new management.

#15 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: They turned it into a kiddie show and they wonder why they have low viewer ratings......

#16 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

SHIELD is leaps and bounds ahead of arrow. arrow is cringe worthy soap opera bad. GET OUT!

#17 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: They turned it into a kiddie show and they wonder why they have low viewer ratings......

Yea. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from the 60s got better ratings...

#18 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

It shouldn't be cancelled, it just needs to

1) Take itself a bit more seriously. Seriously. Skye. Just stop.

2) Actually have established characters and superheroes appear in it. Victoria Hand doesn't count, guys. Come on.

3) Coulson needs to stop mentioning that he's friends with the Avengers.

Aside from those complaints, I'm actually enjoying the show. First time in a while that I've regularly watched a tv show.

#19 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good show. I liked the last episode.

#20 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12089 posts) - - Show Bio

SHIELD is leaps and bounds ahead of arrow. arrow is cringe worthy soap opera bad. GET OUT!

Quiet you.

#21 Posted by The Stegman (26065 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watching.

If you want it to improve, get it off of ABC, with it's lame family values, and introduce an actual superhero or two in this show about superheroes.

#22 Edited by sagejonathan (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watching too at like episode 5. Its not interesting at all.

#23 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

Quiet you.

que the piano now we are going to talk about our feelings

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watching

#25 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (12089 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

@cuddlebear said:

Quiet you.

Better than the Marvel Comedy hour. Wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt the same s**t that Whedon brings to everything.

#26 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really watched it.

#27 Posted by Aeron_Glyndwr (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it a full season and then reassess

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12607 posts) - - Show Bio

They should get better plots and better characters.

I dont know, did they coust to changce The Punisher origin to make him part of the show or get other characters in the show?

#29 Posted by frozenedge (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been getting better and better after each episode so no I don't want it cancelled

#30 Edited by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen it. I tried to watch Arrow but I didn't like the Nolan Batman makeover they gave Oliver. This is why I prefer the animated superhero series.

#31 Edited by HumanRocket (9380 posts) - - Show Bio

Being on a family network is one of its problems.

#32 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is slowly getting better, this past weeks episode was pretty good and I think they show's still has a chance to redeem itself.

#33 Posted by judasnixon (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing "Marvel" in that god damn show! Nothing!

#34 Posted by Wolfrazer (7730 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: Hey now...don't be hating on Rudolph! Rudolph is awesome!

#35 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't care tbh

#36 Posted by Noteworthington (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd imagine they're building, it takes a while. Hopefully the instant gratification crowd doesn't doom the show this early, as I'm enjoying what I can and supporting it for more and better things from Marvel and the MCU in the future.

#37 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing "Marvel" in that god damn show! Nothing!

Besides being very boring? They're spot on there.

#38 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it shouldn't be cancelled.

#39 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say I enjoyed this week's episode a lot more then last week's. It's gradually building, I'll give it that, just don't know to what. Is the focus mainly on Coulson? They keep giving these hints towards what happened to him, but it's all too vague to tell what they're trying to do. I liked the Melinda May focus this week. I actually think she's probably the strongest character they have besides Coulson despite being the least seen.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt mostly, I just don't know what they're trying to do with it.

#40 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

So it should be cancelled because you don't like it, so people like me who really like it just have to deal with it. Because, you know, there shouldn't be something on TV that you don't like. :-( Doesn't sound too fair to me.

#41 Posted by mikex20 (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow is the worst show on TV, and it should be cancelled.

#42 Edited by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@cuddlebear said:

Quiet you.

Better than the Marvel Comedy hour. Wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt the same s**t that Whedon brings to everything.

well i agree with you about the marvel comedy hour. if i am anything i am a DC fanboy that thinks marvel has only made 1/2 a good movie in the first iron man. but arrow or smallville is awful I don't know what DC is thinking with this junk. i am hoping just as SHIELD put Arrow to shame that that new Gotham show will put SHIELD to shame. i have plenty of hate for marvel and all their success but that does not excuse arrow. and also comedy hour beats artless soulless soap opera lowest form of anything garbage that is arrow. bad horrible bad bad show you deserve better my comic comrades

#43 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this show should be cancelled. But I think that it needs to find some kind of focus for the characters and the plots. So far, we're not exactly sure where they are going with these characters or the story lines because there are way too many stand alone episodes that don't tie in to a bigger plot at hand. I actually thought that they were going somewhere when they introduced the centipede plot line, but then they started making episodes that had nothing to do with that plot line and it was hard trying to figure out the characters' purpose in these stories.

#44 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

arrow is on what you would call a ** family network** and yet its fantastic................ when it comes to agents of shield im sorry i know everyone can be a weadon lover but cmon the show is bad. even if this show was on hbo it still would suck since the channel has zero to do with the story telling

#45 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is definitely improving. I just think they spend too much time trying to link it up with the movies and not every fan has seen every marvel movie. If it were to focus on itself even more and instead of focusing on how the movies effect it maybe the show could have some effects on the movies.

#46 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is definitely improving. I just think they spend too much time trying to link it up with the movies and not every fan has seen every marvel movie. If it were to focus on itself even more and instead of focusing on how the movies effect it maybe the show could have some effects on the movies.

eh i dont know man marvel movies seem to be the new big thing in pop culture and not just with us comic nerds

#47 Posted by The Stegman (26065 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

arrow is on what you would call a ** family network** and yet its fantastic................ when it comes to agents of shield im sorry i know everyone can be a weadon lover but cmon the show is bad. even if this show was on hbo it still would suck since the channel has zero to do with the story telling

I would say the network has a huge part to play in a show's quality. ABC is a family network, it is owned by Disney because of that, there's certain things it can't do and certain audiences its shows are meant to appeal to, those audiences usually include programming the entire family can watch, especially since it's a primetime network. The CW however, is not a family network, it's target audience are people 18-35. It's more intended to young adults rather than children, so they can be a bit more relaxed on the sex, violence and language they can use. Going on to something like HBO, that's a different horse entirely, it can range from any rating and even go MA, which can tackle heavy themes, taboo subject matter and graphic topics. So, I say being on ABC is heavily hampering AoS, they have to constantly hold back on violence, language, and have to keep a positive, up beat attitude (which comes across as heavily cheesy) to appease the masses.

#48 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@humanrocket said:

I would say the network has a huge part to play in a show's quality. ABC is a family network, it is owned by Disney because of that, there's certain things it can't do and certain audiences its shows are meant to appeal to, those audiences usually include programming the entire family can watch, especially since it's a primetime network. The CW however, is not a family network, it's target audience are people 18-35. It's more intended to young adults rather than children, so they can be a bit more relaxed on the sex, violence and language they can use. Going on to something like HBO, that's a different horse entirely, it can range from any rating and even go MA, which can tackle heavy themes, taboo subject matter and graphic topics. So, I say being on ABC is heavily hampering AoS, they have to constantly hold back on violence, language, and have to keep a positive, up beat attitude (which comes across as heavily cheesy) to appease the masses.

who said anything about sex or even hardcore over the top violence? a show cant always depend on that dude.

#49 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12089 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont watch it either way. As soon as I saw that part where the rookie cracks a joke about the name I was like "no thanks".

#50 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12089 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure