This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) 10 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Should AbortionBe Legal or Illegal? (44 votes)

Legal 68%
Illegal 32%

Should Abortion Be Legal or Illegal?

I think it should be legal.

#1 Posted by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoo boy.

#3 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

And so it begins...

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45649 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by modernww2fare (1602 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12614 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Last thread got locked, so I think it would be a good idea if we dropped the curtain before it gets out of hand. Wouldn't you agree, @sc and @deranged_midget?

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (45649 posts) - - Show Bio

JIMMIES RUSTLED!

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

Legal and it is.

NEXT!

#10 Posted by Transformers1024 (4352 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we lock this before people start getting offended?

#11 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

What?! No! Don't lock it! This is Off Topic. I thought we were all mature enough to handle this. C'mon guys! Let's see what some people think. It's ok to say your opinion as long as you don't insult. It's just not fair for this to get locked! I'm not trying to sound like a whiner but seriously? Wtf? If this gets locked I'm gonna...Well I can't do anything but still. Give it a chance. @sc @deranged_midget

#12 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Illegal. Baby killers.

#13 Edited by russellmania77 (15831 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral

#14 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

What?! No! Don't lock it! This is Off Topic. I thought we were all mature enough to handle this. C'mon guys! Let's see what some people think. It's ok to say your opinion as long as you don't insult. It's just not fair for this to get locked! I'm not trying to sound like a whiner but seriously? Wtf? If this gets locked I'm gonna...Well I can't do anything but still. Give it a chance. @sc @deranged_midget

SC is gonna give it a chance.

It's not that you did anything wrong,it's just that,eventually topics like these end badly. But I don't think it will get locked.

#15 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

:sigh: its one of those things that really cant be answered honestly. wile i am a huge supporter for women having the right to make there own decisions but i am also anti violence period so i guess i can say i would feel hypocritical if i said yes on the question because how can one be against violence and support such a decision?

#16 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12614 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241 said:

It's not that you did anything wrong,it's just that,eventually topics like these end badly. But I don't think it will get locked.

Especially since the last one went horribly wrong.

#17 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we go...

#18 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241 said:

as long as it stays civil on both sides i really dont think the mods will care.

#19 Posted by longbowhunter (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Legal. Some people shouldn't be parents.

#20 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people shouldn't be parents.

this part i really do agree with

#21 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

If we let these babies be born, we run the risk of them having sucky lives...like mine. What I mean is most people that want abortion know that they can't take care of the kid. Ironically it's their responsibility as a parent to make that decision. They must ask themselves: If I let it be born, will it enjoy life? Will I or it be happy? That is what life is about for most people, happiness. You can say the kid's life will get better but you don't know that. They will hate life leading up to their inevitable death if you bring them into this sad, sad world. Only go through with it if you have the morals, the money, and the patience. If not throw that s*** into the dumpster.

Don't get me wrong, your kid could come out a freak-show even if you have all those things but the likelihood is just too small. As a parent you will become frustrated with bills and the child's "behavior". I put behavior in quotations because for a poor parent certain behaviors can seem unusual for a child. You understand less. That's why the poorer you are the more likely you hit your children. You simply don't have the patience. Your child might join a gang become a rapist all sorts of crap. I'm telling you the women that have abortions are probably saving more lives than they are taking away.

As for the religious side. Think logically. If you bring a child into this world that automatically exposes them to sin. That makes their chances of heaven or hell fifty fifty. Kill them in the womb and your kid goes to heaven scot-free. It's like a heaven scholarship! If you're feeling guilty...then you can repent. And you get to go to heaven too! *Italian accent* Ever E Bod E Go To Hevon! Mama Mia.

#22 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241 said:

There are tonnes of threads already. If this doesn't get locked for that reason, then it's hypocritical. Find one of many old ones and run with that.

#23 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@marvel_boy2241 said:

There are tonnes of threads already. If this doesn't get locked for that reason, then it's hypocritical. Find one of many old ones and run with that.

Hm. Good point. I thought that they got locked because topics like this always end up messy in the forums. I mean,usually by the time the 3rd page developed there would've been like,3 seperate arguments.

#24 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8023 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

#25 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

only someone heartless or a batman fan would consider abortion legal.

#26 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. Stop trying to get it locked. Just let it live.

#27 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

Ad nauseam.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/political-vibe-what-is-your-view-on-abortion-616183/

#28 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@cameron83:

Ad nauseam.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/political-vibe-what-is-your-view-on-abortion-616183/

I see :p

#29 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@cameron83:

Ad nauseam.

That thread wasn't too bad overall. I have seen and have debated in much worse.

Don't think any would come quite as close as Master John's thread though.

#30 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

Legal. Babies need to be stopped before it's too late.

#32 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Agreed. The infamy will live forever.

His name is unspeakable by Comicvine law. Punishment for breaking law is banishment

#33 Edited by judasnixon (7206 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I did a search already. While the other threads were made to discuss abortion and peoples support for it, this thread was specifically made to discuss the legalization. Technically not a dupe, but it should get locked.

The thread will cause trouble. If people just voted without voicing their opinions, then it would be fine, but that's not the case here.

@the_stegman said:

Also, I agree with Stegman on this one. Babies are trying to control the future using our accomplishments and advancements to their advantage and then send us to retirement homes. I refuse to let what we're doing to the previous generations be done unto us.

#37 Posted by longbowhunter (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Master John once tried telling me condoms didn't protect against pregnancy or STDs.

#38 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

<-- Future doctor right here. Will perform abortions for a premium!

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@lykopis: I did a search already. While the other threads were made to discuss abortion and peoples support for it, this thread was specifically made to discuss the legalization. Technically not a dupe, but it should get locked.

The thread will cause trouble. If people just voted without voicing their opinions, then it would be fine, but that's not the case here.

@the_stegman said:

Also, I agree with Stegman on this one. Babies are trying to control the future using our accomplishments and advancements to their advantage and then send us to retirement homes. I refuse to let what we're doing to the previous generations be done unto us.

The future generations would thank us

#42 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to crack out the baby menu ---

@lykopis: I miss yo face......

babes...

#43 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

pro abortion, death penalty and euthanasia

if it kills, I wills

#44 Posted by VenomousTaco (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: No, I'm a Batman fan and I know abortion is wrong.

As for this topic, people should know what's right and what's wrong. Abortion is just a "politically-correct" way to say baby-murder. It's wrong to end someone's life just because you were irresponsible. I can understand some of the reasons people agree with abortion, however murder is murder and it's wrong.

Pertaining to the locking of this thread: This would only end up locked if you people decide to insult each other, instead of discussing this serious topic. This is America (over here at least), we have the freedom of opinion. If you don't agree with someone, don't insult them. Respect their opinion (even if their wrong).

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Yeah sorry guys, just continue off the threads that are already made!