Shoiuld "pickup artist" Julien Blanc be banned from the UK?- I say NO!

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Julien Blanc , an American "pick up artist"( his"boot camps" teach men- usually socially inadequate- how to "pick up women"- presumably for "one night stands" and include unconcealed references to emotional and physical coercion) has been threatened with being banned from entry to the UK(he has been refused entry to Canada and has been expelled from Australia). Should he be banned?- my view is that as reprehensible as I (as a man) may find his advocacy- is NO?

As much as his practices and views may offend individuals of both sexes, I am mindful of the late US President Dwight Eisenhower's reminder against "joining the bookburners and banners"- it would be far more effective to demonstrate and heckle him rather than, in the words of a (male) "Evening Standard" columnist, turn a moron into a martyr.

Anybody think as I do?

Terry

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By laflux

From what I've read of this guy, some of the stuff he does comes across as pretty bad.

But in the words of Voltaire: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” And I don't think this is mitigated by the so called public threat that he causes.

I hate to be that guy, but picking up any girl/guy in a Nightclub often involves some amount of "subminal" actions that although actually seem innocent, can make someone alot more likely to go with him/her.

On some level, it comes down to a scale, and we are on it somewhere. I'm probably somewhere on the Dapper Laughs section if I'm honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Last I heard, he's since apologised and claims it was a poorly done joke gone too far. I'm not curious enough about him to look much into it. He sounds like an idiot, either way.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

So the U.K. doesn't have freedom or speech?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah freedom!