rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Series 3 episode 1, 'The Empty Hearse' has just aired and it was superb. It's only fitting that this magnificent series should have its own thread on Comicvine.

Even if nobody posts on it.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, it aired...d*** I missed it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Oh, it aired...d*** I missed it.

Life.

You failed it.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like how they didn't really explain how Sherlock survived the fall.........

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had never seen the show before, yet today I marathoned the first 2 seasons and am currently watching the 1st episode of the 3rd season. So far it's great!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Loki9876

I saw it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was a little disappointed. Still a good episode.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

I like how they didn't really explain how Sherlock survived the fall.........

They sort of said that because John prayed for him to it happened. Probably a reference to Holmes' rebirth in the canon which was due to the public outcry.

I liked the mention of Sherringford that was AWESOME.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Squalleon

I really liked this episode, it was more character driven that plot driven in comparizon to the previous seasons but i had no problem with it since the interactions between the characters were great.

@rogueshadow: Just one thing I didn't understand why did he explain how he survived in Anderson? And why did it piss Anderson off?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Anyway I really liked this episode, it was more character driven that plot driven in comparizon to the previous seasons but i had no problem with it since the interactions between the characters were great.

@rogueshadow: Just one thing I didn't understand why did he explained how he survived in Anderson?

I don't think that was how he actually did it, there were many loose ends which Anderson was racking his brains to find out, I think it was Sherlock's punishment, leaving him in a intellectual/psychological purgatory so to speak.

Also, I'm thinking that Magnussen is actually after Mary for some reason, not Sherlock.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Anyway I really liked this episode, it was more character driven that plot driven in comparizon to the previous seasons but i had no problem with it since the interactions between the characters were great.

@rogueshadow: Just one thing I didn't understand why did he explained how he survived in Anderson?

I don't think that was how he actually did it, there were many loose ends which Anderson was racking his brains to find out, I think it was Sherlock's punishment, leaving him in a intellectual/psychological purgatory so to speak.

Also, I'm thinking that Magnussen is actually after Mary for some reason, not Sherlock.

I thought of that too, thanks :-)
Possibly she has shown to be quite smart even Sherlock was curious. The message was send to her not Sherlock and she solved it so your theory has strong footing.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Veshark

Entertaining episode, as expected from the series. I will say that the episode focused more on Sherlock reconnecting with his London life, but the whole terrorist plot was kinda...dry. I know all will be revealed in time, but for now, ehh not so impressive. Still, I did enjoy this ep a lot, solid character work, always witty dialogue (those cuts between Sherlock and John? Hilarious), and I'm glad they didn't spoil how Sherlock faked his death but used a complicated number of explanations to entice the viewer (Probably ripped off online theories!).

Also, funny fact: those are Benedict Cumberbatch's real parents.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@squalleon said:

I thought of that too, thanks :-)

Possibly she has shown to be quite smart even Sherlock was curious. The message was send to her not Sherlock and she solved it so your theory has strong footing.

Especially considering he is based on Charles Augustus Milverton, a man who bribed women out of money prior to their weddings by threatening to expose their sordid histories.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: And the actor who plays Mary is Martin Freeman's spouse.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nerdork

@rogueshadow Thanks for starting a great thread! I love this series to death.

@thetruebarryallen said:

I had never seen the show before, yet today I marathoned the first 2 seasons and am currently watching the 1st episode of the 3rd season. So far it's great!

Ha, that's funny. I did the same thing this last weekend. I am hooked, just like i got hooked to The Wire.

For me, that is a big statement.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@veshark said:

Entertaining episode, as expected from the series. I will say that the episode focused more on Sherlock reconnecting with his London life, but the whole terrorist plot was kinda...dry. I know all will be revealed in time, but for now, ehh not so impressive. Still, I did enjoy this ep a lot, solid character work, always witty dialogue (those cuts between Sherlock and John? Hilarious), and I'm glad they didn't spoil how Sherlock faked his death but used a complicated number of explanations to entice the viewer (Probably ripped off online theories!).

Really? Wow I didn't know that. I did find out that Mary, John's fiancee is Martin Freeman's real wife so it's cool they got Benedict's actual parents too.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@veshark said:

Really? Wow I didn't know that. I did find out that Mary, John's fiancee is Martin Freeman's real wife so it's cool they got Benedict's actual parents too.

Ha, I didn't know that. That's awesome.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

What did you think? Did everybody catch the Charles Augustus Milverton reference in the, 'Telegrams'? I can't help but think Mary is going to meet her maker next episode.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Knew it. He moved the gun at the last moment. A.K.A. It missed him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Done with season 3.

Heh. The moment TV started going blurry, I was like..

Loading Video...

So.. Moriarty might be the second best computer hacker we've seen on TV..

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Any idea when season 4 is coming out?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

I believe it's Dec of this year.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Neeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrds.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@14nc3 said:

I heard they are predicting its release in 2016. I don't think they know themselves to be honest.

@princearagorn1 I think I know know how he faked his death...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999 said:

@14nc3 said:

I heard they are predicting its release in 2016. I don't think they know themselves to be honest.

@princearagorn1 I think I know know how he faked his death...

Healing factor. Obviously. :p

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@princearagorn1: Lol.

But do you remember when he sprayed the guy in the mouth while stealing the crown jewels and he used a spray to knockout the guard? If you listen carefully to the moment he shoots himself there is a small spraying sound, Sherlock closes his eyes and jumps away in shock. I think he spayed himself in the mouth with whatever compound he utilised to knock out the guard.