SHAZAM!

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Edited By FatFriar_16

After I found out that Batman was given a Kryptonite ring by Superman (in case Superman ever needed to be killes), I though to myself, "Well, that's dumb. Batman doesn't need a Kryptonite right, it's not his style. He'd use his brain to beat the Superman. He'd probably find a way to teleport him to a part of the universe with no sun, rendering him powerless... Or, just sick Zatanna on him."

Today, I was thinking about Cap' Marvel. It would be pretty wicked if Marvel killed or at least beat up Superman. Assuming that the Kryptonian is still powerless against magic, Marvel should be able to kill the crap out of him (because his powers are all magic-based).

I know the chances of this ever happening are pretty low (given both of their character traits).

But, has this or something like it ever happened? Could it happen?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By impossibilly

@FatFriar_16 said:

Today, I was thinking about Cap' Marvel. It would be pretty wicked if Marvel killed or at least beat up Superman. Assuming that the Kryptonian is still powerless against magic, Marvel should be able to kill the crap out of him (because his powers are all magic-based).

I know the chances of this ever happening are pretty low (given both of their character traits).

But, has this or something like it ever happened? Could it happen?

Get thine eyes to a copy of Kingdom Come! Your Superman vs. Captain Marvel question will be answered, and it's one of the best (IMHO) DC stories ever. You will not regret it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Being vulnerable/susceptible to magic doesn't make Superman powerless against magic, it simply means he's not completely immune to magic; magic can have effect.

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FatFriar_16

@impossibilly: Man, now I need that book!!!

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatFriar_16

@PowerHerc: Alright, I admit I'm kind of a fish out of water here, preferring Marvel. But, I was under the impression that Superman was powerless against magic, not just susceptible. You are probably right though. Still, it looks like a great match-up.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@FatFriar_16:

I prefer Marvel, too (slightly) and I agree; It is a good match-up.

If you do indeed read "Kingdom Come" you'll be glad you did. It's great.