Shame on Cartoon Network

• 84 results
darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Honestly it would not matter to me if they did not air Cartoon Network anymore!! Here is some of the GOOD shows they cut off: Teen Titans (the original one), Young Justice, Green Lantern, He-Man (2002 series), and Thundercats (2011 series).... These were some good ass shows and even Cartoon Network admitted that a lot of them had positive ratings, but due to them not selling enough toys they did away with a lot of these shows, even though some of these shows were more for mature audience! So do they honestly think that young adults are going to buy some action figures and get in the floor and start playing toys? This is nonsense, and I no longer even watch Cartoon Network because of this. They will start a good show that most of us fall in love with and then in the end they will cancel it and leave us in a cliffhanger! I mean some other networks have done the same, but not as bad, at least, not that I know of! I do not mind if a show lasts 1 season but what I do mind is when they give us cliffhangers! For example: Thundercats (2011) was number 1 in their timeslot and they told us that it would have 50+ episodes but then they lied to us about that and now they are saying that even though it did amazing, it did not sell as much toys! Who cares? It was more for older viewers, and plus toys nowadays cost an arm and a leg... I mean look at other shows that are for young adults, they do not sell a lot of toys and some do not even make toys for their shows... Instead Cartoon Network gives us shows like Gumball, Teen Titan's Go, Adventure Time instead of epic shows! As I said, I can deal with a series only having 1 or 2 seasons, but when they do these cliffhangers, it is not fair or right for us fans who want to know what happens next, at least finish the shows even if it is 20 episodes!! I wish I could get others to stop watching Cartoon Network, so maybe then they will think about us fans and not over priced toys! So do any of you guys agree? What shows did you love that was cancelled before their time?

P.S As I said Cartoon Network is not the only channel that has done this but they seem to be doing it more than any other network. "Wolverine and the X-Men", was on Nicktoons, and it was cancelled, and Nicktoons said that it was one of the most watched high rating shows on their network, but due to not enough toys being sold and disagreements, they cancelled some thing good and epic, but at least this is not with almost every show they put out and they have a few good shows that they did not cancel before its time. Toon Disney had "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go" that did awesome but that show also ended up as a cliffhanger.. Disney XD, cancelled "The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes", but at least they did not make it a cliffhanger, and they did make a sequel to it! The newer Avenger Assemble series is already going to be on its second season, and when I go to Walmart, I do not see a bunch of "Avengers Assemble" toys, but yet they're making a second season, and so far not leaving us in a cliffhanger!

I wish if Cartoon Network is going to continue making shows and leaving us in a cliffhanger, that they at least finish it on either DVD or Netflix!

Anyways, which shows did you guys love that was cancelled and left you in a cliffhanger? I really would love to know....

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TL;DR.

Someone's salty.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped at Thundercats. That showed sucks.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTGO is actually good.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kgb725

Well the point is to sell toys ratings or not

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: *throws salt at*

*gives you bad luck for spilling salt and then throwing it*

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My brothers forced me to try and memorize the theme to Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go when I was younger...

Never forgive, never forget.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I won't even watch cartoons until I get at least 2 seasons to watch and if I research and finds it ends on a cliffhanger, I may still skip it.

I blame the writers of producers for not concluding their arcs and screwing fans just as much as the networks do by cancelling the show.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: *is salting you for Pennywise*

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11 frozen  Moderator

Teen Titans has nothing on the Justice League.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just makes me mad (salty) that a lot of good shows have left us hanging in cliffhangers... I do not see how Gumball, and other non epic cartoons make it more than the epic ones do... Can anyone honestly say TTGO is better than the original Teen Titans? I mean if you like funny shows then I guess you can say it is better, but why do most of the serious and epic shows get cancelled before their time? Anyways, which shows did you guys like that got cancelled? @comic_book_fan@lukehero@jedixman@shootingnova@vaeternus@reikai

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

If it makes you feel better, at least Stuart Synder is finally gone.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

eh, don't care.

if you get to know about economics in tv programming, and look at how much cartoon network was ACTUALLY SPENDING on keeping those shows on the air, you'd see that they just weren't making enough money to justify keeping it. they rely heavily these days on income from toys, so they can spend more money on writers and air time, promotions, and rights. they are able to make such good shows that you might get pissy about a cancellation BECAUSE they earn the extra income from toys. so if a show they are making isn't selling toys, they would be actually producing the shows at a financial loss, Thundercats is a good example, that show was supposed to cost more than they were earning from it.

you can't legitimately ask a company to continue producing a product at the companies expense, that's just irresponsibly selfishly unintelligent.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bierschneeman: I can't quote because I'm on my phone but this is correct. Cartoonnetwork will not show as many serious shows simply because they are not as profitable as shows for kids. However that being said, I do like adventure time and regular show only.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spideysense44

What about real tv shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo, Flapjack, 6teen

Heman and thundercats got low ratings none of these shows ever did

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F!&k Cartoon Network for leaving us Young Justice and Teen Titans Fans on the biggest cliffhangers ever. F!#king Darseid was going to show up wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh, don't care.

if you get to know about economics in tv programming, and look at how much cartoon network was ACTUALLY SPENDING on keeping those shows on the air, you'd see that they just weren't making enough money to justify keeping it. they rely heavily these days on income from toys, so they can spend more money on writers and air time, promotions, and rights. they are able to make such good shows that you might get pissy about a cancellation BECAUSE they earn the extra income from toys. so if a show they are making isn't selling toys, they would be actually producing the shows at a financial loss, Thundercats is a good example, that show was supposed to cost more than they were earning from it.

you can't legitimately ask a company to continue producing a product at the companies expense, that's just irresponsibly selfishly unintelligent.

Yet they have shows airing that do not sell toys at all? Thundercats and Young Justice had the most ratings of their time slot, so it was not like they were poor shows, they were real good shows, and I never seen hardly Thundercat toys in the stores, so it was not like people did not want to buy them but most of these local stories did not sell them.... Also Thundercats was PG 13 the same as Starwars clone wars, so it was not like a little kids show and they even put it on Adult Swim, and can you name 1 show on Adult Swim that sells toys? What is unintelligent is making all these dumb shows they have on airing but yet they leave cliffhangers on the good shows....

@spideysense44: no those were all good shows back then, but what I do not get like so many people do not get is why do they get rid of the epic shows? They replaced Young Justice with Teen Titans Go, which Young Justice and Green Lantern did way better than that show did...

@godzilla44: I know right? The only 3 good shows that I would call epic and say lasted the longest was the Ben 10 series, Justice League series, and Starwars the clone wars series.. The rest of the shows they will cancel them and not even care to at least finish it without leaving us in cliffhangers... Another good show was Inyushia (Adult Swim) which did very, very, very well and I do not recall them making lots of toys of Inyushia.... Classic Cartoon Network did way better back in the day then they do now so that should say something about the shows they air for us to watch.. Sailor Moon & Dragon Ball Z also was epic and helped Cartoon Network have a lot of ratings, and besides Dragon Ball Z, I did not see a lot of Sailor Moon toys but yet since it produced so much ratings they made about like, what, 6 seasons? Point is that if Cartoon Network knows that they will cancel all the good shows that fans love watching then they should stick with the shows they have now and not remake a show like Thundercats, or any old show, only for them to cancel it before it is even finished.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnnyZ256

This belongs in the Off-Topic forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they kind of suck.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still upset about young justice

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adventure Time and Steven Universe> All the shows you've mentioned.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why you hate in on cn it a good show dog

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea. it's life tho.. great shows get canceled constantly.

seriously.. that thundercats was a lot better than i expected. Caught it on toonami when they were airing it a while ago.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 SC  Moderator

@woundermangirl: Your behavior is odd and not odd in a good way. Refrain from addressing users in a personal context or telling them to kiss your butt and then posting pictures of cartoon butts. This is a warning not to do so. Thank you.

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok my bad

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mediocregeist

@sc said:

@woundermangirl: Your behavior is odd and not odd in a good way. Refrain from addressing users in a personal context or telling them to kiss your butt and then posting pictures of cartoon butts. This is a warning not to do so. Thank you.

Kiss my butte!

No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 SC  Moderator

@mediocregeist: Promotion of beautiful natural rock formations is allowable and encouraged. Granted I hope that really is your butte and that you are not appropriating it from indigenous peoples.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mediocregeist

@sc: Don't tell anyone, but I stole it >.>

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Kiss my butte!

No Caption Provided

So you are the real Ben Grimm then?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think so. XD

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spideysense44
russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pshh rick and morty, Steven universe, adventure time and regular show are still on so screw u cn haters

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did leave young justice and Teen Titans unfinished...

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I loved GL:TAS and YJ as much as any other comicbook fan but Adventure Time and Steven Universe aren't really as bad as you think

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been salty with them since the whole "cancelling Chowder" thing.

Yes, I know it has been four years now, and that there are other good shows on Cartoon Network, but it wasn't just them cancelling it that burns me.
Oh, and DC Nation.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I. Boy, do I dislike LONG winded paragraphs. Your first paragraph can easily be 3 different paragraphs. It is easier for the eyes you know.

II. I don't know how old you are which is affecting my judgement on the post.

III. I can understand your frustration but it isn't a big deal. You posted, one will fall in love with a show and then it gets cancelled and it sucks. Yes, it sucks but that is life, sometimes it sucks. How about falling in love with someone, building a life together, and have him/her break your trust, steal your money, and et cetera.

There are worse things that can happen in life other than shows being cancelled.

IV. "it did not sell as much toys! Who cares?" Obviously, the corporation. These shows cost money to make, if they are not making money, why would they continue making the show? Cartoons are a business.

V. Yes, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon ended in a cliffhanger and it sucked for me. You know what happened, I got over it. I seen this happen several times. I have now realized, you, me, we can come up with the story for ourselves. We can make a fan fiction of how the show ended after the cliffhanger.

VI. I'd like to post more but this post is too long already for average users. (+)

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Boy, do I dislike LONG winded paragraphs. Your first paragraph can easily be 3 different paragraphs. It is easier for the eyes you know.

II. I don't know how old you are which is affecting my judgement on the post.

III. I can understand your frustration but it isn't a big deal. You posted, one will fall in love with a show and then it gets cancelled and it sucks. Yes, it sucks but that is life, sometimes it sucks. How about falling in love with someone, building a life together, and have him/her break your trust, steal your money, and et cetera.

There are worse things that can happen in life other than shows being cancelled.

IV. "it did not sell as much toys! Who cares?" Obviously, the corporation. These shows cost money to make, if they are not making money, why would they continue making the show? Cartoons are a business.

V. Yes, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon ended in a cliffhanger and it sucked for me. You know what happened, I got over it. I seen this happen several times. I have now realized, you, me, we can come up with the story for ourselves. We can make a fan fiction of how the show ended after the cliffhanger.

VI. I'd like to post more but this post is too long already for average users. (+)

If you are talking about me then can you tell me how anything you said has to do with falling in love? Just because someone states an opinion does not mean it is affecting them badly, but this is general discussion after all is it not? I think we all been hurt and lost trust with someone we loved, but this has nothing to do with what I posted lol... I mean it is not the end of the world and there is more serious issues than this but still yet this is a talk page and my topic is no different than any other topic on this forum site... No one is trying to get a petition done against Cartoon Network just because someone states an opinion.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm over it by now.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Bierschneeman

@darklord_apoc said:

@bierschneeman said:

eh, don't care.

and I never seen hardly Thundercat toys in the stores, so it was not like people did not want to buy them but most of these local stories did not sell them.... Also Thundercats was PG 13 the same as Starwars clone wars, so it was not like a little kids show and they even put it on Adult Swim, and can you name 1 show on Adult Swim that sells toys? What is unintelligent is making all these dumb shows they have on airing but yet they leave cliffhangers on the good shows....

I saw Thundercats toys all the time when it was airing, they were always in stock at my local target, usually a sign that they aren't being sold. then they got hit with wave after wave of mark downs until they were finally clearanced. all in really quick succession.

you just named a show that was MASSIVELY supported by toys production. The Clone wars has a huge income from toys that no other show can beat, lo and behold, they were NOT CANCELLED, they went through the full course of production, they made as many episodes as they wanted to and retired the cartoon when they were good and ready to.

ohh speaking of Target, I was just out shopping, decided to take a spin on the toy aisles of every store I went into, guess what I saw.... Regular show, adventure time (A LOT OF IT TOO), ed edd and eddy (really....? still popular enough for toys?), a TON of Ben 10 (thoroughly rifled through) , Flapjack (who?) and a few more with CN labels I couldn't interpret which shows they belonged too. as well, a few years back I remember seeing lots of Samurai Jack, and Foster's Home. and of course, the ubiquitous Star Wars toys.

the intelligence is, they spend a ton of money on your so called good shows, and they see negative returns. they are spending more than they are earning off of them. but those dumb shows often cost less to make, and are earning hand over fist more.

if they rand things the way you are saying they should, theyd be out of business.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i saw uncle Grandpa I was like fo real? Really? This is what you guys wanna do now, really?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I gave up on Cartoon Network years ago. They are definitely not what they used to be. I'm mad that one of my most-watched childhood channels has become crap, and I can't believe a show's lifespan is contingent on toy sales. That's probably why Disney XD keeps Ultimate Spider-Man on the air...