• 107 results
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By castleking

i was recently looking at an old thread and came upon one where i saw a lot of the male posters name calling and makin insinuations at the OP starter simply for asking an honest question. I realized the level of maturity took a massive drop from people that i thought were older and would be more mature , the question was a simple and honest question if a person felt that there was any good looking male movie stars in Hollywood of a particular ethnic group. I guess this question might be more readily answered by females and one would expect that to be the most likely people to reply, instead it seem a large number of guys were the 1st to come in and state how they are not homosexual and do not judge other men in appearance and attractiveness while eluding to the OP's sexuality and making fun of them for even asking the question.

I personally have no problems judging a man by their appearance, i am not a homosexual but i am not blind and can see what a woman would find attractive about another male. I dont think that is enough to make me question my sexuality since i believe i can be honest with myself and have no reason to pretend not to see another person's attractive qualities. I guess i would say i am secure in my manhood enough to say, "yeh, that dudes a good lookin cat, no wonder women like him."

I wont lie there have been times that i had been envious  of someone else other then myself for their looks, i have at times wished i were Brad Pitt, Will Smith so that i can live their lives and get the women that i wanted and have them come to me in droves. 

While reading the thread i noticed another poster stated why a guy cannot acknowledge another man's attractiveness but are readily able to harp on an ugly guy and make fun of them and used examples of certain celebrities that are just unattractive at least from the conventional sense, Flavor Flav. I agreed in that if a man can call someone ugly he is already judging a man's attractive qualities and he doesnt need to be attracted to him to do so.

Are these people extremely immature or are they insecure in their own sexuality and afraid to confront themselves or their deep seeded urges they might have?
thoughts, opinions, questions?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's not always insecurity, it can be a learned response, from parents or that organised intellectual death camp known as High School. 

But yes, it's silly in any event.

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wise Son
@castleking said:

Are these people extremely immature or are they insecure in their own sexuality and afraid to confront themselves or their deep seeded urges they might have? thoughts, opinions, questions?
I think immaturity could also play a factor in it as well.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Vortex13

I see that kind of thing all the time. People afraid to be called gay and therefore are militantly against judging someone of the same sex (if they are a heterosexual) for fear of being judged. I think it is more about immaturity than insecurity though.

No Caption Provided
This dude is extremely good looking. I recognize that with no fear of being called gay because I'm not and have no issue with recognizing a man with an amazing body. I totally see why a a woman or a gay guy would find him sexy. He is sculpted like a freaking Greek god lol.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

This reminds me of the time, I came across these orphaned three legged puppies, and these gangs, like, about 200 gangs, all throwing... grenades at the puppy, and so I walked up to them, and said... 'hey you guys stop' then they did, and then some supermodels came and made me the king of awesome. So yeah, I think its a bit of a societal thing, and an insecurity thing and a distortion of what common sense and common perceptions. Of and of course homophobia. Can't forget that. Sometimes there is even just thoughtless type mocking. Laziness in insults. Some times its a matter of perceptions. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

they say that it takes a man who's secure with his sexuality to actually look at another guy and say whether he's attractive or not

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Vortex13: hm I dont think he is good looking, he has a nice body but yea not good looking IMO
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vortex13
@spiderbat87 said:
@Vortex13: hm I dont think he is good looking, he has a nice body but yea not good looking IMO
Oh come on dude, HE'S F##KING WOLVERINE! lol.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Vortex13 said:
@spiderbat87 said:
For lack of better words "he just dosent do it for me"
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vortex13
@spiderbat87 said:
@Vortex13 said:
@spiderbat87 said:
For lack of better words "he just dosent do it for me"
Fair enough.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By SpidermanWins

Great thread but yes most of it is immaturity of fear of being called gay and being viewed differently. I myself am not gay but I think that's just stupid.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator

I like being called gay by other people. You know that whole stereotype about gay guys having good fashion sense. Then again, I know my fashion sense sucks... its probably all the Blue Magazines I carry around. I like that magazine for the articles. 

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking: Honest question, what is with all the blogs? are you trying to build up something? (am being honest not picking on you)

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@castleking said:
I personally have no problems judging a man by their appearance, i am not a homosexual but i am not blind and can see what a woman would find attractive about another male. I dont think that is enough to make me question my sexuality since i believe i can be honest with myself and have no reason to pretend not to see another person's attractive qualities. I guess i would say i am secure in my manhood enough to say, "yeh, that dudes a good lookin cat, no wonder women like him."
More guys need to do this. I know that I'm not gay, but I do put my hands all over my other guy friends just to make them uncomfortable. It's fun. I mean I'm not gonna point out another guy and say that he is attractive, but I can accept that someone is good looking. I think most guys are just insecure and think that if they attack someone else it will make them more certain of their own sexuality, even though it won't.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking
@hydrabob said:
More guys need to do this. I know that I'm not gay, but I do put my hands all over my other guy friends just to make them uncomfortable. It's fun. I mean I'm not gonna point out another guy and say that he is attractive, but I can accept that someone is good looking. I think most guys are just insecure and think that if they attack someone else it will make them more certain of their own sexuality, even though it won't.
now that is just gay. 

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vortex13
@castleking: No it's not, I do that too lol.
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking said:
@hydrabob said:
now that is just gay. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By castleking
@Vortex13: @hydrabob

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By the_stegman

pfft i'm a heterosexual man and i can honestly say, if i had the chance to date Jared Leto, i'd probably take it, you don't have to be gay to find a man attractive  

i mean LOOK at him!
 i mean LOOK at him!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@.Mistress Redhead. said:

@castleking: Honest question, what is with all the blogs? are you trying to build up something? (am being honest not picking on you)

I was thinking the same thing MR.
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally like the blogs. I tend to disagree with a lot of things people say on here, but they usually give me things to think about at work. Case in point, it's going to give me much to think about when I'm snapping my male co-worker's underwear. Out of respect, of course.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:
Acknowledging another man's attractiveness isn't something you have to vocalize.I don't judge men on their appearance as far as stating they are attractive not because i'm homophobic and I don't want people to think i'm gay or because i'm immature but because as a heterosexual man it doesn't make sense.I'm not into men so why should I care if a man is attractive or not? Usually when someone says "I'm secure in my manhood" they are about to say something gay and they don't want to judge them for it.Unless you are doing something that requires your opinion of a man's appearance like judging a modeling competition or something..I don't see why a straight man ever has to acknowledge the attractiveness of another. 
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@castleking: You're funny and sincere, I like that. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By castleking
@Mr. Mercury said:
cool, so long as it is not in a gay way... 
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@Vance Astro: It's natural to see somebody attractive, man or women, and think naturally in your head they're attractive. Just like calling somebody ugly or unattractive. It is what it is. 

@castleking said:
@Mr. Mercury said:
cool, so long as it is not in a gay way... 
Uhhm no, castleking.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TypingKira

Girls check each other out all the time in a non-gay way, to see if, 'hey, is my butt as cute as hers?' or, "hey, are my eyes as sexy and alluring as hers" and, "does that guy really think that lipstick is hot?"  and even, "holy crap, there's a bunny on that t-shirt, I want it." 

I think there is a certain amount of not wanting to look gay, but i also think that sometimes there's a bit of a pride factor involved in it. "No way that guy is slightly more attractive than me!"  

And that's not to say that that's what everyone thinks or says or acts, I'm just throwing something out there. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By castleking
@Mr. Mercury

just making fun of people who think any form of compliment from one person to another of the same gender might think it is gay.
but, thx. i try to be sincere and make good threads and blogs  even though at times not everyone agrees with my world views. 
but, it is better to be hated for who you are then be loved for someone you are not. something someone once told me.
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking said:
@Mr. Mercury:   just making fun of people who think any form of compliment from one person to another of the same gender might think it is gay. but, thx. i try to be sincere and make good threads even though at times not everyone agrees with my world views.  but, it is better to be hated for who you are then be loved for someone you are not. something someone once told me.
Sounds like something on a fortune cookie.
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@castleking: It's funny how conditioned we get as a society to become ignorant to human nature.  When you pick friends, do you go for the guys with greasy hair, acne, bad posture and terrible clothes. Or the guys with nice hair, big smiles, nice clothes and good skin. As much as we(guys) try to turn a blind eye to thinking a guy is attractive our actions say otherwise.  

I like your blogs by the way. Post as many awesome topics as you like. I mean if somebody doesn't like it they can scroll past it, simple as that.
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Renchamp said:

This. I'm befuddled. They all seem like sociology experiments.

@Vance Astro said:

I was thinking the same thing MR.

I have a feeling he thinks we are picking on him (which of course we are not, these blogs are valid as anything else!), but I am honestly curious as he seems to be keen on them. Was wondering if it was part of some sort of bigger project or study, or simply a question of trying to build up Comic Vine's off topic section.

Not sure why we are not getting a reply though..

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By castleking
@hydrabob said:
@castleking said:
@Mr. Mercury:   just making fun of people who think any form of compliment from one person to another of the same gender might think it is gay. but, thx. i try to be sincere and make good threads even though at times not everyone agrees with my world views.  but, it is better to be hated for who you are then be loved for someone you are not. something someone once told me.
Sounds like something on a fortune cookie.
nah, its too long to fit inside the cookie.
besides a cute girl told me that when i become submissive around her something she prefers i didnt do.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Mr. Mercury said:
@castleking: It's funny how conditioned we get as a society to become ignorant to human nature.  When you pick friends, do you go for the guys with greasy hair, acne, bad posture and terrible clothes. Or the guys with nice hair, big smiles, nice clothes and good skin. As much as we(guys) try to turn a blind eye to thinking a guy is attractive our actions say otherwise.   I like your blogs by the way. Post as many awesome topics as you like. I mean if somebody doesn't like they can scroll past it, simple as that.
Thinking a guy is attractive and saying it is something different.I can't sit here and deny that I wouldn't hang out with a dude if he was hideous but I don't tell him I think he's attractive.What is he going to do with that information? The fact that another man thinks he's attractive? If we are both straight I leave what I think in my head because i'm sure he and I both care more what women think about our appearance then other men.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By castleking
@Vance Astro

that gave me a funny mental image.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@Vance Astro: Agreed, there's no reason to go around telling everybody they're attractive. You wouldn't do it to every girl you see either. But if the conversation comes up and guy says, "Yeah, he's a good looking guy." The reaction shouldn't be, "Mann, you gay." I think it's petty, but that's just my opinion, we all have our own and I'm fine with that.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By whacknasty
Hmm... I think I'll agree with it is a combination of immaturity, fear of being labeled one thing or another (gay, insecure, etc.), and societal practices/accepted behaviors. I can say I have a small list running in my head all the time of who I think is handsome or beautiful for no reason I'm aware of, other than being able to answer if someone asks me "Hey, who do you think is a good looking guy/girl?" Nothing too deep beyond that. I don't reveal my list unless prompted though...lol. 

@hydrabob said: 

I worked with a guy for a few years who is gay, and he thought it was funny to grab/touch all of the guys' arms/shoulders that he was friends with, just to see their reactions.  I thought it was a bit weird, but hilarious.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By utotheg38

lol you guy's are funny, What does It mean to be attractive?/ how do you get this perception of attractiveness?/ do you think you've gained this perception of attractiveness by yourself?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Mr. Mercury said:

"Yeah, he's a good looking guy." The reaction shouldn't be, "Man, you gay." I think it's petty, but that's just my opinion, we all have our own and I'm fine with that.

I agree.I guess what I'm getting at is I don't see this as an issue because I don't know what other guys are talking about but it never comes up in my conversations not even with females.I agree that it's petty to not want to admit what you really think i'm just saying that if you're offering your opinion on men's looks for the hell of it, it's kind of gay. 

@TypingKira said:

Girls check each other out all the time in a non-gay way, to see if, 'hey, is my butt as cute as hers?' or, "hey, are my eyes as sexy and alluring as hers" and, "does that guy really think that lipstick is hot?"  and even, "holy crap, there's a bunny on that t-shirt, I want it."  I think there is a certain amount of not wanting to look gay, but i also think that sometimes there's a bit of a pride factor involved in it. "No way that guy is slightly more attractive than me!"   And that's not to say that that's what everyone thinks or says or acts, I'm just throwing something out there. 

That's an accepted double standard.For two girls to be comparing butts is kind of.....gay.Nobody is going to tell a woman that though.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By castleking
@whacknasty said:

I worked with a guy for a few years who is gay, and he thought it was funny to grab/touch all of the guys' arms/shoulders that he was friends with, just to see their reactions.  I thought it was a bit weird, but hilarious.
also childish and if that isnt enough immature. >_>
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:
@whacknasty said:

also childish and if that isnt enough immature. >_>
I think when someone is doing something for a laugh or entertainment..it's pretty much understood that it's going to be immature.
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@utotheg38 said:

lol you guy's are funny, What does It mean to be attractive?/ how do you get this perception of attractiveness?/ do you think you've gained this perception of attractiveness by yourself?

I don't think anybody's saying there's one set ideal of attractiveness. Because we all know what you find attractive is subjective.  

But your question brings me back to human nature. We all find things attractive whether it be sexually, visually, aesthetically, personality etc. So when somebody says or thinks a person of the same gender is attractive it shouldn't be written off as gay.  

@Vance Astro: Of course, I agree. Random declarations and table discussion about how attractive a guy of the same gender is a but bizarre. But you know i'm sure it happens somewhere. :)
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By whacknasty
@castleking: True, I can't argue with that.  I guess maybe  it eased some of the tension that seemed to be there when new guys were hired. No one got stuck in the "how do I act/not act around him if I'm straight?" pattern that I saw with guys from other floors/departments... 

@utotheg38 said:
That's a really good point as well. I try to look for things that I consider handsome/beautiful, and when it doesn't match the more popular opinion, I feel almost liked I chose the better path...lol.  But yeah, its hard to look beyond what you are taught is handsome/beautiful in every form of media and schooling from when you are a toddler on up...
MAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MAllen

I tend to think I know a good-looking guy when I see one.  And, I'm always asking input from my wife if I'm not sure.  You know, "Is that guy good looking?  Really?!"   That said, I still can't help a quote from Seinfeld being one of my favorites. 

Elaine: "You can't find beauty in a man?"
Jerry: "No.  I find them repugnant and unappealing." 

Classic.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TypingKira
@Vance Astro said:
@Mr. Mercury said:

"Yeah, he's a good looking guy." The reaction shouldn't be, "Man, you gay." I think it's petty, but that's just my opinion, we all have our own and I'm fine with that.

I agree.I guess what I'm getting at is I don't see this as an issue because I don't know what other guys are talking about but it never comes up in my conversations not even with females.I agree that it's petty to not want to admit what you really think i'm just saying that if you're offering your opinion on men's looks for the hell of it, it's kind of gay. 

@TypingKira said:

Girls check each other out all the time in a non-gay way, to see if, 'hey, is my butt as cute as hers?' or, "hey, are my eyes as sexy and alluring as hers" and, "does that guy really think that lipstick is hot?"  and even, "holy crap, there's a bunny on that t-shirt, I want it."  I think there is a certain amount of not wanting to look gay, but i also think that sometimes there's a bit of a pride factor involved in it. "No way that guy is slightly more attractive than me!"   And that's not to say that that's what everyone thinks or says or acts, I'm just throwing something out there. 

That's an accepted double standard.For two girls to be comparing butts is kind of.....gay.Nobody is going to tell a woman that though.
When every pop and rap song is talking about how guys only like t+a, it's not gay. It's fair. If your @ss doesn't look like Jlo's, you're not hot, that's what we're hearing. 
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vortex13
@aztek the lost: I'm straight, yet I still can comment on guys attractiveness though like you I can't really place why I think they are attractive. But I don't get your comment about acting straight. What exactly does acting straight even mean? If it means hitting on women or finding them highly appealing then yes I am straight. If it means talking about what kind of things you'd like to do to said girls I would be excluded I don't really do that often. I love women, I love they the look, walk etc, but why that means I can't find guys attractive in a non sexual sense is a trait that makes you somehow not to be acting straight I don't get.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By castleking
@whacknasty

i dont know why but in my life there has been people who have felt comfortable enough to tell me they are gay or bi even when they shouldnt due to negative consequences from our jobs. 
watch @ 5:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9_3QzHizuo&feature=related 

my response is usually, "cool."

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vortex13
@aztek the lost said:

@TypingKira said:

Girls check each other out all the time in a non-gay way, to see if, 'hey, is my butt as cute as hers?' or, "hey, are my eyes as sexy and alluring as hers" and, "does that guy really think that lipstick is hot?" and even, "holy crap, there's a bunny on that t-shirt, I want it." I think there is a certain amount of not wanting to look gay, but i also think that sometimes there's a bit of a pride factor involved in it. "No way that guy is slightly more attractive than me!" And that's not to say that that's what everyone thinks or says or acts, I'm just throwing something out there.

but women are also more likely to experiment with other women (or admit to it in a survey anyways), not that there's anything wrong with experimenting but while most of the people here (based on their posts) would probably argue that having sex with someone of the same sex is the most straight thing in the world, it's not

however, I won't deny inflated egos are probably a part of it

Uhm, who the hell said having sex with someone of the same sex is straight? lol. Most guys are just admitting to being able to find other dudes attractive, in a non sexual way, and saying so.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vortex13
@aztek the lost: I try to make my friends uncompilable sometimes but when they do feel uncomfortable I don's think that makes them insecure in the slightest so now I do get what you're saying so I have no issue now, so ignore my previous post lol.

EDIT: Also LMMFAO!