Sexual harassment at its finest.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is mainly about the dealings with a female assistant manager somewhere along her late fifties who has periodically harassed me throughout the years, mostly sexual in nature. Most of the male co-workers who witnessed it think it's funny based on my past relationships with an older woman and that it's "every man's dream," when in fact it's a turn-off in a purely business sense. Every direction, task and grueling workday has been nothing more than a complete waste of time. In a sense that if I showed up to work to do my job and it wasn't deemed important enough to fulfill every obligation, rather questions about my personal life and her constantly filling me in on how her ex-husband is addicted to drugs (and I care, I really do) superseding anything business-like and professional.
I don't think it's flattering so much as despicable, because it affects my closest co-workers as well. Not so much their connection to me, but her complete disregard for foreign and uneducated people, as she puts it. But being that English is their second language and that my shying away from conversation with the manager puts her off, she naturally singles them out.
My first example would be my Albanian friend, who is in his forties and has had extensive surgery on his brain (in the past year), works one of the largest departments which is basically a total of eight hours of work, but he has to move on to three other departments whereas the sycophant on his off days works his department for a total of eight hours without touching the excesses. Sometimes the invalid never finishes one department. Now, naturally, I don't necessarily think of it as bigotry on her part. The flattery from the lesser worker might strike a chord with the assistant, being that she has no respect in her home life (again, I don't know why female managers tell me anything) and so he is entitled to stay in one area and bring freight that I cannot verify. I don't associate with lazy people or speak to them, except that they should hurry up or work more efficiently. I never tell my Albanian friend anything of the sort.
The second example would be my Mexican friend. I trained her in every department, in terms of time efficiency and she will occasionally help with the audits. There used to be a saying in the company I work for: "going above and beyond your job description," in which case, she fits the mold. Her accent and almost adorable demeanor has plagued her with rumors of being "trash" and a "slut," usually started by a CSM whose mannerisms border on tweaker or speedfreak. Again, the assistant manager is heavily involved in all things CSM, going above and beyond her scope of understanding to write her up for hearsay, supposed rumors of having intercourse with everyone (including me) in her car on the parking lot and deviating truths to bring her closer to the brink of tears. If I know my friend well enough, being caught between two job codes, a set of rumors, I can understand her frustrations just fine. I wouldn't know how to react once being brought into the office to discuss a fantasy social life, either. On top of that, she has seizures. The assistant and store manager simply asked her, "What makes you think customers care if you have seizures?"
Now I know all these things aren't completely related, but it seems even my ex-girlfriend is bearing the blunt harshness of the assistant manager's myopic skills of deduction, practically singled out in terms of time efficiency and lax communication skills. In fact, up to this point she has gotten an exceeds on all of her evaluations. Now that I'm no longer around, the former department manager of electronics has moved up to support manager in the store, basically tarnishing her reputation by comparing her to someone who only partially fills her area on her off days, then proceeds to stress her out every time he walks by saying she has only an hour left after bugging her for the first thirty minutes of the night. She called me in tears asking me what I think she should do and I simply told her to document everything, grow a backbone or they would trample her to death.
In my case, I've had dealings with all types of bad, awful people in the entire time I've been working. Most people don't realize it, but showing up, making up a bunch of nonsense and filling the void isn't an exact science, so moving up the chain of command and being promoted isn't actually a feat. With that said, what gives anyone the right to put themselves above all others for the sake of looking good, without the merit, the leadership skills and common decency everyone preaches? Why should I have to worry about my job because some minx of an assistant has to get laid on company time? that she would be the least of my priorities and knowing this, why does she persist in it at all? This is just one example of the female assistant managerial training at its finest. The rest may not be as vindictive, but they are nevertheless direct and lacking in appeal. I only know from experience that only seven out of eight assistants rarely take their training to heart, since nearly all of them have some type of blackmail or fear by at least three of the associates. Their stories are just as sickening. The ones who usually give into the playful nature of these disgusting people are usually spent in two years time, meaning they have practically nothing more to offer.
I recently started documenting everything that is said to me by any managers. I keep my mouth shut, occasionally lower tempers with a quick joke or two and try my hardest to guide people in a better direction, clear of getting themselves fired because prejudice and sexual harassment rule over policy itself. Of course, policy is just a means to protect higher-ups from the workers and not the other way around. I wish I could change things.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By castleking

i feel your pain.. all i can say is get a hidden camera or pen recorder and catch her in the act...
otherwise more than likely wont be taken seriously and it might get flipped around on you...

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

man... you are like the only guy I've met who would complain. If I got paid to go to work and get hit on all day by some chick I'd be set.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Jesus Christ..........
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp
@Caligula said:
"man... you are like the only guy I've met who would complain. If I got paid to go to work and get hit on all day by some chick I'd be set. "

late fifties?
Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vitality

...and telling people about this on comicvine gets you....?
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Caligula
@ReVamp said:
" @Caligula said:
"man... you are like the only guy I've met who would complain. If I got paid to go to work and get hit on all day by some chick I'd be set. "
late fifties? "
older the berry the sweeter the juice.

Everyone wants to feel wanted.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
@Vitality said:
" ...and telling people about this on comicvine gets you....? "
He gets funny and sarcastic advice.
and we get laughs.

even trade.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@castleking: That sounds like a reasonable approach, but I don't know exactly how that would hold up against her. As far as I know, recording devices are okay to use so long as the third-party knows they're being recorded. Then again, that may just be phones. I wouldn't know, but I'll probably read more into it.
@Caligula: It's as I said before, the average span of a worker's life is that of two years if they give in to sexual advances, but not necessarily putting up with them. I'm still here. In the beginning I just politely smiled and went about my day. Those who contest those behaviors were usually under the radar due to a manager's connections to the higher-ups.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@Vitality: What Caligula said.
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ARMIV

Oi, that's quite the sour predicament you've been place in. 

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula said:
" man... you are like the only guy I've met who would complain. If I got paid to go to work and get hit on all day by some chick I'd be set. "
This.
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought sexual harassment at it's finest would mean your former Miss Hawaiian Tropic model boss keeps you overtime (with pay), so that she can physicalize her inner most sexual desires with you. lol    

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ViciousCesar!: Being told you can do whatever you want to her on your lunch break just means having to take the time to buy a pillow case and mouthwash, which takes a total of nine minutes if the lines aren't completely packed. I'm thinking cost efficiency!
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bang her and get it out of your system. You never know, your cost effecient might just be the thing to get her up and going to be a better worker. You know workers work better when they are happy. So take one for the team. Tallio!

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By sexy_merc
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FortressoftheMoon: Would you give your children the same advice concerning an adult's advances? It's probably along the same lines.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Billy Batson
@Sexy Merc said:
" "

LMAO

FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe:

If he's a grown-ass man like you, Hell yeah i would.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FortressoftheMoon: Point taken. Reminds me of my favorite quotation. "If you can't be a great example, you have the obligation to be a horrible warning."
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe:

In this case my favorite quotation is "I wouldn't ask you to do something I couldn't do myself."

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, okay.

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I can say it would be cool to be hit on by a boss, I think you're doing the right thing by not getting involved, TC. Who knows what she could try to pull if you have sexual relations and then get in a big disagreement later?

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Prince CortSether: That's pretty much it. I've seen people who have fooled around with managers get fired. Although they changed the fraternization rules to "hug, but no kiss," co-workers still try to fall back on a cushy manager for support when they make a mistake. They don't have anyone's backs.
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By realsilverjunk

Is she ugly? 

Also, why not change departments? 
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realsilverjunk: She's attractive for someone her age. I would have to change shifts, but that wouldn't help much. I'm just tired of being treated like something of interest on account of anything but my work ethics. The rest speaks for itself.
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By realsilverjunk

I see. Well perhaps you should bring it to corporates attention. 

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

If you're uncomfortable with it, I'd change shifts or find a new job completely, if possible. 

Also, shocked no one has asked for pics.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By _Sojourn_

Put your hands on her tig old wrinkly bitties