SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER!!

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By tylerlugowski

September and October is going to be big for comic books. In september DC is releasing the Zero issues of all the new 52 comics. the BATMAN comic has a fantastic new story arc called, Return of The Joker: Death of The Family. The story will span out through other bat-family comics like Nightwing and such, but the main story of it will be in the Batman comic. It starts October 10th in Batman issue #13. Also in October Marvel is launching their new universe called Marvel NOW! Kind of like a reboot like DC did. Many more things to come in the next couple months. What else are you excited for?! comment and lemme know whats on your minds and what you're excited for!

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BlackPookie

im excited too!

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tylerlugowski

@BlackPookie: good!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Personally, I'm waiting for November.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RedQueen

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

So much of this...... Cannot wait :D

Also yes, I am looking forward to the Issue 0's and Marvel Now (specifically All New X-men) :D

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Inverno

This so very much

No Caption Provided
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By spidey 15

There's something that confuses me about Marvel NOW. Is it actually a reboot and everything we knew about marvel heroes, would be non-canon now, or it will just be a new jumping point for new readers?

:)

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bluefox170

@CaioTrubat said:

This so very much

No Caption Provided

I share excitement for this! My girlfriend and I are playing through all the games over again. Trying to get her caught up before this comes out.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Inverno

@Bluefox170: Really? That is awesome :D Which one is your favorite?

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bluefox170

@spidey 15 said:

There's something that confuses me about Marvel NOW. Is it actually a reboot and everything we knew about marvel heroes, would be non-canon now, or it will just be a new jumping point for new readers?

Just a relaunch, continuity stays as is. They're just shaking things up like creative teams, costumes, story direction etc. They're essentially creating good jumping on points. Though that's what DC tried to say and more things changed than they were letting off so we'll see. Maybe marvel learned from DC's mistakes of pissing fans off by erasing things.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bluefox170

@CaioTrubat: Ha, that's a tough one. I really like Assassins Creed 2 because it managed to step up the story greatly and mystery of the series. It had an overall near perfect tone. I also really liked revelations due to the sentimentality of it all between Altair/Ezio. What about you?

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spidey 15

@Bluefox170 said:

@spidey 15 said:

Just a relaunch, continuity stays as is. They're just shaking things up like creative teams, costumes, story direction etc. They're essentially creating good jumping on points. Though that's what DC tried to say and more things changed than they were letting off so we'll see. Maybe marvel learned from DC's mistakes of pissing fans off by erasing things.

Oh, that makes me feel a lot better. I would totally hate if they actually reboot the continuity. Now, i just feel that is going to be great. I've seen some of the new costumes and they are pretty awesome!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Inverno

@Bluefox170: My favorite one is AC 2 for the same reasons. But I am really expecting the next one to become my new favorite XD.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bluefox170

@spidey 15: Ha right. I'm a fan of the way that new Iron Man armor looks. I might try that with Marvel NOW. I got bored of fractions series. Hope Guillen can step it up. Are you picking anything new up with marvel NOW?

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bluefox170

@CaioTrubat: Ha AC 2 was pretty great wasn't it. Totally, this new one looks amazing, It looks like it won't be hard at all for it to become a favorite :D love the way it's really shook up this time around.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spidey 15

@Bluefox170: Yeah, it looks great. I also like Cap's and Hulk's costumes. I'll try to pick if i can but it really depends on the money i'll have at the time and if it actually arrives here. In my local shop( not exactly a comic one, but it does sell a fair amount of comics ) usually comics arrive late or they don't arrive at all. And only the most popular ones do, like spider-man, X-men, Avengers and these kind of stuff! :)

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bluefox170

@spidey 15: Ah I get you. I have the same problem, all I have in my town is a Hastings entertainment. They don't see comics as a priority here I suppose so they only get in the big stuff as well and take a few days to put them out after a release date. It's one of the main reasons I have to use digital.

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tylerlugowski

@spidey 15: @Bluefox170: @CaioTrubat: I'm looking forward to Marvel NOW. Are they changing Spiderman's costume at all? The Iron Man armor is sweet. I don't know how much of it Ill pick up because I'm already following a lot of series' as it is with DC and all. I'll follow a few of them.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bluefox170

@tylerlugowski: I think Spidey is the one they were cautious about messing with since he's such an icon. It will probably remain the same for the most part. How many series are you following?

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tylerlugowski

@Bluefox170: Yeah, I can understand that. And Six I believe from DC. Batman: Detective comics, Batman, Batman Incorporated, Nightwing, Blue Beetle, Teen Titans, and Green Arrow. I'd like to start following Green Lantern as well. And from Marvel, Avengers vs X-Men, and The Amazing Spiderman. What about you?

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tylerlugowski

@Bluefox170: Oh yeah, and I'm following Batman and Robin.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15

@Bluefox170 said:

@spidey 15: Ah I get you. I have the same problem, all I have in my town is a Hastings entertainment. They don't see comics as a priority here I suppose so they only get in the big stuff as well and take a few days to put them out after a release date. It's one of the main reasons I have to use digital.

Yeah, neither in my country, comics are that popular at all. But, it's good thing the ones i need still arrive here.

@tylerlugowski: I think spidey's costume was like the one in the Ultimate spider-man( the cartoon ), but i'm not sure.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@RedQueen said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

Also yes, I am looking forward to the Issue 0's and Marvel Now (specifically All New X-men) :D

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Bluefox170 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

This so very much

No Caption Provided

I share excitement for this! My girlfriend and I are playing through all the games over again. Trying to get her caught up before this comes out.

Try as I might I just can't get behind AC3
Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bluefox170

@tylerlugowski: Niiice, I see you're quite the bat-family fan. Actually I'm only following 2 at the moment haha. Deathstroke and Punisher. As well as 2 Punisher mini series. Untold Tales of The Punisher-MAX, and Space Punisher. When DC's zero issues start next month though I'll start picking up Team 7.

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tylerlugowski

@Bluefox170: yeah, I love the Bat-Family lol. But yeah thats cool man. I'm getting a lot of the zero issues. And I have soooo many punisher comics. I'm looking to sell some or get rid of them because I'm not really into that much anymore. How are the new DeathStroke comics?

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tylerlugowski

@Bluefox170: oh yeah, and I'm following the Red hood and the Outlaws comics too lol I forgot

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bluefox170

@tylerlugowski: Haha, I was wondering why Red Hood wasn't on there xP and the new Deathstroke series is amazing, at least issues 1-8 are before Liefeld took over. Though I'm sure you heard he quit and his last issues are the #0's so Scott Clark will be taking over. Things will go back to being great again in October.

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tylerlugowski

@Bluefox170: yeah lol, and good good. I thought about checking out the DeathStroke comics

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@RedQueen:  

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

Personally, I'm waiting for December!  
No Caption Provided
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

@tylerlugowski said:

September and October is going to be big for comic books. In september DC is releasing the Zero issues of all the new 52 comics. the BATMAN comic has a fantastic new story arc called, Return of The Joker: Death of The Family. The story will span out through other bat-family comics like Nightwing and such, but the main story of it will be in the Batman comic. It starts October 10th in Batman issue #13. Also in October Marvel is launching their new universe called Marvel NOW! Kind of like a reboot like DC did. Many more things to come in the next couple months. What else are you excited for?! comment and lemme know whats on your minds and what you're excited for!

How exactly is Death of the Family fantastic? no one has even read it yet.

tylerlugowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tylerlugowski

@entropy_aegis: From what I've read it sounds like it's going to be. Everyone knew that Avengers vs X-Men was going to be fantastic before they read it. You're just trying to be a smart ass now haha. But I get what you're saying.