Sepp Blatter resignation and FIFA corruption

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Now that Sepp Blatter has announced his resignation as FIFA president as soon as a new replacement can be elected(despite his own reelection last weekend_, what lessons can we draw from this business?

Firstly to quote, US President Harry S.Truman, "the buck ultimately stops with the man at the top!" ( Blatter's argument that he was unaware of the corruption of his subordinates is disengenuous to the point of absurdity- he was either in on it or so mind boggling stupid as to be in a persistent vegetative state).

Secondly, too many commentators and governments (including my own!) have ignored the graft of this world body.

Thirdly, it is more than just one man's malfeasance and bribe taking( Blatter may not have taken backhanders himself but there is NO way he could have been unaware of the "old Spanish customs"- as we call bribe taking in my own country), the entire world body will have to be cleansed root and branch of graft!

Anybody think as I do?

Terry

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Blatter's argument that he was unaware of the corruption of his subordinates is disengenuous to the point of absurdity- he was either in on it or so mind boggling stupid as to be in a persistent vegetative state

This

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't know what lessons we can learn from FIFA....but I did just learn that John Oliver wields way more influence than I thought.

***Warning, the video does contain some naughty words***

Loading Video...