Seems I'm On CV Holidays...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Edited By batkevin74

Recently I have clashed with several users on this site.

Part of it was my stubborness, part of it was their stupidity. In the end...well it is just nonsense.

One particular user started with a "joke", and it spiralled way out of control. I hammered them with raft of expletives, not my proudest moment but at the time I felt justified. The core of my swear-laden post was if you are going to critique then do so, instead of just saying "your terrible" and running. I just made the post more "colourful" which breaks several rules here on CV

I also asked, note asked (though tone is quite hard to convey sometimes, especially after heated discussions) and then found out despite their claims, they weren't published which made my initial argument! So then they packed up, changed their user name, wrote a blog saying "Adios losers".

I take no satisfaction in this. One mod wrote to me and said stop bragging. I wasn't, it was just how my week was progressing seemingly running from "heated discussion to heated discussion"! I want them to stay to write, play and do whatever they want; but if they're going to critique then at least have the intestinal fortitude to back up their bold & outrageous claims! Or offer pointers on what was done right or wrong. (If they're not locked or deleted you can check my bold & outrageous claims)

I write fan fic. I'm not a professional, I just like writing. To get told what I wrote is bad, that's fine. But after saying that and nothing more, actually slagging off the other writers as well, it wasn't helpful, polite or even funny and offers me nothing. So I loaded a double dose of swear words into my two-fingered typing style and let rip.

In the end I don't care about them. They could be 12, 36 or 52 it doesn't matter since being online is partial anoymous. But don't kick me and run off expecting me to take it, or single me out who had done nothing more than repost your initial dig at everyone.

I wish them no ill, I dont know them, don't want to. I don't wish to crush them or scare them off my turf like an old man (insert picture of man shaking fist)

The only satisfaction I do take is that they mispelt desert as dessert. Common simple mistake but so worth finding that tiny piece of gold!

In the end they have their side of the story, I have mine. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Hopefully the "doctor" will have a read as I read their side

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

This is really eating you, isn't it?

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Let's all just hold hands sing kumbaya and say good riddance to bad mojo.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Hey :)

It does sound like you aren't having a good experience right now on here.

I don't know the ins and outs of the arguments you have been having with other posters. And I don't plan to talk about that really.

But I can certainly understand your frustration, anger and annoyance when someone simply comes along and just insults a persons work. Without regard for the fact that people do take the time to write various works and share them on here, for fun,enjoyment and to to share with people.

But regardless of that. Of the argument that has taken place. There are much more good points to be on here. Just don't let one argument ruin things Since it looks like you aren't going to do that which is good. :)

If you do want to vent or talk or whatever I am not leaving here any time soon.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Thanks, but all good now. They vented, I vented, we all vented.

@doomdoomdoom: Let's just say that we did :)

@cbishop: I read their saiyonara swan song thing which paints me in a nasty light, not entirely untrue, but I thought a balance was in order

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Y so serious?

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Good to know :) It is all worth putting behind.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Having followed the particular discourse you are talking about, i find your interpretation of events to be somewhat concise and a little self serving. I don't know if any comment, of an unjustified critical nature or not could justify your response. I understand we all have bad days and you have my sympathies for any troubles you may be going through at the moment, but what absolves us of our actions during those times is taking full responsibility for them. Your blog very clearly puts the blame with the other user, when in actual fact your response was of an immature nature and was an over reaction. I bring these points up to you as i know you have been more than forthcoming with many a user on this site in regards to proper etiquette when it comes to responses, so i feel that the same conditions should apply both ways.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree with your disagreement but going into more just starts the whole thing again. That's my side, they have their side, the truth is in the middle and you can think whatever you like.

How's Horror Inc?