Seeing other people?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By infonation

I've been thinking about this for some time, should certain couples see other people? I don't approve of married couple doing this of course, but couples who have been together for YEARS and still can't quite make the next big step, take for example Rogue and Gambit, who seem to be one of those "destined for each other" couples. And yes, I know there are still plenty of "ROMY" fans out there who would protest till the end of time! But have they even TRIED seeing other people? I know it's been hinted that Iceman Colossus and even MAGNETO have demonstrated that they wouldn't have minded risking getting absorbed by Rogue's mutant power but aside form that Gambit seems to be the only man man enough to want to be her man, but aside form that NOTHING. Gambit on the other hand seems to have his pick of the ladies (Even MARRIED ones!) I know he's a tall, handsome suave young man with skills and superhuman abilities, (NONE of them involve absorbing somebody's powers and memories so BONUS!) but come ON! We all know if it weren't for her absorbtion power Rogue would be every bit as successful with the guys as Gambit is with the girls, so why is Gambit always the only guy who seems to end up with her? Yes, I know I'm probably going to get all kinds of hate mail for this, but I just think Rogue and Gambit are a bit too perfect for each other, I want to see her with someone else, if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. But I just want to see what happens is all. Who knows? I might just start to miss "Romy" after awhile, but I just want to see what could be. And no, I don'y think she should end up with Sentry! He's got enough to brag about! LOL

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Rogue has had total control over her powers for four, maybe five years, she kissed, had sex with and entered a relationship with Magneto, so everything you said has already been addressed in the actual comic books.
infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By infonation

@Morpheus_: Sorry, I guess I've been out of the loop for even longer than I feared, I'll try not to make anymore mistakes like that in the future, Do you mind if I try to make up for it by following you?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@infonation: Nothing to make up for, really. It's not even a mistake. And sure.
infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By infonation

@Morpheus_: I'm still kind of embarassed Rogue used to be one of my favorite characters, I used to dislike her when I first saw her on the 90's X-Men animated series, but that was mostly because she seemed like a replacement for Colossus who is one of my other favorites and it annoyed me that he wasn't a mainstay on the team but I got used to her and when I realized just how dangerous her own powers could be, (NOT just to her friends and family but to HER as well!) So I started to feel bad for her to the point where I outright CHEERED whenever I saw her kick serious butt and cried foul whenever I saw her put in a situation where she was a damsel in distress AT BEST! And that's why my biggest complaint about the X-Men movies was the fact that Rogue was made to look so helpless! Don't get me wrong, the movies aren't really that bad, (Even the 3rd one could have been worse... It could have been BETTER, but it could have been worse.) But Rogue just comes off like somebody who gets in the way more often than helps out and after witnessing her hoisting huge Sentinel robots around it just HURT to see her like that! And that's why I feel like blushing about this. Once again I feel I must apologize. If only for sending you such a long response, but I felt you deserved an explaination.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By utotheg38

Dude mods take abuse everyday, Don't worry he'll get over It