#1 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you guys think of the DEATHBATTLE? I think they brought up a lot of the arguments you'd see on the battle forums. Do you think this will end the Goku vs Superman debates?

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible Death Battle.

#3 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Horrible Death Battle.

Why?

#4 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@spetsnaz_gru said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Horrible Death Battle.

Why?

Inaccuracies. Goku breathing in space and trying to mind rape Superman, which he has never done in a fight. Superman caring 0% about blowing up the Earth and killing all his loved ones and human kind so that he could defeat an opponent that just wanted to fight Superman for 'game'. It was stupid.
#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

End the feud? No. I will cause more.

#6 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: He didn't go out into space, he went as close as possible. It was a DEATH battle, meaning an actual fight to the D-E-A-T-H. Batman doesn't kill, but in his fight against Spider-Man, it was his aim to kill him. They did say Goku can read minds or whatever and tried to bring all abilities to the table. Your argument is invalid.... Very invalid

#7 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: He didn't go out into space, he went as close as possible. It was a DEATH battle, meaning an actual fight to the D-E-A-T-H. Batman doesn't kill, but in his fight against Spider-Man, it was his aim to kill him. They did say Goku can read minds or whatever and tried to bring all abilities to the table. Your argument is invalid.... Very invalid

lol. Argument? I'm not argueing. I'm just stating inaccuracies in the fight. It would have been totally different. I know it's a D-E-A-T-H Battle, as you say, so its fight to the death, duh, I get that. I'm just saying if they were true to the characters the fight would have been totally different. Besides, Screw Attacks opinion on a long debated battle matters? No. Also, don't even waste your time saying I am some butt hurt DBZ fan, because I really don't care who would win. With all morals off and Superman just basically bloodlusted, yeah I could see it happening that way. They kept Goku's morals (destroying kryptonite so that Superman could fight), yet they completely ignored all of Supermans morals. If morals were turned off Goku would have ended it when the kyptonite was hurting Superman.
#8 Posted by allhailme (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry had to delete post couldn't get spoilers to work

#9 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Why are you coming off so hostile? As Alhailme said, that actual battle seen was just for fun. Like with the Kryptonite they added just to show every possible thing in there. And if you want to bring up the Kyptonite, then the pressure point attacks would have ended it way before, but they threw in the Senzu beans.

#10 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@allhailme:ScrewAttack used a lot of animated shows/movies. Do you think the out come would have been different. Like the Superman vs. The Elite scene with the whole 15 super novas to the face thing.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Why are you coming off so hostile? As Alhailme said, that actual battle seen was just for fun. Like with the Kryptonite they added just to show every possible thing in there. And if you want to bring up the Kyptonite, then the pressure point attacks would have ended it way before, but they threw in the Senzu beans.

Eh, didn't try to come off as being hostile.. Sorry about that. The only problem I have is that Goku's morals are on, and Supermans are not basically. I get this battle is for fun and whatnot, but really it's just a battle of 'Guy with Supermans Powers vs. Guy with Goku's powers'... Eh, at least it was an entertaining watch.

#12 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy:I know it was a blast to watch! The animation was worth the wait. But do you think if they took out DBGT/Movies and Animated TV/Movies would have changed the out come?

#13 Edited by allhailme (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I don't understand the phrasing of the question honestly. If you could reword it I would be glad to give you an answer.

EDIT:

Oh your recent post cleared it up

No it would not have changed things, the only one to really benefit from using non-canon material was Goku, so removing it wouldn't change the outcome.

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@allhailme:I mean, do you think if they took out Superman's animated movies/ TV show feats, would it change the out come. Because I noticed they used the whole, "He took 15 Super Novas to the face" from Superman vs The Elite. Do you think by taking out that, that woud have changed his durability scale in the end?

#15 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@allhailme:On a side note. Why is any DC animated movies/ TV shows non canon?

#16 Edited by allhailme (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Answered it in the post above you. But to elaborate further even without that statement his durability would still have been higher, as well as his speed and strength, meaning Goku would likely never get a hit in anyway. Goku is the only one who really gains a real benefit from non-canon things, so removing it would make the situation worse.

Edit: Different reality, technically a different version of the character, so they shouldn't share feats.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

The only problem I have is that Goku's morals are on, and Supermans are not basically

Not really. Goku pretty much blew up Lexcorp just because he could.

#18 Posted by allhailme (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Plus superman tried to avoid the fight, and tried to end it early with pressure points, it was just that last part with blowing up the earth(which granted is pretty out of character, but was mostly there for scale IMO)

#19 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Superman realized the Earth would be destroyed, and I don't think it was his intention. I was a little surprised at the Earth being destroyed at the end, lol.

But the outcome doesn't surprise me. Superman's a boss.

#20 Posted by The Stegman (25973 posts) - - Show Bio
The beginning was hilarious.  Goku- "Finally! Someone as strong as me!"  Vegeta in the background- "F*ck you!"  Priceless.
#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say, I'm pretty surprised, and I love Superman. This won't end any debates, though.

#22 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, they gonna have to disable the comment section after this...

#23 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

A pony beat a killer death machine. This is why these battles make zero sense.

#24 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch: Rainbow Dash beats all.

#25 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@FalconPuuunch: Rainbow Dash beats all.

Ugh.. NO! Don't name any pony names! The less I know the better.

#26 Posted by superstay (10470 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:

lol really?

Dude I have to watch it

d^_^b

#27 Posted by ImmortalOne (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only person who thought the destruction of Earth was hilarious?

#28 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

I don't think Superman realized the Earth would be destroyed, and I don't think it was his intention. I was a little surprised at the Earth being destroyed at the end, lol.

But the outcome doesn't surprise me. Superman's a boss.

Agreed he deserves to win and I'm glad he did.

#29 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Didnt win against FLuttershy's chainsaw did she?

#31 Posted by Deadite (25130 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@jwalser3 said:

@FalconPuuunch: Rainbow Dash beats all.

Ugh.. NO! Don't name any pony names! The less I know the better.

Pinkie Pie has toonforce...

Online
#32 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@jwalser3 said:

@FalconPuuunch: Rainbow Dash beats all.

Ugh.. NO! Don't name any pony names! The less I know the better.

Pinkie Pie has toonforce...

Damn you!

#33 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people keep assuming they blew up earth? They blew up a planet where Freeza and Goku first fought. I think it was called Namek but I don't know. Bottom line is they didn't blew up the freaking earth.

#34 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest problem was with screw attacks evaluation of Goku's level of power. They estimated a base power for Goku on his power level during the saiyan saga. Then they multiplied that for every super saiyan transformation and found even his SSJ4 form wanting.

That's not how it works though. Goku's base power level continuously increases throughout the series and in turn so do the power levels of his transformation.

I think Superman would beat Goku, always have, but screw attacks video was really inept and will just cause more controversy and animosity between DBZ and Superman fans.

#35 Posted by Deadite (25130 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

Damn you!

Don't worry, I stopped watching in the mids of the 2nd season. I did follow it for a good while. I realized why I got into watching the series is because of the underground cult follow the series has, but the series is really too far out from the genre I'm interested in. After watching Firefly two years ago, I began to search out series with the same kind of status, some of these finds just doesn't pays off to be something I can be into.

Online
#36 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

Damn you!

Don't worry, I stopped watching in the mids of the 2nd season. I did follow it for a good while. I realized why I got into watching the series is because of the underground cult follow the series has, but the series is really too far out from the genre I'm interested in. After watching Firefly two years ago, I began to search out series with the same kind of status, some of these finds just doesn't pays off to be something I can be into.

Good for you. At least you admit your reason for liking the show. My best friend is a brony and he brags about it all the time just to anger me (or he used to). Firefly is a really great show and unfortunately I have not found anything close to what it was. It reminded me of the Mass Effect series but in television form.

Have you tried out Battlestar Galactica yet? The first season of that series is one of the best things I have watched ever.

#37 Posted by Deadite (25130 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

Damn you!

Don't worry, I stopped watching in the mids of the 2nd season. I did follow it for a good while. I realized why I got into watching the series is because of the underground cult follow the series has, but the series is really too far out from the genre I'm interested in. After watching Firefly two years ago, I began to search out series with the same kind of status, some of these finds just doesn't pays off to be something I can be into.

Good for you. At least you admit your reason for liking the show. My best friend is a brony and he brags about it all the time just to anger me (or he used to). Firefly is a really great show and unfortunately I have not found anything close to what it was. It reminded me of the Mass Effect series but in television form.

Have you tried out Battlestar Galactica yet? The first season of that series is one of the best things I have watched ever.

It's interesting you brought up Battlestar Galactica, I'm currently trying to like the series, I'd escape from it for something else, than go back to it a day or so after, it definitely has the elements I like in a Sci-fi series, but there's a lot of miming, wordless illusion that are basically silencing things I want to see. For instance: I haven't seen a real war scene with the cyborg Cylons.

There hasn't been enough action happening in the series.

Online
#38 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Deadite said:

Damn you!

Don't worry, I stopped watching in the mids of the 2nd season. I did follow it for a good while. I realized why I got into watching the series is because of the underground cult follow the series has, but the series is really too far out from the genre I'm interested in. After watching Firefly two years ago, I began to search out series with the same kind of status, some of these finds just doesn't pays off to be something I can be into.

Good for you. At least you admit your reason for liking the show. My best friend is a brony and he brags about it all the time just to anger me (or he used to). Firefly is a really great show and unfortunately I have not found anything close to what it was. It reminded me of the Mass Effect series but in television form.

Have you tried out Battlestar Galactica yet? The first season of that series is one of the best things I have watched ever.

It's interesting you brought up Battlestar Galactica, I'm currently trying to like the series, I'd escape from it for something else, than go back to it a day or so after, it definitely has the elements I like in a Sci-fi series, but there's a lot of miming, wordless illusion that are basically silencing things I want to see. For instance: I haven't seen a real war scene with the cyborg Cylons.

There hasn't been enough action happening in the series.

The show isn't really action based. It's suppose to be as realistic sci-fy show. It deals with characters, politics, and other realistic problems like foot shortages, moral of the fleet, religion etc before the actual Cylon threat. There is action though. I have watched the entire thing and I have seen plenty of space battles (which the visuals are amazing btw).

The first season is just suppose to be about the fleet desperately trying to "survive" the Cylons as well as form a society outside of Marshal Law. The later seasons focus a lot more on action.. actually a lot more on action.

#39 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4094 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome battle.

@The Stegman said:

The beginning was hilarious. Goku- "Finally! Someone as strong as me!" Vegeta in the background- "F*ck you!" Priceless.

lol

#40 Posted by ImmortalOne (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

God, the fanboys in the comments are annoying.

It's all "this is bullsh*t!" or "goku should have won anyone who says otherwise is a stupid fanboy" or "i don't care if goku lost but superman is a boring drip and i've never even read the comics!"

#41 Edited by Repolho_Facero (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter: I agree with you. They could do it differently. Show some feats and comparisions without bringing a magical formula to Gokus limits. In fact, appears to me that all the video was an explanation to DBZ fans "why Goku would lose". I understand that. After all, they did research, they did read the manga and comicbooks and realizes what all people who know the original manga and comics already know for a while. But they failed in demonstrate this in the best way in the explanation part of the video. The fight was way too long and there are some things pretty dumb there too.

But I understand. In my debates Ive also failed to explain to Gokus fans why Supermans wins. Its difficult to explain. They are different forms of racionality. Difficult to even explain Supermans mithology, a pulp origin heroe that cant be measured without a good dose of fantasy, and how these nigh unlimited powers operate against a DBZ character that theoreticly could blow up a planet or twenty planets or fifty planets or idontcarehowmanyplanetshewant.

But, evidently, the bad writers helped with that. I ve read so many dumb things in these "Superman X someone else"... They forget all the time his insane level of strength, speed, durability, visions and of course his geniousness aplicated in battle. The thing is (and thats is why with the time I started to not like cosmic heroes) Superman (re)makers made too easy for him.

But I still dont know why hurt so bad these people the fact that Goku would lose to Superman. Batman is maybe my favorite superhero. And I know that he would never defeat Superman without help from the writer. I know that. And I just dont care. Batman still is cooler than Superman to me. Damn, Batman in shirt and slippers is cooler than Superman.

Here is the video of Screewattacks answers to their critics. You can go to 15:40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwN0O4iNnrM

#42 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Skywalker destroys them both.