Scientology

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Well, it's been a few months since Anonymous declared its internet war on Scientology, and I'd like to know what everyone thinks of this religion, cult or whatever it is. Here's some relevant media to react to:

The original Tom Cruise video that set Anonymous off:

A reporter encounters some followers of Scientology, with interesting results:

A segment on the militaristic 'Sea Organization', the innermost circle of Scientology:

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By T.J. Magnum

my girlfriend is scientologest and i'am a drunk

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shaper

The only reason I actually know about Scientology is that I saw it on South park.......and laughed my ass off.......

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition

i think they're insane

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

Wow. I think those people are crazy. Some Scientologists tried to bring into that stuff. These people basically followed me from a Movie Theater to a Coffee Shop and tried to push that crap on me. I just think that what they are teaching is more self enlightment bullcrap. But I believe the people who are carrying that message are crazy.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Gottheit

Tom Cruise is the Last Samurai who Feels the Need for Speed who can Handle the Truth. I see no point in commenting.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I understand people have the right to believe what they want and all, but this is one of few religions that truly scare the hell outta me. In a freaky way. The examples that they have just seem so freakishly insane for cryin out loud! And the talk REALLY weird.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

Insane cult is insane.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think its funny that it was started by a Sic Fi writer and none of the followers think that's weird

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By cpt_linger
@Gottheit said:
"

Tom Cruise is the Last Samurai who Feels the Need for Speed who can Handle the Truth. I see no point in commenting.

"
I'm not going to William Hurt you, I just want your Tango & Cash.
Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iron_Turtle

Q. What's orange and yellow, and looks great on scientologists?

A. Fire. 
Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Battlefield Earth....RULZZZZ !!!!!!
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Icon

Oh that Scientology is so crazy! Anyway, this weekend let's all celebrate that magic Jesus guy who rose from the dead, because there is nothing crazy about that! 

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Icon said:
" Oh that Scientology is so crazy! Anyway, this weekend let's all celebrate that magic Jesus guy who rose from the dead, because there is nothing crazy about that!  "
Or the rabbit that hides colored eggs for children for some apparent reason. Take your pick. lol
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

Scientology is the one thing I have zero tolerance for. Its an idiotic cult founded by a hypocritical and mediocre sci fi writer and it seems to only exist to collect money and stroke celebrity egos, I don't care what anyone has to say about it, if you are a scientologist I will automatically dismiss you as a moron

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@joshmightbe said:
" Scientology is the one thing I have zero tolerance for. Its an idiotic cult founded by a hypocritical and mediocre sci fi writer and it seems to only exist to collect money and stroke celebrity egos, I don't care what anyone has to say about it, if you are a scientologist I will automatically dismiss you as a moron "
I think Mormonism is in the same boat.Any religion based on things that we can prove scientifically and historically untrue is a joke.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe
@Vance Astro: Scientology is a little worse based simply on the fact that the guy who started it and spent a long time preaching against drug use died of an overdose
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Vance Astro said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" Scientology is the one thing I have zero tolerance for. Its an idiotic cult founded by a hypocritical and mediocre sci fi writer and it seems to only exist to collect money and stroke celebrity egos, I don't care what anyone has to say about it, if you are a scientologist I will automatically dismiss you as a moron "
I think Mormonism is in the same boat.Any religion based on things that we can prove scientifically and historically untrue is a joke. "
Would Jehovah Witnesses fall under the same category? Or would they be more classified as Christians?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
Would Jehovah Witnesses fall under the same category? Or would they be more classified as Christians? "
Even though I have some in my family I don't know what they actually believe but I think they have a religion that is similar to Christianity.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Vance Astro said:

" @OmegaDynasty said:

Would Jehovah Witnesses fall under the same category? Or would they be more classified as Christians? "
Even though I have some in my family I don't know what they actually believe but I think they have a religion that is similar to Christianity. "
 Right, well nothing against them. All religions have there good points, and bad points. Not sure about the Buddhist..they never do anything bad. They're like Cananda..just there and not hurting anyone. lol

This song pretty much sums up this thread. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
Even though I have some in my family I don't know what they actually believe but I think they have a religion that is similar to Christianity. "
 Right, well nothing against them. All religions have there good points, and bad points. Not sure about the Buddhist..they never do anything bad. They're like Cananda..just there and not hurting anyone. lol

"
Well all religions do have their bad points but some more than others.Scientology and Mormonism are an absolute joke to me.If anyone on this forum is part of that religion..I'm not trying to diss them but I just don't see how any intelligent person can believe what they believe unless they don't believe everything connected to the religion like someone Christians don't believe certain things in the bible.There are however people who believe the bible 100% and I believe there are some things in there that make no sense.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:

"
Well all religions do have their bad points but some more than others.Scientology and Mormonism are an absolute joke to me.If anyone on this forum is part of that religion..I'm not trying to diss them but I just don't see how any intelligent person can believe what they believe unless they don't believe everything connected to the religion like someone Christians don't believe certain things in the bible.There are however people who believe the bible 100% and I believe there are some things in there that make no sense. "
Right, well people have the right to believe what they want to believe. It's the people that are intolerant of that belief that anger me. Like radical Muslims, Christians, etc. Even hard core atheist that wish to ruin things for every one by trying to get rid of Christmas, Easter, and God We Trust and Under God.  I myself go by a live and let live way. 
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By DH69

religion...heh

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ego
@Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:

"
Well all religions do have their bad points but some more than others.Scientology and Mormonism are an absolute joke to me.If anyone on this forum is part of that religion..I'm not trying to diss them but I just don't see how any intelligent person can believe what they believe unless they don't believe everything connected to the religion like someone Christians don't believe certain things in the bible.There are however people who believe the bible 100% and I believe there are some things in there that make no sense. "
they a big joke. i agree with everything else except thee 100% belief. these are the goofy ass people one might call extremist or something less but all the same. the bible as many other stories of the past should be taken symbolically and not literally. after all it's jus a story people wrote in the past. and not just that... it's been altered ever since. that's why we have one origin of the judeo christan faith that some how spawned 100's of other christian based religion. same goes for any other religion in this world. or just about every other. mormonism is an apple too far from the tree and scientology is a leaf that just blew away into the wind. in fact, it didn't even come from the same tree.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
Right, well people have the right to believe what they want to believe. It's the people that are intolerant of that belief that anger me. Like radical Muslims, Christians, etc. Even hard core atheist that wish to ruin things for every one by trying to get rid of Christmas, Easter, and God We Trust and Under God.  I myself go by a live and let live way.  "
Yea I can't stand that either.The thing that pisses me off the most about radical christians is that they don't ever know what they are talking about.They act like because of there faith everyone should be like them and the b#tch and whine to try and get laws changed to suit their morals.It's so annoying.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
Right, well people have the right to believe what they want to believe. It's the people that are intolerant of that belief that anger me. Like radical Muslims, Christians, etc. Even hard core atheist that wish to ruin things for every one by trying to get rid of Christmas, Easter, and God We Trust and Under God.  I myself go by a live and let live way.  "
Yea I can't stand that either.The thing that pisses me off the most about radical christians is that they don't ever know what they are talking about.They act like because of there faith everyone should be like them and the b#tch and whine to try and get laws changed to suit their morals.It's so annoying. "
Whining, complaining, and throwing hissy fits as it were is not the worse. Holy wars and all that are caused by that, not all by that most of all wars are caused by greed, and power..which kinda go together. 
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ARMIV

It is another cult. That is all it should ever be.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@ARMIV said:

" It is another cult. That is all it should ever be. "

Yes, I  am in what some would call a cult  too " The Hare Club For Men"

Scanctum Peter Cottium

Deus in re unium

hippitus hoppitus reus Domine

In suus via torreum

Lepus en re sanctum

hippitus hoppitus Deus Domine

Amen.   
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@spiderbat87 said:
" I think its funny that it was started by a Sci Fi writer and none of the followers think that's weird "
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#30  Edited By RazzaTazz

I try to be tolerant about all religions but I really don't know what these people are thinking.  Did you know that when Hubbard refused to pay taxes he stowed away to a yacht that traveld the world (called SeaLand or something) and made his employees on board sign one billion year contracts?  (This was a symbolic gesture, but seriously whats the severance if your employer breaks a one billion year contract?)
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RazzaTazz:  April Fools?
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By azza04

Believing in a religion is fine, it brings people comfort and security. But unfortunately people get obsessed with them sometimes, they believe that without it there life has no purpose or meaning, whcih is just wrong. Thats when you get religious fanatics, when you see videos on the net off people who believe in these Cults  like scientology so strongly they come across as disturbed people or crazy (in my opinion).   

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Billy Batson

Shouldn't nerds and geeks believe in scientology cause its founder was sci-fi writer? :p

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#34  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @OmegaDynasty said:

This song pretty much sums up this thread. 

"
LoLs that is the funniest thing I have seen all week. The church of Unitology eh I mean Scientology is crazy.
No Caption Provided
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By The_Assassin_

Scientologists make me lol.... especially Tom Cruise... XD

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joshmightbe
@Billy Batson: Maybe if he was a good Sci Fi writer
Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Personally,I think MANY of you are being FAR too harsh on Xenu....his ship is hovering above Earth as we speak, 'Scientology' is his creed, demand,and given L. Ron is Captain of that ship these daze...you best all watch what you say....for his eyes of influence are universal....

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Primmaster64

....WTF?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Billy Batson
@joshmightbe: 

haven't read his work. Was he bad?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By joshmightbe
@Billy Batson: Let me put it this way compared to him Stephanie Meyers is Shakespeare 
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Billy Batson
@joshmightbe: 

O.o that's just wow

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By castleking

Tom Cruise and his peeps are going to so sue the starter of this thread and have it locked.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus

creepy cult is creepy. 

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@castleking said:
Tom Cruise and his peeps are going to so sue the starter of this thread and have it locked.
Not before he destroys the Op with his Force Powers. Scientologist have strong ties with the Dark Side.  

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By progenitorigin

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeanlucpicard
@Shaper said:

The only reason I actually know about Scientology is that I saw it on South park.......and laughed my ass off.......

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ssejllenrad
@OmegaDynasty said:
@castleking said:
Not before he destroys the Op with his Force Powers. Scientologist have strong ties with the Dark Side.  

F*cking Epic!
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I feel like I accidentally fell into a time machine.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By King_Saturn
the religion of the Cosmic Lightning... lmfao