• 111 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

yea its because the blood would be plagued by the metal alloys and rust etc.

#52 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

yep your next although I do think they can some day program them to avoid them damaging the blood flow like other minerals 

#53 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

How big is the Mass of the earth?

A) 5974 x 10 to the 24th power

B) It doesnt have a mass at all since its in Space and theres "Zero Gravity"

C) Approx. 2,6 million tons





#54 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"yep your next although I do think they can some day program them to avoid them damaging the blood flow like other minerals "
Question is, would those minerals be able to be molted and screwed on or would they just break appart
#55 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

a but you don't have grams

#56 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
 The Scientist said:
"Midnightist said:
"yep your next although I do think they can some day program them to avoid them damaging the blood flow like other minerals "
Question is, would those minerals be able to be molted and screwed on or would they just break appart"
i see your point
#57 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you got the point obviously :P

#58 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
 The Scientist said:
"Well you got the point obviously :P"
for my answer to the nanobot thing or the earth's mass I got lost
#59 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth

#60 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

oh I'll start a new one

#61 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
Whats the difference between adrenaline and epinephrine 
A). adrenaline is produced n your body epinephrine is made in your brain
B). You can go without adrenaline not epinephrine
C. nothing epinephrine is a name for adrenaline 
#62 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

lawl C, though it usually isn't common knowledge lol

#63 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to say that all the time and people said I was a jerk for saying what people know lol but yes its C

#64 Posted by Shanana (52685 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Science... the Thorn in the Right Foot of God
"
Eh, not really They way i see it God knows Mans limits, the problems is Man doesn't know it's limit. So people can come up with a scientifical explanation of everything, that is until god decides to change the norm"


The Scientist said:
"King Saturn, it ALWAYS depends as what you interpret god as."
You Both should attend a Southern Baptist Church... Science doesnt mix well with there interpretation of God at all
"
I dont need to go to a baptist church, i go to a catholic church^^
#65 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt that religion and science were the same the ways we describe how the world works. Neither one is wrong they just give a different perspective and whatever higher power exists people set up the rules for how religion works God truly couldn't care God wouldn't need to

#66 Edited by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Science... the Thorn in the Right Foot of God
"
Eh, not really They way i see it God knows Mans limits, the problems is Man doesn't know it's limit. So people can come up with a scientifical explanation of everything, that is until god decides to change the norm"


The Scientist said:
"King Saturn, it ALWAYS depends as what you interpret god as."
You Both should attend a Southern Baptist Church... Science doesnt mix well with there interpretation of God at all
"
I dont need to go to a baptist church, i go to a catholic church^^"
Oh. But Baptist Churches are different in terms of there traditions... but even with that. We all know that there are passages in the Bible that conflict with Science...
#67 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"Whats the difference between adrenaline and epinephrine 
A). adrenaline is produced n your body epinephrine is made in your brain
B). You can go without adrenaline not epinephrine
C. nothing epinephrine is a name for adrenaline 
"
C
#68 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah you win start the next one

#69 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Science... the Thorn in the Right Foot of God
"
Eh, not really They way i see it God knows Mans limits, the problems is Man doesn't know it's limit. So people can come up with a scientifical explanation of everything, that is until god decides to change the norm"


The Scientist said:
"King Saturn, it ALWAYS depends as what you interpret god as."
You Both should attend a Southern Baptist Church... Science doesnt mix well with there interpretation of God at all
"
I dont need to go to a baptist church, i go to a catholic church^^"
Oh. But Baptist Churches are different in terms of there traditions... but even with that. We all know that there are passages in the Bible that conflict with Science..."
Would be glad to hear them, since god also stands in for wisdom and all that, it would be self controversial
#70 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"I'm going to test just how smart the vine is, and i'm going to start with this simple question.


WHY DO BALLOONS POP?


A) They tear apart at a speed beyond the sound barrier and thats what causes the noise

B) While you blow up the balloon, you expand the rubber, and when you pop it, (as in puncture) the air can only vent in that particular spot and its tries to equal it out so fast that it simply pops and tears the balloon to shreds

C) It Creates a disturbance in the matrix"
C
#71 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

;)

#72 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sha said:
"King Saturn said:
"Science... the Thorn in the Right Foot of God
"
Eh, not really They way i see it God knows Mans limits, the problems is Man doesn't know it's limit. So people can come up with a scientifical explanation of everything, that is until god decides to change the norm"


The Scientist said:
"King Saturn, it ALWAYS depends as what you interpret god as."
You Both should attend a Southern Baptist Church... Science doesnt mix well with there interpretation of God at all
"
I dont need to go to a baptist church, i go to a catholic church^^"
Oh. But Baptist Churches are different in terms of there traditions... but even with that. We all know that there are passages in the Bible that conflict with Science..."
Would be glad to hear them, since god also stands in for wisdom and all that, it would be self controversial"
Indeed. But even God himself said that his Wisdom was higher than The Knowledge of Man... there are even passages that say " Let God be true and all men be Liars " but on a more specific subject lets start from the very beginning of the Bible with Genesis on the Topic of Evolution. Now the Bible gives a very different depiction on how all lifeform in this world...hell all lifeform in this universe came to be ( just read the first chapter of Genesis ) compared to the theory of Evolution or even the concept of the Big Bang. This also goes for the Science of Medicine as well... but I might get into that a little later
#73 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was around then, then why isn't he now? If people were able to even know about him and write down his stories and what they KNOW about him into a book, then why exactly can't it he be found today? or tomorrow? or 60 years ago?

And as for Medical science, tell me, what exactly does god do to cure cancer? simple, nothing, why? because it's all left to us, and thats also a message in the bible, brotherly love, and what we know about ourselves, not about god, so if you come along saying "Let God be true and all men be liars" then what exactly does that make the bible written down by mans hand?

#74 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't want to bring religion into this, now bring that somewhere else

#75 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"If he was around then, then why isn't he now? If people were able to even know about him and write down his stories and what they KNOW about him into a book, then why exactly can't it he be found today? or tomorrow? or 60 years ago?

And as for Medical science, tell me, what exactly does god do to cure cancer? simple, nothing, why? because it's all left to us, and thats also a message in the bible, brotherly love, and what we know about ourselves, not about god, so if you come along saying "Let God be true and all men be liars" then what exactly does that make the bible written down by mans hand?"
LOL

It seems like you are making my point about Science being a Thorn in God's Side. But even with that... according to scripture its the Faith that allows God to manifest himself and work within a person's life. Without the faith God will not manifest himself and show his power within a person's life.
#76 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"I really didn't want to bring religion into this, now bring that somewhere else"
Well it just snowballed from my intial comment. I didnt know it would get feedback like that... so I just felt compelled to defend it since I thought I was being attacked for thinking that.
#77 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Your not being attacked by any means, and i have faith, i've saved 3 people's lives, but my faith doesnt necessarily concern god

#78 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"Your not being attacked by any means, and i have faith, i've saved 3 people's lives, but my faith doesnt necessarily concern god"
Ah Very Good Sir
#79 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

Good times

#80 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
I remember this thread... it was awesome  !

It was probably the first time I got to show folks that God really doesnt give a damn about Science and in many aspects he hates it...
#81 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread, is hereby, revived!

#82 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

vine needs brains

i shall feed

#83 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Science thread. Yes.

#84 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17123 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the periodic symbol for Potassium?

A) K

B)Pb

C) Xe

#85 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17123 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16869 posts) - - Show Bio

Science thread, interesting.

Biology is my favourite.

Evolution simply spectacular.

#87 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I know a way where you can light a fire under a balloon and not have the balloon pop.

#88 Posted by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Science thread, interesting.

Biology is my favourite.

Evolution simply spectacular.

Evolution is definitely my favorite, but I major in terrestrial ecology. Not a fan of chemistry or physics. I prefer facts and research to equations and problem solving.

#89 Posted by ARMIV2 (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

What is the periodic symbol for Potassium?

A) K

B)Pb

C) Xe

It's K, isn't it?

#90 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17123 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

What is the periodic symbol for Potassium?

A) K

B)Pb

C) Xe

It's K, isn't it?

Yes!

#91 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by ARMIV2 (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

What is the periodic symbol for Potassium?

A) K

B)Pb

C) Xe

It's K, isn't it?

Yes!

Sweet! I still knows me some science!

#93 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

  

#94 Posted by Raiiyn (3288 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16869 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Science thread, interesting.

Biology is my favourite.

Evolution simply spectacular.

Evolution is definitely my favorite, but I major in terrestrial ecology. Not a fan of chemistry or physics. I prefer facts and research to equations and problem solving.

Okay.

#96 Posted by Samimista (20182 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Posted by Raiiyn (3288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

I LOVE YOU!

#98 Posted by Samimista (20182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

I LOVE YOU!

My teacher and I were watching this video the other day. Both of us were laughing so much at how cool it is. xD

#99 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

#100 Posted by Raiiyn (3288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: lol Bill Nye was the shiznat. I used to watch this all the time... hence why I posted his theme song... And Popular Mechanics ;P Consider the following was the best ;P