• 81 results
wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wario1988

http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone

Don't i have the best news to post?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I don't really like this news, especially controlling it with my phone

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Don't like the controller design.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

PS3 was hacked a couple years ago by some Japanese people. It was funny cause the PS3 fans would brag how much better PS3 was than XBox. Atleast X-Box is safe enough to use ur credit card on unlike PS3.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Does this mean cheaper PS3 games from now on? Awwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaah!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@JediXMan said:

Don't like the controller design.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By INLIFE

I have used a PS 1, and owned a PS 2 as well as a PS 3. For the next three years, I am sticking with my own soon to built PC.

Anyway, I heard the starting prices are supposed to be between 400-500 USD. This is actually very expected from Sony, but could hurt them like the PS 3's launch. There is also supposed to be a built in camera, so.....1984 comes to gaming.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

PS3 was hacked a couple years ago by some Japanese people. It was funny cause the PS3 fans would brag how much better PS3 was than XBox. Atleast X-Box is safe enough to use ur credit card on unlike PS3.

This makes no sense. The hack incident proved that PSN was not as secure as XBOX Live, not that PS3 was an inferior console. The console itself was not hacked.

Ever since the hack, Sony has taken massive measures to prevent this in the future. They are a business and the hacking is really bad for them, thus they will prevent it to stay afloat with the users.

Besides, it is a once in a lifetime incident. Which is unfortunate for hackers of the future.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ssejllenrad said:

Does this mean cheaper PS3 games from now on? Awwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaah!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

@INLIFE said:

I have used a PS 1, and owned a PS 2 as well as a PS 3. For the next three years, I am sticking with my own soon to built PC.

Anyway, I heard the starting prices are supposed to be between 400-500 USD. This is actually very expected from Sony, but could hurt them like the PS 3's launch. There is also supposed to be a built in camera, so.....1984 comes to gaming.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

This makes no sense. The hack incident proved that PSN was not as secure as XBOX Live, not that PS3 was an inferior console. The console itself was not hacked.

Ever since the hack, Sony has taken massive measures to prevent this in the future. They are a business and the hacking is really bad for them, thus they will prevent it to stay afloat with the users.

Besides, it is a once in a lifetime incident. Which is unfortunate for hackers of the future.

Not to mention X-Box 360 (the console) has been hacked (by that I mean modded) way easily than PS3. Even PS3's jailbreak don't hold when playing newer games cause a system update would have messed up the jailbreak. 360 sells like pancakes in a lot of countries (mostly 3rd world) not because it was a better console but because it allows pirated games.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By INLIFE

@ssejllenrad said:

@INLIFE said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Not to mention X-Box 360 (the console) has been hacked (by that I mean modded) way easily than PS3. Even PS3's jailbreak don't hold when playing newer games cause a system update would have messed up the jailbreak. 360 sells like pancakes in a lot of countries (mostly 3rd world) not because it was a better console but because it allows pirated games.

That's very true. I can easily get a pirated Modern Warfare 3 copy for less than $5 in countries like Jordan....Or any X-box 360 and PC game for that matter.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@INLIFE said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No, I didnt say the Console was hacked, but peoples Bank accounts were. Thats like you paying for a membership on this website and someone smart enough hacks in and sees your bank account info such as your card number and they steal every penny you got in your account. Thats pretty much what happened over there.

Makes perfect sense to me because it's a true story. It really happened. It's Fact!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Pokeysteve

@TERMINATORFAN said:

XBox may be safer but over 50% of PS3's didn't red ring.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself

I call BULLSH!T...the company hasn't even announced it yet and it's coming out in November? NOOOOOOPE not gonna happen

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KnightRise

I'm wating on an official Sony statement. I swear the announcement day was tomorrow

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@Pokeysteve said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Whats that suppose to mean?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Samimista

@KnightRise said:

I'm wating on an official Sony statement. I swear the announcement day was tomorrow

Yeah it is tomorrow. Gonna wait to see what they have to say.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By akbogert

@KnightRise said:

Indeed, February 20th (though it's worth noting that it is February 20th in Japan right now). It's not unheard of for true things to be leaked so shortly before an event, but with the event literally hours from now I'd rather just wait and see what they have to say than read more rumors.

Here's hoping they don't shoot themselves in the foot like Microsoft is ostensibly doing with the always-on Xbox Live thing.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@KnightRise said:

Indeed, February 20th (though it's worth noting that it is February 20th in Japan right now). It's not unheard of for true things to be leaked so shortly before an event, but with the event literally hours from now I'd rather just wait and see what they have to say than read more rumors.

Here's hoping they don't shoot themselves in the foot like Microsoft is ostensibly doing with the always-on Xbox Live thing.

That's just rumor and speculation like the used games thing and every other piece of news right now.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By akbogert

@Captain_Yesterday: Well, that's why I said "ostensibly," though I do believe there was more credence to that particular rumor than most others, based on the sourcing. Again, I don't really like reading rumors on the basis that they are just that. I can talk about all the reasons why something is a great or terrible idea, but it's a lot of wasted air when the thing isn't even necessarily a real thing.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Which was kind of my point on commenting on it now or judging Microsoft's business decisions when they aren't even know to be true.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By akbogert

@Captain_Yesterday: Again, that's why I said ostensibly. My point is simply that I hope Sony doesn't actually do what people are saying Microsoft might due. Both companies have had patents in place which could result in a terrifyingly strict DRM implementation; I just hope that the nightmare scenario doesn't play out. For what it's worth, I didn't actually read any of the reports about Microsoft either, but they have been so talked about and reported that I frankly wasn't even sure whether they were just rumors anymore.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnnyGat

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@INLIFE said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

No, I didnt say the Console was hacked, but peoples Bank accounts were. Thats like you paying for a membership on this website and someone smart enough hacks in and sees your bank account info such as your card number and they steal every penny you got in your account. Thats pretty much what happened over there.

Makes perfect sense to me because it's a true story. It really happened. It's Fact!

And that doesn't happen on Xbox? The only reason we are all aware of The PSN the massive hacking of accounts scandal was because it was during the height of when Sony was trying to sue GeoHot for hacking the PS3. The way Sony handled it got the attention of Anonymous who did the hack to get the accounts. Now what makes it different from other scenarios that it was done in a what you'd call big boom of an exposure and because as mentioned Sony's security was overrated by Sony fanboys that making fun or pointing out this incident becomes a relevant counter argument to them.

Just because one had one very high profile case of hacking doesn't mean that Xbox Live is any safer from the hackers, the amount of coverage on them just isn't as much. I mean how many stories today have you heard of their PSN account getting hacked and credit information stolen post-Anonymous?

http://kotaku.com/5946976/man-loses-xbox-account-to-thief-gives-thief-virtual-smackdown

http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them

Those two articles alone are proof enough that your credit information is just as hackable/jackable as those in PSN the only difference being that PSN had one larger case that got increased exposure. So saying one console is safe enough to use your credit card on over another is simply wishful thinking. Both are susceptible it all depends on the people doing the stealing.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@JohnnyGat: Is X-Box safer than PS3? Yes because they made sure their stuff is safe. Like you said, Sonys security was overrated and had no protection on the accounts that got hacked. =/

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JohnnyGat

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@JohnnyGat: Is X-Box safer than PS3? Yes because they made sure their stuff is safe. Like you said, Sonys security was overrated and had no protection on the accounts that got hacked. =/

Not really. As I mentioned it took an entire hacktivist group like anonymous to hack the PS3. Individual hackers have proven that they can easily hack Xbox Live. PSN had protection it just wasn't good enough against experienced hackers like Anonymous. You barely hear any individuals hacking PSN not saying there aren't but in comparison to individuals claiming to have hacked into Xbox Live accounts PSN has definitely less.

You keep saying one is safer than the other but unless you're a hacker and have attempted to hack either PSN or Xbox Live you're in the same boat as everyone else and really cannot truly say which is safer.

As I mentioned before the thing with the PSN hack was that it got a lot of exposure but exposure =/= ease of hackability. It just means more people are aware of it.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Again, you still stated that a bad business decision was being made based merely on a rumor, The fact that you added a word to say it wasn't set in stone only serves to point that out. The fact that you didn't even read the reports about it and came to that assumption is worse.

You then stated in your next post it was wasted air to comment on things that aren't fact so I'm kind of confused why you would then imply things based on rumors. Or as to why we are having this discussion if you agree.

Sorry I brought it up.

Carry on.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@JohnnyGat said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Not really. As I mentioned it took an entire hacktivist group like anonymous to hack the PS3. Individual hackers have proven that they can easily hack Xbox Live. PSN had protection it just wasn't good enough against experienced hackers like Anonymous. You barely hear any individuals hacking PSN not saying there aren't but in comparison to individuals claiming to have hacked into Xbox Live accounts PSN has definitely less.

You keep saying one is safer than the other but unless you're a hacker and have attempted to hack either PSN or Xbox Live you're in the same boat as everyone else and really cannot truly say which is safer.

As I mentioned before the thing with the PSN hack was that it got a lot of exposure but exposure =/= ease of hackability. It just means more people are aware of it.

Well some might say like myself, that since X-Box hasnt been hacked, then they're immortal unlike PS3 who proved they can be hacked. group of people or not, they got hacked and money got stolen by alot of people. It wasnt just experienced hackers, but it was the Japanese and they're one of the smartest people in the world. the Japanese are almost like gods in a way.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JohnnyGat

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Well some might say like myself, that since X-Box hasnt been hacked, then they're immortal unlike PS3 who proved they can be hacked. group of people or not, they got hacked and money got stolen by alot of people. It wasnt just experienced hackers, but it was the Japanese and they're one of the smartest people in the world. the Japanese are almost like gods in a way.

My point is your assumptions that just because PSN was hacked that Xbox Live is safer is wishful thinking and basically full of holes. I've already given you two articles that proved that Xbox Live is still hackable and has been hacked. Just because the hacks that occur on Xbox Live doesn't get as much exposure as the PSN-Anonymous fiasco doesn't mean they're unhcakable.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By akbogert

@Captain_Yesterday: Well, I don't think I was implying anything based on rumors, merely mentioning the existence of the rumor itself. Though I suppose "shooting themselves in the foot" could be considered an implication that went beyond the rumor. In which case, yes, I suppose my two statements juxtaposed do smack of inconsistency. I would clarify that the "waste of air" remark had more to do with debating and forming drawn-out conclusions based on rumors, not necessarily with briefly commenting on them.

I hope that Sony doesn't try to kill the used games market or force their users to have a permanent Internet connection to be able to use the things they pay for. I suppose I could have said that without referencing the rumors about Microsoft, but that allusion seemed more concise so I went with it. In hindsight I can see why that may have been a poor decision.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@JohnnyGat: Well yeah, I guess anything can be hackable. If the personals smart enough to hack it.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yes, I see you're point. That's all I meant that the wording implied it to be true even though you did state it wasn't a fact.

As for the actual point, I do agree especially about the permanent Internet connection. But I also can't blame the industry for trying to insure they get paid for every game sale. They just need to find a better way than that.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By akbogert

@Captain_Yesterday: For sure. I've actually written rather extensively on that topic, typically siding with the industry (I boycott Gamestop, have been doing so for the better part of two years now, because I hate their business model). But I think at this point the trajectory that consoles (and even many PC games) seem to be following is more self-destructive than beneficial, and certainly does not take into account the damaging effects on well-meaning and honest customers. When pirates get a more enjoyable version of a game while legal buyers are locked out because of a DRM error, you know there's an issue.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By INLIFE

@JohnnyGat:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

• Xbox Live, not X-Box
  • Xbox Live is hacked every day, but, as mentioned By Johnny Gat, not on the scale that PSN experienced in such a short period.
  • Nothing is immortal in the digital world, and Xbox Live gets hacked often as well as PSN. Nothing is safe.
  • "the Japanese are almost like gods in a way".......Have you checked out the stuff about World War II. That was messy and for no true purpose. A couple of old and retired military men from the Japanese army told of the horrible things they and their fellow soldiers did. In the end, the Japanese are only human like you which means they are not gods. They just apply themselves more than some.

Here is what I picked up from the previous comments:

- TERMINATORFAN: X-box is immortal and has not been hacked by otherworldly Japanese or anyone. It is far better than PS3.

- JohnnyGat: Xbox Live is as hack-able as PSN. However, PSN simply experienced a very popular event that was rare and does not reflect the overall and daily conditions of PSN and it's users. Also, PS3 does not get stated as inferior simply based on the rare hacking event. Xbox Live or PSN are very equal in their safety, but PSN's very popular incident just makes it look otherwise. One cannot simply state than one is safer than the other as daily and yearly safety is not truly guaranteed. Evidence has been provided.

Here is how I am seeing It:

Such things do not matter in the end. You are the consumer; you select your products and purchases. Never settle for regret and unhappiness. For some, it is about only specs, while it is about the intense feeling and joy for others. You choose.

At least until they put chips in our brains.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yea that seems to be the problem their dealing with, finding a way to stop it without alienating paying customers

Honestly, I think if Publishers got together and stop allowing Gamestop to carry their new games it may force them into giving up some money from used game sales. But, instead they do the opposite and give them all these crazy pre-order deals all while hating them for used game sales. Seems counterproductive to me.

Sure there are still issues with, ok a ton of issues, mainly it would take all the Publishers doing it together. However, there are plenty of places to buy games and that would have far less negatives than forcing gamers online all the time, which isn't even possible for some.

That's my opinion at least.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By akbogert

@Captain_Yesterday: Indeed on all fronts. I attended a college which, for bandwidth reasons, blocked all video game connectivity on its network. Were I going to college next year, that would effectively mean no gaming for the better part of four years. It would kill the hobby for me.

That's not even considering the ramifications of single-use codes tied to accounts in households with multiple gamers -- be they siblings or spouses. The potential for making gaming prohibitive for new generations (who can't afford multiple copies of a game for every child, or who can't be using up the DSL line, etc. etc.) is a very real threat that the industry seems oblivious to.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Just to find a sardonic outlet to stick it to your incredibly sensationalized title, I'm going to keep my PS3 for the next five years and continue playing it.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Bruxae

@TERMINATORFAN said:

I like how you unprovoked complain about PS3 fanboys with a comment obviously fanboying over the Xbox, hypocrisy much?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Illuminatus said:

Just to find a sardonic outlet to stick it to your incredibly sensationalized title, I'm going to keep my PS3 for the next five years and continue playing it.

I'm still on my PS2.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By spystreak

hardly even play my PS3 anymore

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39  Edited By Pokeysteve

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Whats that suppose to mean?

You must not have a 360. There are four quadrants around the power button on the 360. X number of red lights indicate certain problems ranging from a simple cord connection all the way to the dreaded triple red light which is hardware failure. A little over 50% of 360's have been sent back to be fixed because of various problems. The first PS3 models just overheated which was quickly corrected. The PS3 is the better system but Xbox has a much higher following I think. I forget the stats. It's probably the achievement points lol.

No Caption Provided
ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ToO_RaW

@TERMINATORFAN said:

How untrue. the XBOX network had an issue with the Halo maps that came out. That wasn't even hackers...it was an internal mess up. LOL

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@Pokeysteve:

Still waiting for mine to red ring. So far, zip.

Maybe being a PS2 player for many years has made me cynical that way. :/

Anywho, all this talk of the PS4 shows that this scene just got real. Er.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

Why's the controller so ugly?

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpideyPresence

@Pokeysteve said:

The PS3 is the better system but Xbox has a much higher following I think.

I'd disagree but that's not the topic at hand here anyway does anyone know when the conference will be held eastern time?

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheSheepHerder

I'd take this with a grain of salt. Then again I'd take any Kotaku article with 'reliable' sources with a grain of salt.

@SpideyPresence: It's 6:00PM Eastern/23:00GMT

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Well now a PS4, i can't wait, j/k i don't care for it. I' waiting on the new super smash bros game to come out so i can buy a wii U.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Blood1991

Time to save up 500 bucks.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Curious: will they still be giving support for the PS3? Because I, for one, won't be getting a PS4 the first year it's out (there also probably won't be any good games the first year)

EDIT: Also, any word on backward compatibility? Will I be able to play my PS3 games and, possibly, PS2 games on the PS4?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Xanni15

Just give your money to Microsoft, Sony's on their way out.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By SoA

sticking with PS3 , when the games are in the bargain bin it will be a great (shopping) day . if i get a ps4 or (barf) the orbis it will be when ps5 is around the corner , by that time they will probably have you pay every time you start up the damn system